Deathstroke77

Episode VIII title revealed

This is the LEGO Star Wars board, so I assume this can be posted here... At least I hope so :classic:

Anyway: http://www.starwars.com/news/the-official-title-for-star-wars-episode-viii-revealed?cmp=smc|785924754

Star Wars: The Last Jedi. Neat. Looking forward to seeing what LEGO brings out for this movie, fingers crossed for a LEGO version of Snoke and obviously of old Luke!

Edited by Deathstroke77
Spell check

Thankfully, the chances of there not being a old Luke minifigure are approximately 3,720 to 1.

Anyway, good title, I like it.  I hope Rian Johnson took a lot of risks with the story, and I hope there are lots of big, gray, and triangular space ships.

13 minutes ago, Umbra-Manis said:

Excited, I am! I smell a death though...

Same, unfortunately. Probably either Luke or Leia, likely the latter though due to Carrie's passing.

4 hours ago, Raskolnikov said:

Thankfully, the chances of there not being a old Luke minifigure are approximately 3,720 to 1.

Never tell me the odds!

3 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

Same, unfortunately. Probably either Luke or Leia, likely the latter though due to Carrie's passing.

@Error404 pointed out on the Star Wars board that in "The Last Jedi", "Jedi" could be plural…

Edited by VaderFan2187
EDIT: I think this belongs in Culture & Multimedia though. This is a "LEGO" Star Wars subforum after all.

3 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I think they already confirmed that she...

...survives and was supposed to be in Episode 9.

At least we have time to get used to the "LJ" or "TLJ" abbreviation.

Edited by JPN366

I think that the Brazilian title of the film I think it was referred to Jedi as masculine, so I assume that the term Jedi refers to Luke, not Luke and Rey.

Some theories on who "The Last Jedi" could be.

Will we get to know who the characters are related to?

If Rey is the last Jedi, it means she's a Skywalker! :oh: This is because Disney said it's "the next chapter in the Skywalker saga"

JJ Abrams previously said that Rey and Finn's surnames should be familiar to most fans. Is Rey a Skywalker/Solo/Kenobi? Is Finn a Calrissian/Windu? Will we find out in The Last Jedi? :sweet:

Edited by VaderFan2187

It doesn't fit with the pattern of the first two triangles naming but I'm sure the film will surpass the title.

23 minutes ago, AgentKallus of Hydra said:

It doesn't fit with the pattern of the first two triangles naming but I'm sure the film will surpass the title.

Do you mean trilogies? :wink:

Prequel Trilogy:

• The Phantom Menace: Neutral Name
  • Attack of the Clones: Pro-Light Side Name
  • Revenge of the Sith: Pro-Dark Side Name

Winner in Prequel Trilogy storyline: Dark Side

Classic Trilogy:

• A New Hope: Neutral Name
  • The Empire Strikes Back: Pro-Dark Side Name
  • Return of the Jedi: Pro-Light Side Name

Winner in Classic Trilogy storyline: Light Side

Sequel Trilogy:

• The Force Awakens: Neutral Name
  • The Last Jedi: Pro-Light Side Name?
  • ????????: Pro-Dark Side Name???

Winner in Sequel Trilogy storyline: Dark Side???

Edited by VaderFan2187
I hope the way I type is clear enough for you all to see my reasoning…

5 hours ago, JPN366 said:

I think they already confirmed that she...

Reveal hidden contents

...survives and was supposed to be in Episode 9.

At least we have time to get used to the "LJ" or "TLJ" abbreviation.

Except they aren't gonna recreate her with CGI for Episode 9, and they can't recast her, so the best option would be to change things up and kill her off this film. Her death could drive Ben to the light

Yes I did mean trilogies :P

And though I partially had noticed the trend you mentioned and I like the way you interpreted it as I hadn't thought about a dark side victory in episode 9.

I actually meant something else see in the  Original and Prequel trilogies it is as follows

Original and Prequel trilogies

• less literal name: The Phantom Menace/ 
  • Assault by a faction: Attack of the Clones/ The Empire Strikes Back
  • action of force users: Revenge of the Sith/ Return of the Jedi

But then

Sequel Trilogy:

• less literal name:The Force Awakens
  • Name that ruined my dreams:The Last Jedi (which supposed to be plural right? that's how I interpreted it)
  • action of force users:The knights of Ren vs Batman in Hollywood 

16 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Never tell me the odds!

