Pierre Augustin

[MOC] Exécuteur Super Star Destroyer 1,85 m (73 pouces - 6,1 pieds - in progress)

Texte original en anglais:

Bonjour, c'est mon MOC du Destructeur Super Star Executor en lego, commencé en juillet 2016. Je l'ai réalisé en partie avec les pièces du modèle collectionneur 10221 plus une très grande mesure pour atteindre 1,80 m de long. Je n'ai utilisé aucun logiciel et l'ai construit de manière semi-empirique (avec un travail de réflexion préalable, cependant). Du coup, je n'ai pas le nombre exact de pièces, pour l'heure, mais sans doute entre 6 et 7000 briques. Sans compter qu'il est encore inachevé. Pour l'heure, le château arrière et les réacteurs n'ont pas encore été montés. J'ai toutes les briques et sais comment je vais plus à la réserve pour le parfaire. D'ailleurs, il m 'Arriver encore de reprendre et de corriger quelques détails. Mais, dans l'ensemble, et sur le principe, et sur l'essentiel, il est "réglé".

Traduit:

Bonjour, ici, vous pouvez voir mon MOC de  Super Star Destroyer Executor  dans lego, je n'ai pas commencé à construire  en juillet 2016. Je l'ai fait en partie à partir des pièces du modèle 10221 UCS, mais l'ai un Changer lourdement Pour le faire 1, 80m de long. Je n'ai utilisé aucun logiciel, je construis tout semi-empiriquement (avec un peu de planification à l'avance, bien sur). Par conséquent, je ne sais pas maintenant que la seule pièce compte à cet instant, mais c'est sans aucun doute entre 6 et 7000. C'est sans tenir compte du fait qu'il n'a pas été encore fini. Actuellement, la ville à l'arrière et les réacteurs n'ont pas encore été ajoutés. J 'Ai toutes les briques et je sais comment je vais continuer, mais je prendrai mon temps de faire tout simplement. Je dois encore revoir et corriger quelques détails. Mais dans l'ensemble,

ssd DSC_3903

DSC_6734

67411e985ca3844e47fbf446e96ce8b5.jpg

Edited by Pierre Augustin
Translated the text. Please use English at all times, even if it isn't very good.

Génial!

May we respond in anglais?

I hope you are able to add the little details you want and that you update it as it goes so we can see it progress to the final build you desire. 

I wish I could suggest a good approach to mount the engine modules but sadly I do not build at this scale and have no expertise on even the details but I imagine it will be fun to put together regardless. 

Once again, génial. 

Well done!

Edited by Japanbuilder

Yes, you can write in english. But my english is very poor. :D I can write, i can read ;) But when i give informations, sorry, i will do it in french when it's too complex, because i'm not sure of my writing... Thanks at you. I think the principal design is finished... it just miss the reactors and i think how to do it. I just will take all my time. ;)

To see more photos, i let the url of pinterest ;) the photos are more huge.

https://www.pinterest.se/fabriceneaud/super-star-destroyer-executor-en-legos/

Welcome to Eurobricks Pierre!

Please keep us updated, looking forward to seeing the project in its entirety.

By the way, your English is more than adequate =p... don't sell yourself short.

Welcome to our community, and thanks for sharing your impressive creation! The size of it is unbelievable, especially when compared to that wonderful little Star Destroyer you built, and I like how it barely fits in your pictures. It's a marvelous bit of engineering how you keep it all together without it bending too much. I'm a big fan of that little double rim in the hull plates where they meet the city, so that there's no gap there and everything looks very solid, so well done there! The details in the city could be a bit more, covering more studs, but that's only when you start to look closely. It's still a great achievemen, and I can't wait to see it finished.

As for your English, please use it, even though you might think it's not good. This is an international forum, so we should all try that everybody can understand each other. That's why we always use English. I translated your little text (modify it if you like), but please use English in the future, it doesn't matter how good it is. Thank you for trying!

Bonjour Pierre,

Welcome to Eurobricks!

