Sign in to follow this  
Isundir

A Poor Choice Of Mount [Book II Challenge V Category A]

A Poor Choice Of Mount, Book II Challenge V Category A, Alliance

Even with great haste, one can still choose his mount poorly, especially the insectoid-class monstrosities known most commonly as the Nocturian Antlion. These creatures while extremely fast and deadly are also extremely unsuited for riding.

32154715520_842f322197_b.jpg

Welp, I put a lot of effort into this, so I REALLY hope that the judges will allow this entry given my peculiar and still unresolved situation. C&C is welcome.

Edited by Isundir

Nice build! My only bit of crotique would be that using olive green on both the grass and the animal makes it harder to see the great creature you made!

4 hours ago, Lazer said:

I like it! Made me smile!

3 hours ago, TitusV said:

Nice build! My only bit of crotique would be that using olive green on both the grass and the animal makes it harder to see the great creature you made!

51 minutes ago, don leopold said:

Very nice and dangerous animal, it is a real Noctorian thats for sure !!

Thanks, the Antlion's outer shell plating is the same colour as the enviroment as it's camouflage. Like how polar bears are white for example.

Nice creature ! Very Nocturnian. Good idea !

Indeed, a very poor choice of mount and riding near the dart does not seem to be the best place to be too... :laugh:

Nice creature! I like it. I might suggest building up the terrain a bit to make it more than just flat brown plates with corner vegetation, but that is fairly minor since the focus is clearly on the creature and the dangling "rider". 

12 hours ago, Isundir said:

Welp, I put a lot of effort into this, so I REALLY hope that the judges will allow this entry given my peculiar and still unresolved situation. C&C is welcome

Why wouldn't the build be allowed? Everyone can build in the competition, and there are no restrictions on where/in what guild you depict your rider, at least that I know of. But I could be wrong. I have been known to make mistakes, from time to time. 

Excellent build, definitely one of your best! :thumbup: The creature looks quite menacing, with the use of cheese slopes, curved slopes, and those big spikes on his tail.
The patches of vegetation are fantastic as well, and I like the border design. A few small RB tiles or plates to break up the flatness of the ground would look nice, but that's my only suggestion here :classic:

Wouldn't want to run into this messenger, well, his mount really :laugh: Great critter, the olive green shell and insect like legs give a very unique look fitting to Nocturnus :thumbup:
And I don't see any reason why this would be disqualified :classic:

This had me laughing!  I love the expression on the figure's face and the hilarious setting.  The way the vegetation is arranged makes it look realistic, and I love the story and humor behind the build!  My only suggestion is very minor, which would be to vary the level of the ground slightly by maybe a plate or two and add a few pebbles (1x1 round tiles or plates) of light and dark bley or something to break up the brown underneath.  It is not that noticeable given that the eye wants to look at the scorpion (which is awesome, BTW) and the scene as a whole.