Sign in to follow this  
SkywardBrick

[MOC] Modular Antique Shop - Updated

My first modular city build. First floor is the antique shop with plenty of knick-knacks and collectibles on display. Second and Third floors have living space for the shop owner.

Check it out on Rebrickable!: Antique Shop Modular

*Updated with new roof design

antique_shop_01.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_1.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_2.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_3.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_4.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_5.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_62.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_72.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_82.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

antique_shop_92.png?w=1000&h=&crop=1

Edited by SkywardBrick
Updated

The large arch at the outside of the upper floor doesn't really work for me since it gives the building an egg-like shape. The interior however is really lovely with lots of nice details.

Overall pretty decent. The colors work well together. The interior has some interesting details.

With the front elephant tail pieces, it looks like the door won't be able to open. Something to consider.

I really like the details on the interior. The exterior is quite interesting too but I would have to agree with peedeejay about the arch on the upper floor. I think this MOC would benefit from a more interesting roof line, something similar to the ones in Detective's Office.

Very cool MOC though! I love antique shop idea! I'm working on a museum modular that will showcase minifig items as exhibit pieces and might use some of your antiques as inspiration!

Thanks for the replies and input! After consideration I have decided to change the style of the roof and I can say it does look much better. The front door does in fact have room to open, I made sure to check.

I have updated my original post to show the changes, I am honestly not sure what I was thinking with the original design :laugh:

Edited by SkywardBrick