Your Executor is fantastic! Great contrast between SNOT and studs. TLG's ISD looks tiny compared to your huge vessel on Pinterest. :grin: 

If you do not have a Flickr account I would defintely recommend signing up for one as they are widely used on this forum and you can easily embed images.

Wish I had the time and money to attempt something of this size!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Hi Pierre, and welcome to Eurobricks.

Please only use english on EB, thanks.

This is a nice SSD you got there. The dimensions reminds me of my own version. I'm eager to see the bottom side :wink:

Thanks all folks, everyone. ;) I will use english so (sorry for the beginning).

I will take time to finished my MOC, because i used all this summer to do it. I think it used three full months, with, sometimes, all the day (Twelve or fourteen hours per days, sometimes)... it was a real compulsion/obsession to make it and it was very funny to build, to think about, to resolve problems, questions...

It was made in four stages: 1) resolve the general drawing (the most important, i think), 2) resolve the structure ans its solidity, 3) think about the city design and... 4) build the empennage, the aft castle and the reactors or engines (the last missed part).

1) For the general drawing, the principal help and decision was the MOC of Skayen (i thank him for showing me the good resolution for it) which i think the main angles with bricks 41769 and 41770 (and no 47398 and 47397 which are for the eft castle). The principal problem (after resolution of the design) was to fix the shell on the structure. Because you have noticed the hull is not fix with the hypotenuse, like all design of a very large parts of Star and Super Star Destroyers but with the principal "axe", along the spine of the vessel... and you know it's impossible to fix! ;) ... So it's "just" placed on the structure with crossaxles 13670 fixed between the plates of the shell (hull?)... So the weight of the two sides of the hull (right and left), two crossaxles only (in front and behind) fixed under each shell and small precise "holes" in the structure make possible to "placed" and "fix" the shell. The same resolution make possible to adjust the two sides off the shell/hull on the structure without this ugly "void" on the 10221... The other side of the design was to build each sides in one piece and not with fracture, break, between the front part of the large arrow and the aft castle... To finished, i wanted smoothe plates to make a real contrast with the city. I drew and changed the shell/hull more than ten times and like now, i will change a little behind to refine the tail again (always in reflexion). In fact, the only defect with the original design is the angle of the tail. This one is a little shorter in reality but also more right. Here the bricks 47397/98 are still too open again and it's impossible to resolve very precisely... It's the only defect but i think it isn't so much important beside the defects of the model 10221... But I think I have to refine it with only one stud on each side, again. In addition, the tail is longer than the original for compensate the little defect: In order to remain as close as possible to the original design...
1a) There is the bottom shell. It wasn't so complex... and it's "traditionnal", fixed with the hypotenuse... because there is no tail ! So it was more easy. I just had to manage/handle the holes below to fix the feet.

2) the structure was probably the most difficult part to build. I wanted it to be strongest as possible... so there is a lot of beams and half-beams... those half-beams serve as big "tensioners" to make the structure as straight as possible. I saw too much twisted MOC, not straight, not strong. I'm really psycho-rigid with that. :D :D :D It was impossible for me to build a ship too fragile... It was the more long part too build and it's impossible to write here all the steps, all the calls into question... and how to fix the shell/hull on it.

3) i will write about the city an other time and will modifie this comment for it. Thanks!

Hi Pierre,

That's one impressive looking SSD you got there ! And it ain't even finished !! It seriously looks amazing and i'm anxious to see more of it, oh and welcome to Eurobricks BTW  :classic:

This looks great, a vast improvement over the set.  I remember looking at Skayen's topic, and it almost convinced me to try something like this myself.  The set's proportions were way off, due to the use of the 3x12 wedge plates.  4x2 wedge plates are definitely the way to go.  I also thought that it had to be possible to fix the gap or void between the top panels on the set with some careful engineering, and you've done that, too. 