@Error404 pointed out on the Star Wars board that in "The Last Jedi", "Jedi" could be plural…

Glad you said this because that's what I was thinking. I personally think obviously it's referring to Luke as they call him that TFA but with the plural of Jedi being Jedi it could be referring to him and then Rey. 

6 hours ago, Ashnflash said:

Glad you said this because that's what I was thinking. I personally think obviously it's referring to Luke as they call him that TFA but with the plural of Jedi being Jedi it could be referring to him and then Rey. 

22 hours ago, Deathstroke77 said:

I think that the Brazilian title of the film I think it was referred to Jedi as masculine, so I assume that the term Jedi refers to Luke, not Luke and Rey.

Perhaps Rey never becomes a truly full-fledged Jedi?

I just saw someone perhaps hinting at the titles of the Sequel Trilogy forming a sentence.... Might be a bit far fetched but The Force Awakens the Last Jedi Something Something :grin:

14 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

I just saw someone perhaps hinting at the titles of the Sequel Trilogy forming a sentence.... Might be a bit far fetched but The Force Awakens the Last Jedi Something Something :grin:

The Force Awakens The Last Jedi To Go To Work? :tongue:

I'm not saying it may not become plural :wink: Just that very clearly we know it to be singular now, as in there is no possible others as Rey is not a jedi yet.

Unless there's a time jump later (apparently 8 takes place immediately after the end of 7) or a large amount of time passes I'm not sure if she will become one in this movie. Again its possible the point of this movie is that she does and the title becomes plural. Then again if we follow Star Wars tradition the master must die, and leave Rey as the sole Jedi making the title singular again.  

Thing is, i'm not convinced Rey is going to become a Jedi. I think if she's the Chosen One who is meant to bring balance to the force, she's going to be between the light and dark. The Sith and Jedi are a cycle of asymmetrical power where when one is in power there are very few of the other. That's not balance at all. Of course she could become a jedi and then move past that but that is only a theory.   

Edited by Forresto

24 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I'm not saying it may not become plural :wink: Just that very clearly we know it to be singular now, as in there is no possible others as Rey is not a jedi yet.

Unless there's a time jump later (apparently 8 takes place immediately after the end of 7) or a large amount of time passes I'm not sure if she will become one in this movie. Again its possible the point of this movie is that she does and the title becomes plural. Then again if we follow Star Wars tradition the master must die, and leave Rey as the sole Jedi making the title singular again.  

Thing is, i'm not convinced Rey is going to become a Jedi. I think if she's the Chosen One who is meant to bring balance to the force, she's going to be between the light and dark. The Sith and Jedi are a cycle of asymmetrical power where when one is in power there are very few of the other. That's not balance at all. Of course she could become a jedi and then move past that but that is only a theory.   

Interesting theory, but I have doubts about her being the chosen one. The Mortis episodes of Clone Wars made it very clear (in my opinion) that Anakin was the chosen one, as the Father clearly identified him. Unless the story team has decided to disregard the statements of the Father, then Anakin was IDed by the most powerful force-being in the universe as the chosen one, the one to control the daughter (light side) and son (dark side).

2 hours ago, Forresto said:

What if this movie is not about how there will only be one Jedi left… it is about Rey's journey with the (currently) last Jedi? Maybe she will only become a full Jedi in EP IX. And no, I doubt she's the Chosen One.

I'm fairly certain that the following will come to be true by the end of EPVIII.

Luke will be the last Jedi (possibly die for one reason or another, probably to save Rey)

Rey will NOT become Jedi, but she will be trained to use the force, she will hold to her passions (non-Jedi like) but will still fight for the good of all. a balanced individual.

Kylo will continue to push towards the dark but will not be able to eliminate the light in himself, still wishing to become Sith like Vader was.

the Resistance will have an early victory but ultimately the First Order will have the final (more impactful) victory of the film.

Snoke will become over confident, setting up his fall in EPIX (also seriously how awesome is EPIX as an abbreviation for episode 9!)