Captain Nemo

Lego BrickHeadz 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

16 minutes ago, MAB said:

I saw those too. I thought the Ariel one was a little bit cheating as they are using hinges to angle some of the hair. This seems to go against the spirit of all perpendicular connections, and it would have been easy enough to make it more brickheadz like using curved slopes. But the rest of it is superb.

I also quite like these WW2 MOCS (I won't embed them in case anyone is offended). https://www.flickr.com/photos/66290600@N07/32753412212

Belle used hinge pieces in her hair.  I also think Hulk and Thanos used them for the hands

For the bun-type thing at the back? Yes, I forgot about that.

11 hours ago, sousmarineuse said:

About the hair, I think it's the best part of Brickheadz

Agreed, but usually that's the only unique part of each individual BrickHeadz set anyway. With human characters, they usually all share the same construction for their body and face, unless they're wearing a helmet or armor.

22 hours ago, MAB said:

I also quite like these WW2 MOCS (I won't embed them in case anyone is offended). 

I am offended.

I pressed red button twice. No moderator moved. 

Hitler Brickheadz to illustrate hair problem? Seriously? 

And after that, what? Sadam Hussein to illustrate fashion problem? 

Are you kidding? 

It is not fun. It is not entertainment. It is not comics. It is not video-game. It is not Netflix. 

No superhero. No reboot. 

Millions of men, women and kids died. Murdered. For real. 

A such brickheadz is not a ww2 moc. It is only a devious way to glorify Crime against Humanity. 

You can close my account of your website. Last post for me. 

I am ashamed to have participated to such conversations. 

1 hour ago, Captain Nemo said:

@sousmarineuse I have removed the link in question. 

Although, per site policy we do not close accounts on request. 

Ok :thumbup: ! Thank you for your intervention! 

So much appreciated :sweet:

I have mentioned that Minnie Mouse could be a good source of parts to make large mushrooms (red with white spots), but she also has 2 black dishes for ears, which are also pretty cool.

Edited by x105Black

10 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Mmmm Ursula looks good, but Ariel..... not so much 

Are you talking about the custom creations I shared here, or has Lego's official Ariel BrickHeadz set leaked?

1 hour ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Are you talking about the custom creations I shared here, or has Lego's official Ariel BrickHeadz set leaked?

Picture of the instructions was on Instagram earlier today. 

Something seems really off to me about Ariel's hair. And I wish her seashell bra could have used the actual shell parts in purple. Oh well. Ursula looks great but these are going to be a pass for me. I still can't wait to see what the Rocket and Groot set looks like.

17 minutes ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Something seems really off to me about Ariel's hair. And I wish her seashell bra could have used the actual shell parts in purple.

I think the hair will have its charme, when be seen in real. And to change the seashells for the actual parts won‘t be too much of a problem ;)

15 hours ago, BlueberryWaffles said:

Something seems really off to me about Ariel's hair. And I wish her seashell bra could have used the actual shell parts in purple. Oh well. Ursula looks great but these are going to be a pass for me. I still can't wait to see what the Rocket and Groot set looks like.

This is so dumb, but I'm almost positive that the reason they didn't do that was that they didn't want to have a point in the building process where it made Ariel look like she was... uh... "in a state of undress." :blush:

18 minutes ago, BrickSantorum said:

This is so dumb, but I'm almost positive that the reason they didn't do that was that they didn't want to have a point in the building process where it made Ariel look like she was... uh... "in a state of undress." :blush:

Exactly lol

And if you remove the seashells, the exposed studs would look like....... nope. The printed torso was the best option

8 hours ago, BrickSantorum said:

Didn't think about it that way. Makes sense now.

Ariel is the first character that Lego has made a minifig, minidoll, Duplo figure and BrickHeadz variant of. Pretty notable, if you ask me. Belle has 3/4, just needing her own minifigure, and the same with Ursula, who doesn’t have a Duplo figure.

1 hour ago, saysonder said:

Ariel is the first character that Lego has made a minifig, minidoll, Duplo figure and BrickHeadz variant of. Pretty notable, if you ask me. Belle has 3/4, just needing her own minifigure, and the same with Ursula, who doesn’t have a Duplo figure.

I take it you mean Disney princesses, because Wonder Woman already owned that title.

11 hours ago, RedHoodPug said:

I take it you mean Disney princesses, because Wonder Woman already owned that title.

Oh I actually forgot about her completely. 

I love the ursula brickhead but not so much the Ariel one.  I think the one MOC that was on the brothers-brick was a lot better for Ariel.  I probably will still end up getting it though of course

The HP sets are just amazing though.  I absolutely love them and can't wait till they are out.  Harry/Hedwig and Hermoine are on the lego site already any idea when Ron and Dumbledore are coming out?

Thanks

Hello. I picked up the Bulgarian June-December 2018 catalogue today and inside I found this, which I haven't seen online as of yet. It reads "Expect new BrickHeadz in Autumn 2018".

(Had to compress the image, hence the bad quality.)

Webp.net-compress-image (1).jpg

4 hours ago, Vasko said:

Hello. I picked up the Bulgarian June-December 2018 catalogue today and inside I found this, which I haven't seen online as of yet. It reads "Expect new BrickHeadz in Autumn 2018".

Unless they're simply advertising upcoming Disney branded BrickHeadz in general, I presume they're teasing the rumored Mickey and Minnie ones we heard of earlier. Based upon that image, I wonder if they'll both be "vintage" styled.

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Unless they're simply advertising upcoming Disney branded BrickHeadz in general, I presume they're teasing the rumored Mickey and Minnie ones we heard of earlier. Based upon that image, I wonder if they'll both be "vintage" styled.

I’m pretty sure there are pictures of Minnie and Mickey out there so I wouldn’t call them a rumor anymore 

6 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I’m pretty sure there are pictures of Minnie and Mickey out there so I wouldn’t call them a rumor anymore 

So, are they "modern" or "vintage" styled, if you know what I mean? :shrug_oh_well:

21 minutes ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, are they "modern" or "vintage" styled, if you know what I mean? :shrug_oh_well:

They're modern. Definitely not based on the design in the picture. My guess is that the Little Mermaid two-pack, Frozen trio, and Ghostbusters two-pack are coming in August, that's what this ad is referring to. I think the HP ones come out earlier, but if not, they'll most likely release at that time too.