Captain Nemo

Lego BrickHeadz 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Looks like they were right! Mickey and Minnie were made available in S@H overnight, 19th to 20th. 

Edited by seltun

I like the Krusty BrickHeadz, not so sure about Homer. I wonder if this two will be the only ones from Simpsons.

Here's the first part of a new interview with Marcos Bessa on the BrickHeadz theme...

New Elementary - LEGO® BRICKHEADZ: MARCOS BESSA INTERVIEW PART 1

...plus a parts-centric review of several of this year's sets from the same blog:

New Elementary - LEGO® BRICKHEADZ: HARRY POTTER, FROZEN AND STAR WARS

I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but LEGO has been literally absent from this year's NYCC (except perhaps for the LEGO DC Super Villains game booth), unlike of that from last year when they specifically had a van at the parking area teasing the following year's (2018) LEGO BrickHeadz sets. LEGO did the same thing when it first launched or announced the theme in 2016. They strategically used the Comic Conventions to promote the next wave of BrickHeadz, and they should have promoted the 2019 sets already (if any) at this point. 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/05/lego-justice-league-avengers-infinity-war-star-wars-brickheadz-2018-nycc/

14 hours ago, Robert8 said:

The Brick Fan is reporting that this theme is ending

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-brickheadz-theme-rumored-to-be-ending/

That can't be. This year has been one of the most aggressive for the theme in terms of output, and to expect it to just merely slam on the breaks full stop the following year... :wacko:

19 hours ago, albertbalanza said:

I don't know if it's just a coincidence, but LEGO has been literally absent from this year's NYCC (except perhaps for the LEGO DC Super Villains game booth), unlike of that from last year when they specifically had a van at the parking area teasing the following year's (2018) LEGO BrickHeadz sets. LEGO did the same thing when it first launched or announced the theme in 2016. They strategically used the Comic Conventions to promote the next wave of BrickHeadz, and they should have promoted the 2019 sets already (if any) at this point. 

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/10/05/lego-justice-league-avengers-infinity-war-star-wars-brickheadz-2018-nycc/

This isn't the first time LEGO has been absent from NYCC. They also had a gap in attendance in 2012 when they instead put that part of their North American marketing budget towards the life-size LEGO X-Wing unveiling in Times Square.

If I had to guess what might have taken priority over NYCC this year, I'd suspect that LEGO may be planning a surprise appearance at BlizzCon to unveil the Overwatch building sets. BlizzCon happens next month, and on their Saturday schedule, in addition to the main "Artist at Work" behind-the-scenes panels for each of their big game properties (including Overwatch), there's a panel titled "Overwatch: Building a Hero", summarized as "Ever wonder how Overwatch heroes are made? Join the developers as they show us what it takes to make heroes come to life." The description is ambiguous enough that it could be describing either game developers or physical product developers such as LEGO, but the use of the title "Building a Hero" for something SEPARATE from the character design panel earlier in the afternoon makes me think that it's going to be something different than a regular game or character design panel.

Someone on Brickset forums says that Marcos Bessa has debunked the rumors of BrickHeadz ending, but I don't know their source. It'd be incredibly weird for a theme's final year to be as big as this year's BrickHeadz lineup, though. Most themes wind down towards the end, rather than ramping up and then blinking out abruptly.

Edited by Aanchir

On 10/8/2018 at 12:33 AM, Robert8 said:

The Brick Fan is reporting that this theme is ending

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-brickheadz-theme-rumored-to-be-ending/

If you read more than the headline they are reporting that one of their readers replied to a comment saying that a cashier from a Lego Discovery Centre that was running a booth at Brickworld was clearancing their Brickheadz and said the line would end. They could well have been clearancing the items as they didn't want to transport them back after the convention. 

That same blog post on TheBrickFan has a comment screenshot where Marcos (lead designer for LEGO on the theme) said there are more coming in 2019.

9 hours ago, dvt said:

That same blog post on TheBrickFan has a comment screenshot where Marcos (lead designer for LEGO on the theme) said there are more coming in 2019.

Is that indeed @marcosbessa:shrug_confused:

If a LEGO designer confirmed it, then that should be more than enough.

Even more, now we can open a 2019 BrickHeadz thread since is 100% confirmed

Just now, Robert8 said:

Even more, now we can open a 2019 BrickHeadz thread since is 100% confirmed

One has already been started by @J4ck back in June:

For context, I have built every single Brickhead (with the exception of the Comicon Exclusives). I just completed the October 1 releases, and I have to say that Sally may the best Brickhead yet. I wasn’t crazy about the TNBC set when I first heard about it, and even when I first saw the pictures, but Sally is very impressive in my opinion. I love the colors. 

Regarding the Krusty the Clown build, are the two real 2x2 plates on the back of his head extremely loose for everybody else. Maybe I did something wrong, but it seems like a very poor design, and it really doesn’t add anything to the looks either. 

All in all, this wave was great.  Looking forward to next years releases. 

Edited by RyanMe

Hello, so I just got 57! It was in Canada!

46202728885_8d05786ef2_b.jpg

Yeah right! J/K! So I built this little guy up, but I'm going to buy the sticker kit for it and make a box for it too. 

1 hour ago, TinCan said:

46202728885_8d05786ef2_b.jpg

Yeah right! J/K! So I built this little guy up, but I'm going to buy the sticker kit for it and make a box for it too. 

Holy bricks! That’s awesome!

Well he was the only one missing from my collection,  I tend to collect them like Noah's Ark in pairs of two?

On 2/17/2019 at 9:00 AM, TinCan said:

I was gonna say...you're missing the stickers!

I built him myself, too.  The stickers from the creepy Geoffrey set work really well.  You can get away with just one sheet if you're careful.  It's a cool little build.