I also like the decision to have the hypotenuses towards the edges--looks real good the way the tiles contrast with the "city" part of the ship.  And I think I understand what you're saying about the difficulty of connecting them -- even as a native English speaker, it's a difficult concept to get across.  So if you're building a big gray triangle ship and if the main connection points for your top panels are along the edges of the ship, it's easiest if the hypotenuses of the triangles go down the center line of the ship.  That's because it's difficult to connect anything to the hypotenuse side of the panels because the connection points would all be at weird, fractional stud distances.  Similar problems occur if you want to have your hypotenuses going down the center line of the ship, but you ALSO want to connect the panels to the center line -- which, oddly enough, is something the design of the 10030 does a lot of, regardless, and is why it uses magnets for those connections.  Anyway, whatever solution you've used looks like it's working quite well, although I'd be interested in seeing more detail on how the bottom panels connect.

Edited by Raskolnikov

1 hour ago, Pierre Augustin said:

Hello everybody, i have a little problem... i can't post anymore photos here and i don't know why... 

My guess is you ran out of space I suggest using a photo hosting site such as Flickr for uploading them, you can store up to 1 Terabyte of content for free.

Le 05/05/2017 à 15h42, Tommy Styrvoky a déclaré:

Je suppose que vous avez manqué d'espace, je suggère d'utiliser un site  d'hébergement de photos tel que  Flickr pour les télécharger, vous pouvez stocker gratuitement jusqu'à 1 Terabyte de contenu.

Merci ...

Mais j'essaie de changer les premières photos pour les plus légères. Mais le site dit "erreur, problème" ... J'ai déjà plusieurs sites d'images, dont le plus précis ... Je ne voudrais pas ouvrir 50 ... Mais à partir de Flickr, nous pouvons reimporter des images ici?

I modified the tail of the ship to be even closer to the original design. Instead of using the 12x3 parts (47398 and 47397) I ended up using the "wings" parts 3585 and 3586 ... they are more tricky to use because you can't clip them below ... In addition, They don't form perfectly straight lines (they have a return of two tenons at the ends) but their angle is so acute that it is not seen too much. Afterwards, difficult to cover with identical tiles, they don't exist, so I was forced to re-cover with the 12x3 by operating a withdrawal of a tenon each time. I was afraid that it would make a lot of defects but in fact it isn't so important and opticly not visible.

The new photos are on the site pinterest ...

La dernière modification de mon exécuteur ... modification de fichier d'attente ..

Comparaison entre la conception originale de l'Exécuteur et mon MOC ...

comparaison maquette SSD mon MOC mai 2018

Hi Pierre, this looks stunning, and you've captured the shape of the original perfectly! :wub:

The greebling of the 'city' looks beautiful and it demonstrates how much better 10221 would have been if TLG had used a greater variety of elements.  Do you have any photos of the underside, and rear engine block?  I couldn't see any in in your flickr folder (link).

Bonjour, Lobot, ce MOC est inachevé aujourd'hui ... je prends mon temps pour faire. Les moteurs manquent encore, précisément. Nous voyons mieux dans les liens sur Pinterest, où il y a toutes les étapes depuis le début. C'est pourquoi vous devez voir une partie encore, en transparence, à l'arrière du tour de contrôle.

Bonjour Novernrob, comme je n'ai pas utilisé le logiciel et construit le vaisseau d'une manière totalement empirique, je ne sais pas combien j'ai utilisé de pièces, désolé ... Donc, je ne peux pas proposer ou vendre le plan . .. Je pense qu'il est entre 6000 et 10000 briques ...

DSC_3070DSC_3914

The Revenge / Impellor Class Destroyer, commencé.

Construction de la vengeance, au format de l'exécuteur, à l'échelle.

DSC_8035

DSC_8166

DSC_8045

DSC_4590Les

Avec des bébés 2 étoiles Destroyers et 2 bébés Acclamateurs ... and the beginning of the Assertor.

J'ai construit 4 nouveaux bébés Destroyers étoiles pour mon exécuteur ... Avec 2 acclamateurs ... (+ mon Impellor bien sûr)

DSC_8691

DSC_2510

Les

4 bébés SD DSC_8674DSC_3867