Captain Nemo

Lego BrickHeadz 2018 - Rumors & Discussion

On 3/14/2018 at 1:12 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

We are getting a duel pack of Marty and doc brown in 41611

Correct. 41611 Marty McCoy & Doc Brown will launch at $19.99 US. Thanks @dimaks13 for that bit.

On 3/14/2018 at 12:29 PM, badbob001 said:

My guess is that it'll be something milked from LEGO's existing relationship with Disney. From that, they already got Marvel and Star Wars, so only major thing left is the core disney animation IP. So perhaps something like Mickey Mouse or characters from The Incredibles.

I wouldn't necessarily say so.

On 3/14/2018 at 1:12 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

We are getting a mickey and Minnie brickheadz in set 41624 and 41625

Yeah, so, just to clarify, this is what we'll be seeing:

April
41613 Mr. Incredible & Frozone (Exclusive)
41614 Owen & Blue (Walmart Exclusive)

May
41610 Tactical Batman & Superman (Exclusive)
41611 Marty McFly & Doc Brown (Exclusive)

July
41615 Harry Potter & Hedwig
41616 Hermione
41617 Elsa
41618 Anna & Olaf
41619 Darth Vader
41620 Stormtrooper

August
41612 [Steve & Creeper] (Wal-Mart Exclusive)
41624 Mickey Mouse
41625 Minnie Mouse

October
41626 Groot & Rocket Raccoon
41627 Luke & Yoda
41628 Princess Leia
41629 Boba Fett

Edited by Azani

5 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We are getting a mickey and Minnie brickheadz in set 41624 and 41625

I have a hard time trying to picture how those will translate into Lego, because of their ears, head roundness, and size of their eyes. It'll be interesting to see what the designers come up with.

On 3/14/2018 at 12:20 PM, julesvincent said:

I‘m just thinking if Sam and Quora from Tron will be the double-pack. That would be fitting with the ideas release of the light cycles...

Hmm, maybe? Or, perhaps it will be a double pack with Classic Tron and Sark from the 1982 original film.

8 hours ago, julesvincent said:

Nope; they're not due to see release for another month or so. A few folks have managed to get them, though.

IMO that is Chewie's worst angle; he looks much better from the side or from a 45 degree perspective.

Edited by Azani

I think Chewie has a great cartoony look. The forehead area could use alittle work, just to texture it out. It’d be nice if Chewie had optional weapons from the OT and ROTS. 

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There will be a mr incredible and frozone brickheadz Set number 41613 for $20

I guess that's better than nothing on the Frozone side of things. D'you suppose they'll add extra bricks to Incredible's upper body, or just use the stupid Hulk fists?

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

There will be a mr incredible and frozone brickheadz Set number 41613 for $20

So, this must have been what @Azani was talking about. *huh*

14 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

So, this must have been what @Azani was talking about. *huh*

13 hours ago, julesvincent said:

Yes, also same set nr. I would have liked a tron set better :D

Correct. Somehow, a certain fellow figured that out before TLG's announcement, which I did not expect. Very bizarre.

Anyways, 41613 will be Mr. Incredible & Frozone. Should be 19.99 in the US like FalconFan said, and I think that it's actually less than 200 pieces. I'd need to double check on that.

As I had let on earlier, it should be releasing in late April with 41614; that said, it's exclusive to somewhere. Might be Walmart; not sure.

Indiana Jones would have been really awesome; TRON too. The good news is that there are still quite a few unrevealed Brickheadz coming in the last few months of the year... :) I've updated my above list.

Edited by Azani

I find it stupid that there are so many exclusive brickheadz this year. I live in the EU and i love these brickheadz, but i can't fly over to every comicon they sell these at, or go to walmarkt. I can only collect like 1/2 off all brickheadz.... i know a few people who think about it the same way, there selling plans are not great for these brickheadz... 

4 hours ago, Azani said:

The good news is that there are still quite a few unrevealed Brickheadz coming in the last few months of the year... :)

This is good news, indeed! Thank you :)

it almost seems like TLG  developed the  brickheadz line  to use  just  as convention exclusives, which would have been fine,as it would offer a nice keepsake with exclusive packaging  for those that attended the show and easily recreated by those that couldnt.  if they had just stuck to designs that were 100% rebrickable, but then they made them with unique parts/colors/printing and also decided they might be able to also sell them at retail. 

Edited by Mattallica

5 hours ago, Azani said:

Indiana Jones would have been really awesome; TRON too. The good news is that there are still quite a few unrevealed Brickheadz coming in the last few months of the year... :) I've updated my above list.

Oh. So, is that all you know as of now regarding these later releases, only that there are more coming? Or, do you know what they are specifically right now?

12 hours ago, Brickheadbram said:

I find it stupid that there are so many exclusive brickheadz this year. I live in the EU and i love these brickheadz, but i can't fly over to every comicon they sell these at, or go to walmarkt. I can only collect like 1/2 off all brickheadz.... i know a few people who think about it the same way, there selling plans are not great for these brickheadz... 

All of the Walmart/Target exclusive Brickheadz will be available in the EU. To be honest, you can probably look forward to getting them before we do in the states. :)

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Oh. So, is that all you know as of now regarding these later releases, only that there are more coming? Or, do you know what they are specifically right now?

No comment right now, this early in the year; my apologies.

Tactical batman and Superman leaked. Superman looks exactly how a Superman brickheadz should look. Batman on the other hand uses werid. The yellow doesn’t mix great with the rest of the suit 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Tactical batman and Superman leaked. Superman looks exactly how a Superman brickheadz should look. Batman on the other hand uses werid. The yellow doesn’t mix great with the rest of the suit 

I know Batfleck has little cowl ears, but they're almost nonexistent on his BrickHeadz caricature. :look:

5 hours ago, julesvincent said:

I‘m still waiting for the unikitty tail in black.  So a little sad, even if the chance was very small. 

Ah, well, that's certainly true. That part did work great for Supes' iconic 'S' curl. :sceptic:

8 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Jeez, you're being kind. I'm struggling to think of a worse BH abomination than this Batman. Like they gave the design brief to the night janitor.

Also, my imagination or are those some sort of micro lightbrick LED eyes?

Edited by Lucarex

47 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Jeez, you're being kind. I'm struggling to think of a worse BH abomination than this Batman. Like they gave the design brief to the night janitor.

Also, my imagination or are those some sort of micro lightbrick LED eyes?

No they are 1 by 1 translucent square tiles