Sign in to follow this  
TalonCard

LEGO Pirates in Education set...

I was really rather excited several years ago when the Fairytale and Historic Minifigure set came out--it had a number of Pirate related minifigures, including two soldiers, two pirate skeletons, two pirates, two mermaids (well, a mermaid and a merman), and several other minifigure pieces and accessories that were either from the 2009 Pirate line or were Pirate related.

I didn't know until today that it had been updated as the Fantasy Minifigure Set late last year. The Pirate-related part selection is a little smaller, but there's still two soldiers, two "new" pirates, and another nifty pair of mermaids. (When I get this I'm going to have quite a mermaid...school? Pod? Army? They're getting to be a faction all their own at this rate.)

That knight shield is quite nice too, I don't recall seeing it before.

Anyway, it's neat to see Pirate figures turn up in unexpected places, so I thought I'd share. There aren't any exclusive prints or anything, so this set is strictly for those obsessive Pirate collectors who must have every official LEGO Pirate minifigure variation, no matter how minor. If you'll excuse me, I need to find $50... :laugh:

TC

Have the mermaids ever not had printing on the front like these ones? First time I've seen them like that myself, other than that the ninja mask in all grey is a good piece and so is the shield

Edited by SodorBricks

On ‎1‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 0:33 AM, TalonCard said:

still two soldiers

These torsos look like the ones in the 2009 pirate wave and 2011 POTC wave.  I was wondering how Red Coat torsos were available through our LUG.

On 2/8/2017 at 0:42 PM, Phred said:

These torsos look like the ones in the 2009 pirate wave and 2011 POTC wave.  I was wondering how Red Coat torsos were available through our LUG.

Lucky you! I live in a veritable LEGO desert - no LUG or LEGO store within reasonable driving distance. I'd love to get a few more, er, a bunch more of those Redcoats. I suppose Bricklink will have to do...

That tall Wall-E wannabe in Fantasy Minifigures is hilarious. :laugh:

Just under $50 for 118 parts seems pretty steep from a price per part perspective, but there are lots of cool unique elements to be found.

On 2/21/2017 at 7:09 PM, Captain Dee said:

Lucky you! I live in a veritable LEGO desert - no LUG or LEGO store within reasonable driving distance. I'd love to get a few more, er, a bunch more of those Redcoats. I suppose Bricklink will have to do...

You can always join a virtual LUG Cpt Dee. I believe it works the same (same benefits etc), only in the realm of internet (via its own webpage, forum etc)