Hi everyone,

I'm here today to present you my latest creation : a theatre stage and is modular background.

Inspired by the look of one of the most important public theatres in France during the seventeenth century - the Théâtre du Palais-Royal –, this MOC makes possible to represent all the comedies you want !

2827302-o_1b6v3a4tt1q4613f46dh135ubc07-f

The main part of this MOC is the stage itself and, of course, the arc of stage with the curtain. The arc uses some Lego architecture building techniques to represent with the most accuracy the Palais-Royal's arc of stage as we know it from archive's documents. This is the very one place where Moliere has represented his most famous plays.

2827311-o_1b6v3c7tnci51rld1du222lh68m-fu

Thanks to a few techniques pieces hidden inside the structure, the built is very strong and can be easily handled without breaking. At the back of the theater, there is a very simple mecanisme who makes possible the openning of a trappe on the stage.

2827338-o_1b6v3fo3l1m0i1u2d17m4jrs1qq42b

There also a little door who makes possible to stock extra pieces and minifigure's accessories under the stage. These pieces and minifigure's accessories come from the other part of this project.

2827347-o_1b6v3jd84cv8su210ve12tqf4k3i-f

Indeed, beside the stage, this MOC come with a secondary kit of pieces. Inspired by the rebuilt's process "3 in 1" from the Creator's modeles, this set of pieces makes possible to build several stage background and accessories to represent multiple wealthy interiors : the « salon » who come with a sedan chair ; the scientist's cabinet with a telescope ; the diner's room with a table, an armchair and a carpet ; and the bedroom with, of course, the bed !

2827350-o_1b6v3jv7k43k1rsd120o8l3bsa3n-f

And finaly, this MOC uses five minifigures who represent actors and actresses. As real actor changing costume between differents plays, these minifigures can exchange heads, hairs and accessories to incarne different characters.

This MOC make possible to represent at least six comedies of Molière, the most famous playwriter on french literature :

Dom Juan,

2827353-o_1b6v3kqqn4g1abj101k1n413io40-f

2827359-o_1b6v3ldtd14v796q8bc40r1umi4a-f

Tartuffe,

2827380-o_1b6v3ni2gnkr5db141818j9sah5d-f

2827383-o_1b6v3nsim1gldbuk1hte1kql5ln5i-

The Misanthrope,

2827374-o_1b6v3murdlpfnv61so21cfn1l1o53-

2827377-o_1b6v3n8pa2rd1mdq66m1t9gq0s58-f

The Imaginary Invalid (Le Malade imaginaire),

2827368-o_1b6v3mc8j91n18vr5qfeclh4c4p-fu

2827371-o_1b6v3mlq81p4lh241beu170l1jii4u

The Learned Ladies (Les Femmes savantes)

2827362-o_1b6v3lnkfva7r58hb0co31lqc4f-fu

2827365-o_1b6v3m1281rvq1t9p1lqn9mhd9s4k-

and The Affected Young Ladies (Les Précieuses ridicules).

2827387-o_1b6v3o4f41vvjg8i105j41s1hat5n-

2827390-o_1b6v3oek91eo1hr2c5iqc51r9s5s-f

But, of course, minifigures and pieces can be used to build any other play !

I have presented this MOC on Lego Ideas because I think it could be a really cool Lego set for everyone ! So, if you like it, you could support it and share it ! ;-) (you also can see other picture with more close up on Ideas)

Thank you everyone, don't hesitate to leave a comment to tell me what do you think of this MOC !

Edited by Campistron
Addition of a precision on title ([MOC])

This is marvellous! Lovely characters and a truly amazingly build stage. This should definitely be an official set. :classic: :thumbup:

"Que fait là votre main? 
- Je tâte votre habit: l'étoffe en est moelleuse. 
- Ah! de grâce, laissez, je suis fort chatouilleuse. "

Tartuffe, Acte III, Scène 3

Such a wonderful creation! And such a fantastic, original idea! What a great idea to transform one of our greatest playwrights into a LEGO set! Voted for it immediately! Fantastic idea! Truly wonderful initiative, and not to mention a great way to open up children to classical theatre and great french authors!  

3 hours ago, Geertos13 said:

Such a wonderful creation! And such a fantastic, original idea! What a great idea to transform one of our greatest playwrights into a LEGO set! Voted for it immediately! Fantastic idea! Truly wonderful initiative, and not to mention a great way to open up children to classical theatre and great french authors!  

Thank you, I'm glad this thematic please you and so many people so far :-)

THIS IS EPIC!!!! So much love has been put into this effort, especially with the ingenious "3 in 1" settings and the alteration of the actors plainly by using minifig hair!!! I most sincerely wish you best of luck and if this set ever goes into production, I am waiting to include a small summary of each play!!! Oh, I can see so many possibilities... Thank you again!!!

P.S: If you like this era, you are most welcome to drop by and say hello and/or participate to our dear Oleon members at BoBS, here in the Pirates subforum.

2 hours ago, blackdeathgr said:

If you like this era, you are most welcome to drop by and say hello and/or participate to our dear Oleon members at BoBS, here in the Pirates subforum.

Just star to see the link you suggest ! This is huge and enthousiastic ! But I drowned a little bit in the flow of information and I do not know where to start! But I will definitly thinking about a character !

Amazing work.  This is a dream come true for those who have hoped for the combination of theater and Lego.  All of the thespian minifigs are great as well.  It is really great how the stage and actors are interchangeable to allow for different scenes.  

Excellent and accurate! Seventeenth-century comedic theater is such a rarely-built-about subject; how refreshing to see a MOC like this. Bravo, monsieur!

Wow, Simply a great idea.

It reminds me of the cardboard stage I had as a kid. Where different plays could be enacted.

The figures were on a stick and I think there were fig for quite a few different plays.

You have my vote indeed. And more it is not "just" an IP set in bricks.

All the best   Henning M.

This is beautiful, and looks like it would be a lot of fun to play with! I love sets that look good on the shelf, but are still playable. As a theatre geek and AFOL, this pushes several of my buttons. Bravo!

12 hours ago, Henning M. said:

It reminds me of the cardboard stage I had as a kid. Where different plays could be enacted.

The figures were on a stick and I think there were fig for quite a few different plays.

This is exactly the thing I haved in mind when I imagined this project ! I'm glad you like it !

Maybe one day ours own kids will play their own comedies plays with this set ! ;-)

That's an excellent MOC, I really like the modularity and how you can dress the actors.

Do you plan some updates? A Shakespear package?

11 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

That's an excellent MOC, I really like the modularity and how you can dress the actors.

Thank you ! Yes I plan some updates ! I hope I could make a Romeo and Juliet scene for valentine's day :-) But I want use only the pieces still on the set, so it's not easy ^^ I just want show people all the possibilities of this MOC !

Brilliant!! I love the merging of arts and LEGO. This could be a great tool to interest younger crowds in Shakespeare - and theatre in general! You've got my vote! 

On 01/02/2017 at 9:52 AM, Bob De Quatre said:

2850779-o_1b851h2ck14mb1erm5v0bt51ptd9-t

2850776-o_1b851f6a5to7nl115ofum71dq64-th

Tadam ! Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet !