Captain Nemo

Lego BrickHeadz 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

On 17/05/2018 at 11:52 PM, Benny benny BENNY said:

Do you think that it will follow and well see Doctor Who, portal, Goonies etc etc 

They would be stupid not to do a Doctor Who one to tie in with the first female Doctor's first series this Autumn. That's a TV event almost as big as the Royal Wedding. 

Looks to me as though 41631 is a tightly guarded set for Crimes of Grindelwald; it's Newt and another full size character (as a quick example, it's not like Hedwig), but I didn't catch which. We're looking at $19.99 in the US and 247 pieces; two more than 41621 Ron & Dumbledore. It will be exclusive to Target in the US.

Quick list that I have on hand:

41615 Harry Potter™ & Hedwig™, $14.99 US (LEGO Announced)

41616 Hermione Granger™ $9.99 US (LEGO Announced)

41617 Elsa $9.99 US

41618 Anna & Olaf, $14.99 US

41619 Darth Vader™, $9.99 US

41620 Stormtrooper, $9.99 US

41612 Steve & Creeper, $19.99 US (Target Exclusive?)

41621 Ron Weasley™ & Albus Dumbledore™, $19.99 US (Target Exclusive) (LEGO Announced)

41622 Peter Venkman & Slimer, $19.99 US (Unknown Exclusive) (LEGO Announced)

41623 [Differing Unknown IP], $19.99 US (TRU Exclusive?)

41624 Mickey Mouse, $9.99 US

41625 Minnie Mouse, $9.99 US

41626 Groot & Rocket Raccoon, $14.99 US

41627 Luke Skywalker & Yoda, $14.99 US

41628 Princess Leia Organa™, $9.99 US

41629 Boba Fett™, $9.99 US

41630 [Jack Skellington & Sally], $19.99 US

41631 [The Crimes of Grindelwald Dualpack (Newt Scamander & ???)], $19.99 US (Target Exclusive)

I made the blue "Wizarding World"; the turquoise is Frozen, the red is Star Wars, the urple is Mickey & Minnie, and the orange is everything else. Hope that helps. :)

Edited by Azani

21 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

That's a TV event almost as big as the Royal Wedding. 

Well that's just exaggeration.  It's a big deal though, that much is true.

I like Hedwig and Slimer, but wish I could get them alone.  I may have to Bricklink them.  I may also have to Bricklink the great printed tiles from Dumbledore.  I'm not that much into the whole build, nor am I into Ron.

I like Vader and Boba Fett.  Vader is especially good.

I have yet to see Jack and Sally.  I have yet to see Yoda, Rocket, and Groot.  Decisions may have to wait on those.

I wasn't much into Brickheadz until I got Thanos a couple weeks ago.  I got him mostly because I'm a huge fan of the character, but he may have changed my mind on the theme.

21 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

They would be stupid not to do a Doctor Who one to tie in with the first female Doctor's first series this Autumn. That's a TV event almost as big as the Royal Wedding. 

Meaning life goes on perfectly well if you don't watch it, but the BBC won't shut up about it for weeks?

5 hours ago, x105Black said:

Well that's just exaggeration.  It's a big deal though, that much is true.

I like Hedwig and Slimer, but wish I could get them alone.  I may have to Bricklink them.  I may also have to Bricklink the great printed tiles from Dumbledore.  I'm not that much into the whole build, nor am I into Ron.

I like Vader and Boba Fett.  Vader is especially good.

I have yet to see Jack and Sally.  I have yet to see Yoda, Rocket, and Groot.  Decisions may have to wait on those.

I wasn't much into Brickheadz until I got Thanos a couple weeks ago.  I got him mostly because I'm a huge fan of the character, but he may have changed my mind on the theme.

Have you seen Boba Fett? I'd love to see it. Note that this is not even close to the SDCC exclusive kit that we've caught reviews and such for online; off the top of my head, 1-3 folks outside of LEGO/the retail business have seen that kit - it might be online, but I'd be surprised.

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Have you seen Boba Fett? I'd love to see it. Note that this is not even close to the SDCC exclusive kit that we've caught reviews and such for online; off the top of my head, 1-3 folks outside of LEGO/the retail business have seen that kit - it might be online, but I'd be surprised.

Fair enough.  I was basing my assumption off of the SDCC set with Han in carbonite.  That's another I would have gotten if it was available to everyone.

8 hours ago, MAB said:

Meaning life goes on perfectly well if you don't watch it, but the BBC won't shut up about it for weeks?

It will certainly annoy those who don't like the show given how much the BBC will promote it, but for those of us who do it will be a patriotic moment that will make us proud to be British.

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Any thoughts as to when Venkman/Slimer will likely be released?

August. (Not a guess)

On 5/22/2018 at 5:59 AM, Lucarex said:

Any thoughts as to when Venkman/Slimer will likely be released?

