Hello everybody,

I present to you another "ancient" MOC of mine - built in May 2016 and only now I finally managed to make a presentation of it - The Logging Truck:

800x423.jpg

800x539.jpg

800x510.jpg

At first it was supposed to be a Trial Truck, but as it grew to heavy, especially due to "model team-ish" cabin, I decided to make it more easy going. It doesn't represent any particular model, nor is it scaled or anything... It's driven by a PF XL motor and steered by a PF M motor. It has full suspension, detailed cabin interior and engine compartment
. Oh, and I have to admit it is heavilly inspired by Ingmar Spijkhoven's work (2LegoOrNot2Lego). I'll let the photos do the talking...

800x496.jpg

800x668.jpg

800x541.jpg

800x466.jpg

640x923.jpg

The position of the trailer trolley can be adjusted between the two yellow stops - the main beam slides through the trolley and is held in place by springs and rubber  2L connectors.

800x533.jpg

While the truck is fully suspended, the trailer uses a kind of pendular linkage between both axles.

800x889.jpg

The cabin has detailed interior...

800x999.jpg

800x533.jpg

...and so does the engine bay - totaly imaginatory - without any knowledge or research of the real truck engines :blush: .

800x533.jpg

I guess under skirt shot is in order...

800x337.jpg

I really like how the front axle turned out, the ackermann is almost to much.

Here's another pair of photos to finish it off and a short video of course...

640x961.jpg

800x632.jpg

I hope you like it and thanks for comment.

Please find bigger photos here.

Best regards,

Miha

Edited by MajklSpajkl

Nice! The cabin could have used some colour instead of LBG, but I like the details you put in there. And the steeringlock looks impressive for a LEGO creation:thumbup:

What a beast! By my estimate, around 1 meter long... I agree with Jeroen, a little more color would have been nice, perhaps black wheel-arches on the front instead of light bley, but this is an impressive model with a lot of detail. :thumbup:

This build is amazing... As you know I love log trucks I really can appreciate this build, well done! Colors could have been used, but I like your choice to stick with LBG...excellent! :-)

Edited by 2LegoOrNot2Lego...

Thx guys, I couldn't agree more with you on the colour - it's sooo...sooo... grey :hmpf_bad: Unfortunately it is the only colour I could pull it off with. I'd die for enough dark red or dark blue pieces for it :classic:

@Jeroen Ottens: Indeed I am pleased with that front axle, I think I'll use it for something offroadish in the future.

Thx again to all for your nice comment.

This truck looks pretty cool, it reminds me the War Rig from Mad Max, a big and robust truck, the overall design is great, the drivetrain looks amazing and the steering angle is incredibly good, the suspension in both the truck and the trailer works great, i really like all the functions and details of this vehicle, very nice work on it.