My 8th entry into the CCC XIV, for the Traveling Salesman category. I’ve wanted to try an Asian themed build for quite some time now, and this category seemed a great opportunity to finally actually do it. I’m very pleased with how this build turned out, though there were definitely some challenging parts. It was inspired by several of Disco’s excellent Asian builds.

A friendly fish vendor peddles his wares on a busy street.

Overview-4.jpg

Left-2.jpg

Sales2.jpg

Mosaic.jpg

Back-3.jpg

Teapot.jpg

See more pictures on Brickbuilt
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

Very nie build, I love the Asian feeling which you pulled of quite well! :thumbup: My favoured part must be the mosaic in front of the door though :drool: 

Beautiful moc! We can always use more far eastern builds!

Yeah, the mosaic in front of the door! Like the katana holder too!

I'll echo what the others have said about the mosaic, as it is very nice (sponsored by Under Armour?). I also like your cobblestones, varied in size, shape, and color. The thing that impressed me most, however, was the use of the droid arms and clips around the roof to create a very unique border. I like it. 

Intentional or not, the tree is also reminiscent of a bonsai, and the build in its arrangement and colors reminds me of one of those zen garden sand things. Appropriately Asian. 

Great Asian style build LJ, the colors work really well and the market seems to be appropriately bustling!  Very nice tree out front too!

22 hours ago, TitusV said:

Very nie build, I love the Asian feeling which you pulled of quite well! :thumbup: My favoured part must be the mosaic in front of the door though :drool: 

Thanks Titus! Glad you like the mosaic, it was a little tricky getting something that I thought fit the scene :classic:

21 hours ago, Lazer said:

Beautiful moc! We can always use more far eastern builds!

Yeah, the mosaic in front of the door! Like the katana holder too!

Thank you! The katana holder was one of my favorite details too :classic:

15 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

I'll echo what the others have said about the mosaic, as it is very nice (sponsored by Under Armour?). I also like your cobblestones, varied in size, shape, and color. The thing that impressed me most, however, was the use of the droid arms and clips around the roof to create a very unique border. I like it. 

Intentional or not, the tree is also reminiscent of a bonsai, and the build in its arrangement and colors reminds me of one of those zen garden sand things. Appropriately Asian. 

:look: Now that you mention it, the mosaic does look rather like the Under Armour logo :grin: Thanks HQ!

14 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Excellent Asian-themed build. The roof border and the mosaic in front of the door are great details. :thumbup:

Thank you!

41 minutes ago, Kai NRG said:

Great Asian style build LJ, the colors work really well and the market seems to be appropriately bustling!  Very nice tree out front too!

Thanks Kai, glad you like it :classic:

1 minute ago, TheLordOfBricks said:

Nice one John! The Olive Green works perfectly for this scene! Keep it up man!

Thanks Roanoke :classic:

3 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Excellent build LJ! The small mosaic, the interior, and the roof all look great!

Thank you, UM!

Lovely build! I've always felt there should be more Asian medieval builds in the LEGO community, and you did a great job recreating that aesthetic :thumbup: Great merchant cart and the angled layout of the building really makes it pop.

Nice little interior hidden inside as well, that sword holder is pretty clever :classic:

Very nice build, LJ!

The Asiatic influence is evident and well done!  I like the cheese roofs with those clip borders!  The mosaic is nice in front of the door.  I also like the armor and swords for some nice interior details.  The tree seems very fitting for this scene.  The different minifigures are great in this scene as well!  Nice work!

On 1/28/2017 at 10:37 PM, Jakorin Swiftsword said:

A really inspiring build here mate! Keep it up!

Thanks, glad you like it!

On 1/30/2017 at 7:57 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Lovely build! I've always felt there should be more Asian medieval builds in the LEGO community, and you did a great job recreating that aesthetic :thumbup: Great merchant cart and the angled layout of the building really makes it pop.

Nice little interior hidden inside as well, that sword holder is pretty clever :classic:

Thanks Isaac! I agree, we definitely need more Asian medieval builds.

On 1/30/2017 at 11:50 AM, Slegengr said:

Very nice build, LJ!

The Asiatic influence is evident and well done!  I like the cheese roofs with those clip borders!  The mosaic is nice in front of the door.  I also like the armor and swords for some nice interior details.  The tree seems very fitting for this scene.  The different minifigures are great in this scene as well!  Nice work!

Thanks Slegengr! The decoration around the roofs was one of my favorite parts here :classic:

On 2/12/2017 at 3:40 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Wonderful, so charming and so buzzing with life and activity!

Thank you, Captain! Glad you like it :classic:

hey I missed this one! lovely atmosphere and style indeed. my favourite part, though, must be the back actually - I find those small interior details just amazing :sweet:

21 hours ago, en_zoo said:

hey I missed this one! lovely atmosphere and style indeed. my favourite part, though, must be the back actually - I find those small interior details just amazing :sweet:

Thanks en! The interior was actually one of the last things to be added to this build, as I was questioning whether the space available would be sufficient for much. Glad you like how it turned out!