ElectroDiva

2017 Lego Trains

2 hours ago, ElectroDiva said:

Looking forward to setting up a nice little display around the tree this year  with these two sets plus a couple of moc carriages.

Have you seen this?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INSTRUCTIONS-for-SIX-custom-Christmas-cars-for-Lego-10254-Winter-Village-Train-/291986899046?epid=2059622610&hash=item43fbc68066:g:2NcAAOSwXeJYCJ0K

They look like some pretty good extra carriages.

Edited by Vilhelm22

8 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

You regretting not getting the WV train last year now ElectroDiva?

It says on the LEGO store that this set is Coming Soon but not the return of the WV train.

The winter village sets have always come back into stock before Christmas for at least one if not two years, so the train will come back into stock around the same time as the station is released, and likely next year as well. So for anybody who didn't buy the train last year and now would like one to go with the new station, it will be possible. 

Does anybody yet know what the trains of 2018 will be yet?  Also, will there be a station (the WV station I think makes this more unlikely) and anything else for that matter?

4 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Does anybody yet know what the trains of 2018 will be yet?  Also, will there be a station (the WV station I think makes this more unlikely) and anything else for that matter?

If there was info you would see it here, there is none

Hi everybody,

I also think that the new Lego train can be one from the Lego ideas. In the moment there are several trains, including some locomotives (hope they got updates with wagons/rail road cars) and get to the 10K!

On 8/29/2017 at 10:27 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

No offence but questions like these are pointless. As soon as people find out news they can share they'll post it here. People aren't sitting on news waiting for someone else to ask for it.

Having said that, you can be fairly certain that there will be a City station next year, a passenger train with a simple oval of track and a more expensive freight train with a little more track. Any other train sets would be welcome but highly unlikely.

What we really need is something like a Mallard train or Stephenson's Rocket. . . . The fastest and the first.  Stephenson's Rocket is actually on Lego Ideas at the moment, and it really needs more support.  Here is the link: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/9f3d760f-7f73-47d5-adf7-caefbb9c8951

Edited by Vilhelm22

Vilhelm22, you are right that Stephenson's Rocket train needs more support to get to the 10K, but do you think that other trains also may need more support to get to the finish line - like this train for instance: https://ideas.lego.com/projects/eac8a22e-a13f-4c5a-813e-8346fd11ba10

For sure it will look nice as the new Lego cargo train.

Edited by nitramvortimid

Hi @Dug,

Thank you for your reply to my post. Do you think that such dehaviour is bad? And if so, can you give me a hint, so that not to make such mistakes in th future? Thank you in advance.

Whatever they may come up with chances are that it will be disappointing. What I'd like to see is a set like 7722 or 7735 that has the battery in the boxcar. That way they should be able to make a train that uses a decent amount of actual bricks but doesn't cost too much. A simple but well designed starter set.

We also need a decent new train station. I strongly disliked the most recent one. Horrible design. Horrible colours. Horrible selection of bricks and pieces. 4554 was such a great set and I don't see why they can't release another brick built station, when the modular buildings seem to do very well.

Meh, the LEGO shelfes at our local stores are shrinking more and more. I'm thinking that their current way of handeling things will sooner or later bite them in their behind. Again. Such a shame.

The user who posted this says to "take it with a grain of salt", but over on the Modular Discussion/Rumor topic, he said that the next modular building for 2018 will apparently be a train station. :shrug_confused:

Edited by Digger of Bricks

3 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

The user who posted this says to "take it with a grain of salt", but over on the Modular Discussion/Rumor topic, he said that the next modular building for 2018 will apparently be a train station. :shrug_confused:

If this is true, is that good or bad?

There is also a discussion about prices of the new sets, there are two which will cost over 300 Euros. So maybe one is a big railway station. IF it is a railway station and it is this expensive I hope that there is a quite long platform and that it fits to the modular buildings theme.

I LOVE the idea of a modular building train station, but i'm not sure how it would work?

If you have the platform in front, sure you would see the train, but the tracks would go in the road of the rest of the buildings.

If you have it behind the building, you wouldn't be able to see the train if it were put on a shelf.

The only other thing I can think of is putting it through the middle of the building, which would make a really short platform.

5 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Are you kidding? This is the trains forum :)

A modular scale train station with a decent part count and modular level of detail would be awesome.

I'd be surprised if it *were* true though - simply because they just released the Winter Village station. I don't think they'd release another station so soon.

Happy to be proved wrong though

5 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

If it is true, it most definitely is a good thing, since a modular train station would call for a complimentary Expert series train set! :sweet:

You know, Lego released every other giant set over this year... from two massive modular buildings, the biggest lego set ever, and countless other things...

might as well give us a  $250 expert train as well!

21 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

If it is true, it most definitely is a good thing, since a modular train station would call for a complimentary Expert series train set! :sweet:

Yeah, it's just that when you first mentioned it you put 'shrug', which I took to mean it might not be that good.

3 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

Yeah, it's just that when you first mentioned it you put 'shrug', which I took to mean it might not be that good.

I was just expressing my uncertainty, since the user I quoted said to take the rumor with a "grain of salt"; so whoever his source is, the user himself is not quite certain about it. 

Also, many people on the topic are finding the concept of a modular compatible train station to be not quite feasible, so there is uncertainty in the rumor in that regard too.

If there is a modular train station, I think there would have to be something like this tunnel as well.

http://www.moc-pages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=414053&id=/user_images/121722/14341278626

This would allow the train to escape, instead of having to leave a gap between modulars.  It would look pretty cool, too.

Edited by Vilhelm22

On 10/27/2017 at 1:25 PM, Vilhelm22 said:

If there is a modular train station, I think there would have to be something like this tunnel as well.

http://www.moc-pages.com/image_zoom.php?mocid=414053&id=/user_images/121722/14341278626

This would allow the train to escape, instead of having to leave a gap between modulars.  It would look pretty cool, too.

I love the tunnel! But would hate to live in the apartment above it!

16 hours ago, LordFattee said:

I love the tunnel! But would hate to live in the apartment above it!

That apartment probably has low rent though......