Captain Nemo

Lego BrickHeadz 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, Falconfan1414 said:

Not that I know of. This might be the first 

If that's indeed the case, perhaps it comes in the wake of TRU's closure in the United States? 

Do they normally also sell these 'exclusives' at LEGO stores / shop@home? All my closest Barnes and Nobles have closed down.

So, just when you think TLG can't mess up yet again with marketing Brickheadz...

As if the multiple convention exclusives (now retailing at insane prices on eBay) weren't enough to p-off your average non-US-based collector, now they're giving B&N (a soulless bookseller chain rapidly heading the way of TRU) exclusives?! On a globally popular Disney/Pixar license no less...

Am I right in thinking the BTTF pair are also a retailer exclusive? 

:hmpf_bad:

11 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Am I right in thinking the BTTF pair are also a retailer exclusive? 

:hmpf_bad:

Im not sure if it is or isn’t but i know they sell it at targets so if is a exclusive, it’s a target one 

11 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Im not sure if it is or isn’t but i know they sell it at targets so if is a exclusive, it’s a target one 

4g4x88.jpg

Brickheadz seems to really be copying the Funko product model with these exclusives. Funko runs exclusives for multiple retail stores and I feel like Lego is trying to drum up similar attention in that market with the same collectibles strategy. 

One problem is that Brickheadz needs a consistent pull, so changing baseplates breaks that up and ruins the consistency. 

16 minutes ago, HawkLord said:

One problem is that Brickheadz needs a consistent pull, so changing baseplates breaks that up and ruins the consistency. 

It's just a baseplate and is less of a issue compared to a change to the scale of the main figure. At least you can easily retrofit earlier models with the new bases.

And I see that Funko sets don't have baseplates except for their star wars ones. But with Funko, you can at least still display them unopened and in-box, and that may hide the star wars bases.

I think the changing brickheadz baseplate design is just them working out issues with the new theme. Their first bump was Belle's larger baseplate. Hopefully the current design can last longer.

Barnes and Noble is a weird choice. At least that means I can use my member discount on them, so that's nice. Just hope they won't be in limited quantities. 

Just got the Marty and Doc set. By far my favorite Brickheadz yet. They nailed the looks. I also noticed that the two packs don't have printed tiles on the base.

7 hours ago, badbob001 said:

Do they normally also sell these 'exclusives' at LEGO stores / shop@home? All my closest Barnes and Nobles have closed down.

yes

The Jurassic World and BttF brickheadz are currently on the US S@H

5 hours ago, Lucarex said:

What's with that Batman? The eyes look terrible like he's wearing prescription glasses! Should have given him GITD tiles.

Justice League's Tactical Batman wears squarish goggles over his cowl, hence the eyes:

Spoiler

PD1500958940AMQ.jpg?1524138618273

Luckily I have a Barnes and Nobel here in town, so I was able to snag the Incredibles Brickheadz. I must say they're my favorites so far (though if the TNBC rumors are correct that could change).

4 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Justice League's Tactical Batman wears squarish goggles over his cowl, hence the eyes:

Hide contents

Haha looks even more ridiculous. Like he's doing lengths at the local pool.

Seems B&N do shop internationally without gouging too much, but Target don't which is a shame as in terms of BH desirability, I rate BTTF > Incredibles.

1 hour ago, Benny benny BENNY said:

whats TNBC ?

The Nightmare Before Christmas :pir-skel:

3 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Haha looks even more ridiculous. Like he's doing lengths at the local pool.

It's the DCEU's take on the Vacation Batman CMF! :head_back:

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Elsa brickheadz leaked. It looks exactly how you think it would look. Nothing special 

We appreciate the update; lol.

Real quick, yup; the image that I posted is a low-res shot of the upcoming product page tile for lego.ocm; Elsa is shown from a rather unassuming angle. She's better the side. :P

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Elsa brickheadz leaked. It looks exactly how you think it would look. Nothing special 

Can't find it.

Not so exclusive in Europe it seems.

Incredibles, JP, Bat/Super and BTTF (this last one is "coming soon") are all available at S@H 

12 hours ago, Azani said:

Elsa is shown from a rather unassuming angle. She's better the side. :P

That's good to know, as I too was left with a rather unimpressed impression upon seeing this image. Kinda weird that we now have both minidoll and BrickHeadz iterations of Anna and Elsa before we even seen minifigures of them.

On 4/24/2018 at 5:53 AM, julesvincent said:

Already found the new Justice League Brickheadz. The metallic prints look very awesome!

Where did you get it? I'm just curious which store is getting this one as an exclusive. I think it's gonna be like a Best Buy or something. :look: