Sign in to follow this  
offroadcreations

[MOC] Mini 42065 Tracked Racer

Hi everyone,

Today I'm showing you my new little MOC, the Mini 42065 Tracked Racer. I was playing around with ideas of things to build with tracks, and then thought of making a mini 42065. So I quickly build a chassis, and then build a body off of it. There are some rare pieces, like the sprockets, rubber track pieces, and a MiniZip 9V cable. Everything else should be relatively simple to find for sale. I know the colors aren't lime, but they don't make the small panels on the front in that color. I also tried to add details of the real set, like the stripes and white with red sprockets. Anyway, here are some pictures of it:

800x480.jpg

Normal View ^

800x480.jpg

Side ^

800x480.jpg

Back ^

800x480.jpg

Here is the underside shot, with the surprise M-Motor! You can drive it like the real set, but only forwards and backwards. ^

800x480.jpg

Here are all the cables I use to power it. It is pretty long, so you can follow it around and change direction with the PF Switch. ^ 

I'll be making it more stable soon, since it is a bit flimsy right now, and I'll post pictures, so stay tuned! 

Thanks everyone! :classic:

On 1/26/2017 at 4:02 PM, Lox Lego said:

Thats cool :) can it wheelie?

No, and I tried taking the wheels off, but whey didn't touch the ground because of the motor. :sceptic:

On 1/27/2017 at 8:44 AM, Lego2016Lego said:

I love it it is so small. If you had micro motors you could make it so it could turn. Are you going to make a video?

Sorry, but I'm not planning on it. I will Rebrickable it, though.

So, I secured the body more, and it works much better.

800x480.jpg

The motor is in another MOC that I'll post soon.