Sign in to follow this  
Hinckley

What the weirdness?

I'm going to host a contest for who can make the best re-creation of this set. The winner gets the priveledge of giving me their entry. X-D We need to create a LEGO fan-theme based on this set! Someone help me find out where I can get one!! :'-)

Attn. Hinckley! Here you go!

Weirdness.jpg

But you can't have it! It's mine! All MINE! :-D

Dr. S.

What's the point in a door being on this wall when you could just go around? *wacko*

Nice Dr S! I see there is no litter out of your bin, I bet Hinckley wishes his town was as rubbish free!

Talking about rubbish, what interests you most about this strange set Hinck?

Edited by casewindu

What? *wacko* I wish Hinckleytown could be like that, where a walrus could be free from the constant fear of being whacked...or given a wedgie, or having his bucket stolen. The horrible, horrible nightmares they must have :'-(

Edit:

Just LOOK at the persecution!

slightlyhigherresmb3.gif

This was taken in their local public pool...

I'm pretty sure that's a manatee. :-)

...Oh no, I'm scared. :-D This is definitely going to bring a lot of laughs. Spontaneous contest ON !!

While looking at that picture... This is what springs to mind. 8-

Just LOOK at the persecution!

slightlyhigherresmb3.gif

This was taken in their local public pool...

Is that Hairy Ruben and Sinner? 8-|

P

OMFG!!

How is it possible that people don't know Strider. It like not knowing the Coen Brothers or never having read a book by Cormac McCarty.

Get Culture!

Btw the set is a mock-up I remember reading about on a videogame forum years ago.

I'm pretty sure that's a manatee. :-)

Sinner just had chinese food the night before and was a little bloated...he was already concerned with his weight from all those clam sundaes...he'll be crushed to read that :'-(

Only on EB could you get a contest based on such a weird thing! :-D

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

The boxart gives the company name "Block Block". I checked out and it seems to be the brother company of Brick Enlighten (how original) :

block0496_a_800.jpg

On this page you can see the comparisasion with real lego systems.

~ RupeeClock ~

How is it possible that people don't know Strider. It like not knowing the Coen Brothers or never having read a book by Cormac McCarty.

I've never heard of Strider, the Coen Brothers or Cormac McCarty before this thread.

I'm not cultured? 8-|

Oh well. X-D

P

Weirdness.jpg

But you can't have it! It's mine! All MINE! :-D

Dr. S.

X-D very funny, i just wouldnt brag to much..or give Hinck your adress in this case either X-D

Even though someone else mentioned this, I definitely recognized the character in the foreground as Strider Hiryu from the Capcom game, Strider. He was also playable in the fighting game, Marvel vs. Capcom. It definitely is reminiscent of the counterfeit company Enlighten, but it looks different. Unless they are copies of clone brands, the hair pieces look original. If this Capcom tie-in is legit, this set is intriguing. Where did you find this, Hinckley? I want one too!! Because if there is a Capcom tie-in there, it could mean that they have Mega-man and Street Fighter.

Well, I just google searched "capcom lego" to see what I could find on this, and I hate to say it but this doesn't seem to be a real set. The picture was done, rather, for promotional purposes. Here's what I found:

As you may or may not know, in Japan when Capcom releases a game they often release a small 12 page book called Capcom Secret File. It includes artwork, information on the making of the game, notes from the staff and other assorted things like this depiction of a fictional (yes it

... where did you find it?

EDIT: Did you find it here?

Sinner discovered the origin of this in the fifth post.

Isn't it the most horrific tragedy you could possibly imagine? This beautiful set and it's cartoony nonsense will never be in my hands. :'-( At least we have each other for support. I believe we shall persevere! We will find strength in our contest...and shock therapy.

The set in question is based on the old Capcom hack n' slash game "Strider" from the very late 80's...

http://www.maj.com/gallery/JINZONINGEN73/J...riderproto1.bmp

http://www.maj.com/gallery/JINZONINGEN73/J...strider2051.png

:'-) :'-) :'-) *wub* Jinzo! You're my hero. I didn't realize it was based on real life people. I can't wait to meet those people and ask them why they littered!

Let's try not to overreact... :-P

What what what??!! This is important. How else are we supposed to respond? *wacko*

What about the scary guy with the hood in the back?

You should be carefull opening the box Hinky, he might jump out and bite you!

