ElectroDiva

2017 Lego Trains

On 04/08/2017 at 10:25 AM, Capparezza said:

With all those wonderful MOCs around here, it was only a pretty disappointing year in regard of official sets :laugh:

Yep - the fantastic MOCs that people come up with on here and elsewhere definitely help keep me interested.

I also managed to pickup the original Metroliner recently at a reasonable price which has helped soften the blow :)

16 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

It's a shame really, Ideas is such a golden opportunity for fans of classic themes, and many amazing projects have been submitted with not much significant success. I'm pretty sure Lego Ideas staff would love to approve of many of these original creations if they reached 10K, since they aren't based upon any intellectual properties; but AFOLs don't seem to make up for the majority of 10K votes. :sad:

At least original modulars have some success there, everyone (fans and non-fans alike) seems to love those.

But this one did reach 10k and still didn't get made...

I think it boils down to mass market appeal - clearly Ship in a Bottle and Voltron will sell more. This just seemed like a great (missed) opportunity to throw train fans a bone.

Agree on modulars btw - great to see so many of those doing well on Ideas - and although it's not technically a modular, the Old Fishing Store is one of my most anticipated sets

On 8/3/2017 at 2:28 PM, ElectroDiva said:

Roll on 2018...

I should add, if you may not be aware of it already, Sir Von Lego has confirmed the return of the train subtheme for City next year! :classic:

35 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

I should add, if you may not be aware of it already, Sir Von Lego has confirmed the return of the train subtheme for City next year! :classic:

Yep - there was a nice analysis of the "pattern" for City themed train sets posted on page 1 of this thread.

Seems to make sense, and based on that pattern there should be a new freight train, passenger train and possibly station next year  

Nice, I'm super thrilled for new trains! :O I have to find a way to either display the trains or get a layout running. I still only have my 3m circle set up for testing automation. Insufficient! 

Would that be the long-awaited Winter Village station?

There is now a single box art image of the Winter Village Train Station out, even though no official press release has come out yet. 

Eurobricks user @Penkid11 has shared it on the Seasonal 2017 thread linked below.

Great news Digger - that will do nicely :)

The station building is a bit small but looks like it has good scope for expansion.

Love the little yellow minibus / van too.

I think @ElectroDiva should either rename this topic or create another one, as we are now discussing 2018 rather than 2017!

The station building looks quite nice, and I'm liking the level crossing signs/barriers. Suitably non-specific to be able to be used in any country (I think).

All in good time @ColletArrow :)

The Winter Village Station (10259) is actually this year's winter village set and is on sale from October 1st.

10259_Box1_v39l.jpg

They already have it up on the Lego shop@home site at £74.99

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Winter-Village-Station-10259

Judging by the promo pictures on there, it looks like they'll be bringing back last year's winter train to sell alongside it.

Edit: designer video also now up:

Edited by ElectroDiva

Aah right, I thought it would be for next year later, and what with all this talk and leaking of 2018 sets elsewhere I got mixed up... 

It looks good though, with a surprising amount of recoloured parts. Still not sure about the price though...

Oh I like it! If I don't get one for Christmas, I will definitely buy one! I'm already planning my layout with this in mind!

To me, this is one of the best train stations they've released the past couple of years. It has a lot of new parts that can be used for other train related MOC's. The station goes extremely well with last years X-mas train, but I don't see any of the recent trains having a stop at it...

Time to get the My Own Train collection out, or even better, some of those 12V steamers from the '80s. Just imagine, 7750 stopping at this station :o.

4 hours ago, *thomas* said:

To me, this is one of the best train stations they've released the past couple of years. It has a lot of new parts that can be used for other train related MOC's. The station goes extremely well with last years X-mas train

I could not have said it better myself.  Love this little station!

Couldn't you get four of these and make a square or rectangle?  That would look pretty cool without MOC work needed.

I agree with others. This is really a good train station. 

Of course you can always argue about size. But how it looks is how you would expect it to look. I also like that bus a lot.

On 8/23/2017 at 9:37 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Couldn't you get four of these and make a square or rectangle?  That would look pretty cool without MOC work needed.

hahaha, I think four of them combined would be nice, but it's not really within the scope of my budget. Two copies should be enough to beef up the size of the main building as well as lengthen the main platform.

6 hours ago, M_slug357 said:

hahaha, I think four of them combined would be nice, but it's not really within the scope of my budget. Two copies should be enough to beef up the size of the main building as well as lengthen the main platform.

I think two sets mirrored (i.e. like book ends) would look fantastic! And then you would have the flexibility to make the middle section - where the bench is - as long or short as you would like.

Is there any idea on price yet?

Great little station! Love the bus as well. Ideally it would be a great big station, but I'm not complaining. It's still adorable. :wub:

On 8/24/2017 at 6:22 PM, Younge said:

I think two sets mirrored (i.e. like book ends) would look fantastic! And then you would have the flexibility to make the middle section - where the bench is - as long or short as you would like.

Is there any idea on price yet?

I think it's around 80 usd?

On 22/08/2017 at 8:36 PM, ElectroDiva said:

All in good time @ColletArrow :)

The Winter Village Station (10259) is actually this year's winter village set and is on sale from October 1st.

10259_Box1_v39l.jpg

They already have it up on the Lego shop@home site at £74.99

https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/Winter-Village-Station-10259

Judging by the promo pictures on there, it looks like they'll be bringing back last year's winter train to sell alongside it.

Edit: designer video also now up:

You regretting not getting the WV train last year now ElectroDiva?

It says on the LEGO store that this set is Coming Soon but not the return of the WV train.

Edited by Vilhelm22

5 hours ago, Vilhelm22 said:

You regretting not getting the WV train last year now ElectroDiva?

It says on the LEGO store that this set is Coming Soon but not the return of the WV train.

Definitely :) I wasn't hugely impressed with the WV train as a standalone set last year but it fits in very nicely with this station.

Luckily, John Lewis in the U.K. must have had some stock left because they put them back on sale last week. I picked mine up a couple of days ago. 

Looking forward to setting up a nice little display around the tree this year  with these two sets plus a couple of moc carriages.