BaronSat

[MOC] Bespin Cloud Car

Hello SW fans,

Just realised I haven't published photos of my custom Cloud Car here, so here's one. Apparently I can put only 1 picture here (?) but you can see more in my Flick SW album here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/8107354@N03/albums/72157615555753824/page2/

Hope to have some interesting feedback from fine connoisseurs ;)

BESPIN CLOUD CAR 03 SMALL.jpg

Edited by BaronSat

That's a very nice looking model. I especially like your work on the custom pilot. Great use of the duck legs. 

Nice build mate, I would love to build a cloud car MOC. It's on my to-do list but I never seem to find the time  !

Now for my annual 'lego hates cloud city' rant.... 

It's about time lego released a new version of the cloud car, in fact it is long overdue. As for cloud city itself, either in modular construction or a UCS death star sized large set, I have nearly given up all hope of Lego ever releasing anything for cloud city.  I know we had the carbon freeze set, and maybe that was lego testing the market, but If no cloud city based sets are released by 2020 for the 40 year ESB anniversary, then all hope is lost...... :angry:

Nice. definitely recognizable and much better than the old set. I wish Lego would bring this one back.

Very recognizable and a great MOC, but I have to say the proportions are a little off. Compare with this image

But understandably the curves were hard to make in LEGO, so great job anyway @BaronSat! :)

Edited by VaderFan2187

Really creative solution to the windows, well done mate. Loving the grill in the front, too. There's something striking about orange lego - it really catches the eye in a magnificent way. This MOC is a perfect example. Were there any pieces that weren't available in orange that you wanted to use?

On 29/01/2017 at 4:14 PM, Kevin Yoo said:

Great looking Cloud Car! I like the way you made the canopy sections and how they open.

Thanks. Haha, I knew that, I mean on my first version the canopies were unattached to the model, just placed on but I suspected that the amateurs do not like that. :D

On 29/01/2017 at 4:29 PM, Ellisss_2 said:

Looks fantastic, I love the central piece.

Thanks. That part mysteriously attract attention and I wonder why ;D

On 29/01/2017 at 5:31 PM, jhaelego said:

That's a very nice looking model. I especially like your work on the custom pilot. Great use of the duck legs. 

Thanks. Yes when I realised that Donal Duck was (half) the guy for the job I felt very happy.

On 29/01/2017 at 5:50 PM, SPACIBA said:

Looks cool,  i like the colours and the central part,  where it's from this red piece on the helmet? 

Thanks. It's just a visor in trans red:

http://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?P=2447#T=C

On 29/01/2017 at 5:54 PM, LOBOT-OMY said:

Nice build mate, I would love to build a cloud car MOC. It's on my to-do list but I never seem to find the time  !

Now for my annual 'lego hates cloud city' rant.... 

It's about time lego released a new version of the cloud car, in fact it is long overdue. As for cloud city itself, either in modular construction or a UCS death star sized large set, I have nearly given up all hope of Lego ever releasing anything for cloud city.  I know we had the carbon freeze set, and maybe that was lego testing the market, but If no cloud city based sets are released by 2020 for the 40 year ESB anniversary, then all hope is lost...... :angry:

Thanks. Ha, lazy boy... but I must admit it took me tears before I build that one.

You are right we all want a new Cloud City playset and I have no idea why TLC don't produce one??? And Lego ideas isn't a solution as their rules say they can't accept ideas for license they already use. That's what happened to my Ghostbusters chinese restaurant.

On 29/01/2017 at 7:03 PM, Delta62 said:

Nice. definitely recognizable and much better than the old set. I wish Lego would bring this one back.

Thanks. And the old set was red... come on Lego Cloud cars are orange not red, make a 2010's model... with pilots.

On 30/01/2017 at 4:05 AM, VaderFan2187 said:

Very recognizable and a great MOC, but I have to say the proportions are a little off. Compare with this image

But understandably the curves were hard to make in LEGO, so great job anyway @BaronSat! :)

Thanks. Yes but minifigs are chubby and i wanted to keep the model realtively small... and anyway I always do that, I cheat with proportions ;)

17 hours ago, darththeling said:

Really creative solution to the windows, well done mate. Loving the grill in the front, too. There's something striking about orange lego - it really catches the eye in a magnificent way. This MOC is a perfect example. Were there any pieces that weren't available in orange that you wanted to use?

Thanks I was pleased with the solution too,not perfect but not too usual.
I love orange too.
Probably but now the model is finished I can't remember... more orange parts would have been helpful for the canopy.

17 hours ago, Surox said:

Nice! well done

Thanks.

Edited by BaronSat