Captain Nemo

Lego BrickHeadz 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

I think Sally looks great but Jack looks odd because they've tried to round his head. Every human character has a rounder head than their Brickheadz do, not to mention LEGO minifigures who have been translated into Brickheadz. Having flat surfaces is part of the design aesthetic, so Jack looks out of place with rounded sides to his head. I think he'd look much better simply mod'd to have all flat sides.

I think the BrickHeadz box should also include the minifigure versions of the characters 

47 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

I think the BrickHeadz box should also include the minifigure versions of the characters 

YES! this would be AMAZING. 

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Maybe we'll rather see them arrive in minifigure form for a presumably eventual second CMS for Disney.

I dunno what is it but something is off about Jack, he doesn't even look like Jack if you ask me.

I hope someone can recreate his face. I dunno it looks like his eyes or the shape of the head. 

Other than that, I love the Sally build. 

Edited by SpiderJazz
Spelling

They look like Brickheadz.  Though very few characters really work as Brickheadz, in my eyes.

The Jack looks weird because of the domed side pieces for me and no dome head.  For me either no dome pieces anywhere and keep it square and in line with the Brickheadz motif.  Also i think if they used larger black tile pieces for the eyes it would look more like Jack.  I may modify it myself once I get it.

The TLG Twitter said the Ghostbusters pack should be released July 1st but there is nothing on the Lego website right now for sale.  Also the Ron/Dumbledore set is yet to go up.  Is this common for the Lego website?  The other sets that are due on July 1st are already up there.  Or does any know if the Ghostbusters or the Ron/Dumbledore pack is supposed to exclusive to a retailer?

4 minutes ago, the_Yoyo said:

The Jack looks weird because of the domed side pieces for me and no dome head.  For me either no dome pieces anywhere and keep it square and in line with the Brickheadz motif.  Also i think if they used larger black tile pieces for the eyes it would look more like Jack.  I may modify it myself once I get it.

The TLG Twitter said the Ghostbusters pack should be released July 1st but there is nothing on the Lego website right now for sale.  Also the Ron/Dumbledore set is yet to go up.  Is this common for the Lego website?  The other sets that are due on July 1st are already up there.  Or does any know if the Ghostbusters or the Ron/Dumbledore pack is supposed to exclusive to a retailer?

There’s been some changes to Lego’s release calendar apparently due to TRU closing. For example the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts Sets are not listed but are now being released July 1st. I think it’s just all a bit up in the air at the moment

46 minutes ago, Whovastron said:

There’s been some changes to Lego’s release calendar apparently due to TRU closing. For example the Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts Sets are not listed but are now being released July 1st. I think it’s just all a bit up in the air at the moment

could be the case i wonder if the Ron/Dumbledore set was supposed to be a TRU exclusive. There are plenty of pictures of the box and sets online.  The other 2 HP Brickheadz sets though have been up on the lego website as "coming soon" for a while though.  Hopefully they are up on the 1st because right now it seems I'll be buying quite a few new sets on the first otherwise.

Has anyone seen the limited edition Bob Ross Brickheadz on instagram yet?

I quite like the use of the yellow hand fan as a painting knife and the inclusion of the easel. And I absolutely love that they recolored part 99780 (Bracket 1x2-1x2 Inverted) in tan.

10 hours ago, TAFOL said:

Has anyone seen the limited edition Bob Ross Brickheadz on instagram yet?

I'm pretty certain that's a creation of someone's, as no one else has rumored or reported on such a set. Did you perhaps find it under the hashtag #legoleak/#legoleaks?

Yes I did. Didn't know it was a fake until I read the comments. Sorry for the misinformation.

Looks like the Lego Twitter officially announced The Little Mermaid double set.  I like the look of Ursula but not sold just yet on Ariel.  I dont know when it may be actually released though.  Anyone have an idea?

Got pictures of Mickey Mouse. I love it. Box is color yellow numbered as 66.

Cool build. If I can get pictures of Minnie. I'll upload it on my IG too.

On 6/20/2018 at 2:38 PM, BrickHeadz_de said:

Please don't use EB for self-promotion.

So S@H now confirms Venkman & Slimer release date on July 1 not August as previously reported.

*edit* in Europe

Edited by Lucarex

Pics of Groot and rocket Brickheadz have just been released on Lego's twitter feed

4 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

Groot looks good but Rocket is odd looking IMO

I agree about Rocket i think the colors for his fur look off.  It seems a bit too brown for me.  From what I could tell in pictures he isn't the traditional black/gray in raccoons but he certainly isnt that brown.  I am not sure if Lego was trying not to create a new color just for that set or what.  Felt a bit disappointed since they've been pretty on point with the recent brickheadz reveals (outside of the Jack one) 

Just now, the_Yoyo said:

I agree about Rocket i think the colors for his fur look off.  It seems a bit too brown for me.  From what I could tell in pictures he isn't the traditional black/gray in raccoons but he certainly isnt that brown.  I am not sure if Lego was trying not to create a new color just for that set or what.  Felt a bit disappointed since they've been pretty on point with the recent brickheadz reveals (outside of the Jack one) 

I know when i made my version i couldnt get all the pieces i needed in a nice light brown so i had to go with grey too, like the minifigs.

but something else is off with TLGs version, im not sure what it is yet will need to look at it more

I love the Rocket and Groot set! Groot is perfect. The top of Rocket's head is a little too flat IMO but that can be easily changed. Love the use of Wolverine claws for Rocket's whiskers, and that Groot is holding what I assume to be his Space Invaders game.

This just makes me want so many more IW characters in Brickheadz form. Thor with Stormbreaker, Iron Spider, Doctor Strange, the list goes on and on. Hopefully we'll get more for Avengers 4.

Is it just me or Groot's colour way off? Should match the brown used on the MF/BF surely.

Surprised Thor hasn't been made yet. Serious oversight.