2. 2. Which do you own?

• Death Trooper
    • Scarif Stormtrooper
    • Neither
  3. 3. Which do you plan to get?

• Death Trooper
    • Scarif Stormtrooper
    • Neither

Comparison between 75121 Imperial Death Trooper and 75523 Scarif Stormtrooper. Photos are from Brickset.

75121-1.jpg?20160920103375523-1.jpg?201611300919

Notice the high level of detail these both have. The Death Trooper is on the left; the Scarif Stormtrooper on the right.

Note: As "Shoretrooper" and not "Scarif Stormtrooper" is the accurate name for these troops, I will henceforth refer to 75523 as a Shoretrooper.

Boxes:

tn_75121_alt1_jpg.jpgtn_75523_alt1_jpg.jpg

Both are $24.99 (or $44.99 in my region), but the Death Trooper has 105 pieces; the Shoretrooper only has 64. Therefore, the Death Trooper easily wins in terms of value.

First, we shall compare their helmets.

75121 Imperial Death Trooper31886264951_fbf5a70ef0_n.jpg

Both are amazingly detailed and enormously accurate, but the Shoretrooper has a better helmet in my opinion, as all the little dots representing battle damage are superb. :thumbup:

Chest pieces!

75121 Imperial Death Trooper75523 Scarif Stormtrooper

Both look really good and detailed, but I just slightly prefer the Death Trooper's because you can add and remove the pauldron.

Speaking of pauldrons, it's time for the comparison of the pauldron and the faulds!

75121 Imperial Death Trooper    75523 Scarif Stormtrooper

Both look really good, but the Death Trooper's pauldron has more printing and has the bonus of 3 printed tiles which can be attached, so I think the Death Trooper's pauldron wins. However, it must be said that the Shoretrooper's faulds are really great too.

Time for the legs!

75121 Imperial Death Trooper  75523 Scarif Stormtrooper

Shoretrooper wins this one. More printing on the lower leg panels, plus the addition of the great plastic faulds. One thing I do not like about them both is that they use dark grey feet extensions. Surely they could be made in black and brown? Another noteworthy thing is that the Death Trooper has 3L beams in his legs to cover up the holes, the Shoretrooper does not.

Time for the Weapons!

75121 Imperial Death Trooper75121 Imperial Death Trooper75523 Scarif Stormtrooper

The Death Trooper has two weapons: A blaster and a pistol. The Shoretrooper has a double-barreled E-22 blastser. Both look really impressive, and thus I think it is a tie. The Shoretrooper's gun is more detailed than the Death Trooper's gun, as it has two shooting functions (missile AND stud shooter) plus a blue rangefinder on the side! However, the Death Trooper has the advantage of two weapons, minus the fact that the pistol doesn't look too good in his hand. The pistol can be clipped to the side of the Trooper's leg, however.

VOTE TALLY:

Value = Death Trooper

Helmet = Shoretrooper

Chest pieces = Death Trooper

Pauldron vs Faulds = Death Trooper

Legs = Shoretrooper

Weapons = TIE

Overall, the Death Trooper wins in my book, but only narrowly. Which do you prefer?

They both look good. I've never bought any Star Wars construction figures, nor do I plan too. If I buy one then I'll need to buy another, and another and it just keeps going :laugh:

I'd agree the pistol just looks weird in the deathtroopers hand. And his big blaster doesn't seem as good with the red technic pieces. Overall both seem decent though.