As it is, yeah, we're looking at August for 41622-41625. No need to guess here.

On 5/22/2018 at 9:30 AM, dimaks13 said:

August. (Not a guess)

Bingo. TLG would never unveil October kits before June. :P

July

41615-41621

August

41622-41625

October

41626-41630

November

41631-41632

On 5/21/2018 at 7:12 AM, Azani said:

41623 [Differing Unknown IP], $19.99 US (TRU Exclusive?)

going to go out on a limb and guess that this set is not a TRU exclusive

19 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

going to go out on a limb and guess that this set is not a TRU exclusive

Nice try. It is in Canada, Hong Kong, the EU - everywhere except for the US and the UK.

Regardless, of course, I know what it is and where it will be, so you're obviously good to ask, but yeah, it's still at TRU in 95% of the countries that have ever hosted a TRU.

Edited by Azani

10 minutes ago, Azani said:

Nice try. It is in Canada, Hong Kong, the EU - everywhere except for the US and the UK.

Regardless, of course, I know what it is and where it will be, so you're good to ask, but yeah, it's still at TRU in 95% of the countries that have ever hosted a TRU. Lmao.

so will it be available through The Lego stores and shop@home, or are we SOL on this one.

21 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

so will it be available through The Lego stores and shop@home, or are we SOL on this one.

Yeah, no, that's a good question.

I can tell you that it'll definitely be available via LEGO direct (brand stores & Shop@Home), but what I know for sure about these mostly extends through the US and Canada; it'll still be sold at TRU in Canada/everywhere in the EU except for the UK (and Germany - missed that one, sorry!). I believe that it will get picked up by a differing US retailer such as Walmart or Target, but as far as I can tell, the only guarantee for stateside folks, the most legitimate means of getting ahold of these involves expecting/accepting that it will be available as a D2C. 41610 Batman & Superman seems to have gone the same way.

I don't know where you're at, but the short answer is that yeah, it should definitely be available via LEGo themselves - at least.

Edited by Azani

9 hours ago, Azani said:

I don't know where you're at, but the short answer is that yeah, it should definitely be available via LEGo themselves - at least.

I’m close enough to a lego store and discovery center I’ll be able to get one. 

So you know what it is?  Please just tell me it isn’t a brickhead Geoffrey.  The insistence on it being a TRU exclusive has me worried after the last Geoffrey set LEGO made. 

Minnie Mouse has leaked on instagram.

5 hours ago, MAB said:

Minnie Mouse has leaked on instagram.

Not bad! All those printed polka dot parts are certainly going to be useful to others. :thumbup: :wink:

2 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

All those printed polka dot parts are certainly going to be useful to others. :thumbup: :wink:

Could be useful to build mushrooms...

So it seems based on a leaked photo that one of the brickheadz in 41623 is Ursula from the little mermaid. 41623 is listed as $20 for I would guess Ariel is coming in the duel pack as well 

16 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So it seems based on a leaked photo that one of the brickheadz in 41623 is Ursula from the little mermaid. 41623 is listed as $20 for I would guess Ariel is coming in the duel pack as well 

Yes, looks beautiful!! Like it so much!! :wub::wub::wub:

Waiting pics of Ariel!

10 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Huh, so they're covering The Little Mermaid now. Well, Ursula looks great I'll admit, especially in capturing both her hair and her tentacles. And speaking of hair, I'd imagine Ariel's will be a rather interesting build too.

10 hours ago, sousmarineuse said:

Yes, looks beautiful!! Like it so much!! :wub::wub::wub:

It's quite ironic that we should hear of this news, as I only saw some The Little Mermaid themed BrickHeadz creations featured on The Brothers Brick a few days ago. :classic:

The Brothers Brick - Brickheadz that dwell under the sea 

12 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Huh, so they're covering The Little Mermaid now. Well, Ursula looks great I'll admit, especially in capturing both her hair and her tentacles. And speaking of hair, I'd imagine Ariel's will be a rather interesting build too.

It's quite ironic that we should hear of this news, as I only saw some The Little Mermaid themed BrickHeadz creations featured on The Brothers Brick a few days ago. :classic:

Don't understand the ironic point, but yes, I saw Swan Dutchman creations and are wonderful too. 

King Triton is a very good idea too. But I regret that Disney Brickheads are  really short series (Belle/Beast, Mickey/Minnie, etc). 

About the hair, I think it's the best part of Brickheadz (I'm not a big fan of brickheads in general, but some of them are cool) 

On 5/28/2018 at 9:21 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

I saw those too. I thought the Ariel one was a little bit cheating as they are using hinges to angle some of the hair. This seems to go against the spirit of all perpendicular connections, and it would have been easy enough to make it more brickheadz like using curved slopes. But the rest of it is superb.

I also quite like these WW2 MOCS (I won't embed them in case anyone is offended). *link removed*