You mean that's not a penguin?

Weirdness.jpg

But you can't have it! It's mine! All MINE!

Dr. S.

Oh my Gorsch!! It's the third most beautiful thing I've ever seen! *wub* *wub* *wub* Why must you taunt me with it? More cool sets I can't have :'-( But it's so beautiful even to look at. Thank you. :'-) :'-) I wish Doug was here to enjoy this. :'-(

Talking about rubbish, what interests you most about this strange set Hinck?

Strange? It's the most normal thing I've ever seen. What interests me about it? Well, it gives me purpose in life....

I'm pretty sure that's a manatee.

Who invited the marine biologist to the party?

Actually, I'm glad you're here. I have a question only you can answer: How do I change the clock on my car stereo?

OMFG!!

Get Culture!

Btw the set is a mock-up I remember reading about on a videogame forum years ago.

Another marine biologist... :-|

The boxart gives the company name "Block Block". I checked out and it seems to be the brother company of Brick Enlighten (how original) :

On this page you can see the comparisasion with real lego systems.

~ RupeeClock ~

Thanks for your research Agent Rupee. It's all starting to make sense now.

Everyone, everyone. Thank you for helping me through this difficult time. We will all make it through. That set lives on in our hearts and we will see it come to light with our contest. And someday, maybe...maybe...we can all lead normal lives again. :'-)

This non-existent set shall never be forgotten, it will live on in the memory of Eurobricks members, their children, and their children's children. Never forget the shrouded penguin and his orange globe headed henchman, nor the nonsensical dancers who support littering. Let us praise those who attempt to recreate its awe, such as Dr.S's beautiful work. Let us strive towards MOCing things more akin to this. Let us get through these awful times of despair and sadness as we slowly realise we will never truly see this set. Let us never come to lament this discovery though, as it is golden moment that will change each and everyone of use. Let us help our poor, good friend Hinckley through what is now the most traumatic, depressing time of his life. Let us give this set its peace, and never forget....... :'-(

Batbrick is Back! >:-)

Just an idea I got while doing some research...

You may be interested in the pic at the foot of this page :-D

LuxorV

Just an idea I got while doing some research...

You may be interested in the pic at the foot of this page :-D

LuxorV

yay all hope is not lost :'-) thanks LuxorV, does anyone know this language?

Esto es Espaniol. (Hope I spelled it right :-$ )

[it's Spanish, I think.]

I can understand it quite well; Spanish and Italian are like brothers or close cousins. But not well enough to make a good translation, I fear 8-| .

LuxorV

Look! It's our heroes! Thanks LuxorV!! *wub* *wub* *wub*

post-486-1200991908.png

They're so brilliant!!

block0496_a_800.jpg

I hate to say it, but I'd buy that set if it was LEGO. Of course they just copied older LEGO style to make it, but compared to some of the <insert that tiresome argument> planes now...

Ok, enough of that. Block Block bad, except for the littering girls of course. *wub*

So, I have researched this theme a little and it is definitely the arcade game "Strider", "Strider 2" to be exact. It has to be the sequel as the theme features a character introduced in Strider 2, Strider Hien (the one in the white cloths), and it has the purple swipe shaped like a "2" beside the title. If you would like to know more about Strider, you can read about it in this Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strider_%28arcade_game%29

There you can find the plot, and if you read about the stages, you get hints about who the characters on the Block Block boxart are - they are all bosses from the game.

WARNING: If you are planing on entering Hinckley's marvelous contest, I would NOT recommend reading this! It will polute you're mind with what it really is and make it harder for you to be creative and build something from your interpretation of the theme, which is the whole point of the contest! That's at least what happened to me. |-/

Also, If you google images for "Strider", you get great pics of the protagonist Hiryu.

I hope that was helpful.

So, I have researched this theme a little and it is definitely the arcade game "Strider", "Strider 2" to be exact. It has to be the sequel as the theme features a character introduced in Strider 2, Strider Hien (the one in the white cloths), and it has the purple swipe shaped like a "2" beside the title.

That may be, but most of those characters were in the first, as this gif I made from rips shows:

strider1.gif

The only guys I think who are new in the Block Block set is the one in white cloth, and perhaps the one chinese girl who's eating her hair. (?!?)

As I recall, the 3 chicks that attacked were identical, merely color palette swaps of each other.