Sign in to follow this  
Muakhah

Ouskirts of Khadira (Freebuild)

Khadira is a once small town on the coast near the Nocturnus border. Having avoided much of the conflict in the Kaliphlim civil war and having accepted an influx of refugees from across Kaliphlim and Nocturnus the town has grown rapidly. While the center of the town undergoes redevelopment the outskirts remain a messy sprawl of buildings. Here people live their lives as best they can despite the unsettled nature of Kaliphlim and the growing threats from Ravaage.

Khadira Outskirts

Udeen Magrebi runs his open air eatery in a patch of open space outside his small hut. He provides simple hot food to local workers and travelers on a budget.

Street Food

A Khadiran courier, acting as postal service, delivers a letter to a merchant. Just leaving home for the docks or markets the Merchant's home, while simple, is larger and more comfortable than Udeen's simple dwelling.

Mail Delivery

The merchant's wife watches from the terrace upstairs. Dressed in the latest fashion inspired by the Desert King's court she may visit the souqs or coffee houses of Khadira later in the day.

Terrace

Apologies for the simplicity of the builds, the lack of details and textures. I am still waiting for some of my collection to arrive but I had to make something. I had this image in my mind for some time and even with my limited skill it comes across quite well. If I were to do it again I would use a wider variety of plates and tiles to give the ground more texture. I also would try and add more texture and different color to the houses. Also there are too many studs on show in general.

I am hoping this will count towards developing my own town. I am using the rules in this post as guidelines so there is a lot of work to do. I would count this as Hospitality Food and Drink. The Courier I feel isn't enough alone to justify more. And Food and Drink isn't one of the required ones for a Hamlet so I better get building more.

Neat build! Some more plates to detail the ground wouldn't hurt, but a lack of bricks is difficult to help with. You also stated a lack of skills, but keep building and that will vastly improve! :thumbup:  As for this build: I really like the Kaliphlin atmosphere, and the minifigs are great!

It looks good for having limited resources. I know the feeling, as I myself have moved a few times this past year and had times with limited or incomplete collections. I like the doorway and window, as that arch is one of my favorites and distinctively Kaliphlinian. The open air deck is a nice touch, with a fair lady looking down. Keep it up, and I look forward to seeing what you can do with all of your bricks!

A very lively build indeed. When you are able to afford extra bricks..adding some texture to the walls and ground would do wonders for this.

It is a brilliant idea and and has a great kaliphlin feeling. With a few more bricks I feel you could of executed this idea amazingly :sweet: 

Edited by The Maestro

I have to just agree with what everybody else said, couldn't have said it better myself :classic:

Excellent work! Both buildings being set at an angle gives a great layout, though adding tiles under the edges so that they don't 'float' above the ground would be nice. :classic:
The cooking area looks good, as does the cart. Looking forward to seeing what you do with the rest of your collection! :thumbup:

If this is your first build than we can expect great works of you in the future.

As others already said, when you have more bricks you can pimp up your builds to a higher level.

Your build has a good composition and it looks very Kaliphlin. Nice story too :thumbup:

Really great start! You can definitely imagine this as part of a bustling middle eastern town :thumbup: Good layout for the scene :classic:

Thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. The rest of my collection is still slowly traveling by ship so I will stick to smaller stuff and practice the recommended techniques.

You complain about the lack of textures, but I think it works out well.  I would not have guessed that you were at a lack of pieces at all.  It works well with the Kaliphlin setting I think.