Evilkirk

[MOC] The Millennium Falcon

My main goal was to completely rebuild and enlarge my 7965 Millennium Falcon, with the main focus on 'playability', so that all parts of the ship could be accessed by minifigures (and  fat fingers!) from everywhere else + trying to keep as close to the real deal as possible - BUT only using parts from my few non-star wars sets and the ancient 7190 Falcon model. 

It started with taking the technic floor base from the 7965 set and making it 8 studs longer and wider and then I built it up in my own way from there. As my parts were limited, you'll see a lot of elements from 7965 (such as the external docking ports on the sides) but I feel I've added enough of my own style and ideas to call this my own creation.

I tried to use official photos as source material, although I had to use a bit of 'artistic licence' here and there and a lot of the interior decor is wrong due to a serious LOL (Lack of Lego). I could have bought a million tiles for the floor and walls to make it look neater, but that would have taken me off my goal that I set at the start of the build - and I like studded floors so that the people can stand where they like as they fly through hyperspace ;)

1main.jpg

Edited by Evilkirk

It seems very beautiful, congratulations! How many parts approximately?

I would like to see more photos. :classic:

Lego Millennium Falcon back leftLego Millennium Falcon cockpitLego Millennium Falcon top back2Lego Millennium Falcon right 3Lego Millennium Falcon right 2

Lego Millennium Falcon back rightLego Millennium Falcon left frontLego Millennium Falcon top rightLego Millennium Falcon rightLego Millennium Falcon interior sideLego Millennium Falcon interior main hold 3Lego Millennium Falcon interior engine room 2Lego Millennium Falcon interior crew quartersLego Millennium Falcon interior number 3 hold

Lego Millennium Falcon interior engine room 1Lego Millennium Falcon interior backLego Millennium Falcon interiorLego Millennium Falcon interior main 3Lego Millennium Falcon interior main 2Lego Millennium Falcon interior frontLego Millennium Falcon backLego Millennium Falcon leftLego Millennium Falcon topLego Millennium Falcon Chewie repairsLego Millennium Falcon right frontLego Millennium Falcon scale photoLego Millennium Falcon interior life supportLego Millennium Falcon interior main hold 1

10 minutes ago, Cyh Naan said:

It seems very beautiful, congratulations! How many parts approximately?

I would like to see more photos. :classic:

Pics posted above! :) No idea how many pieces, but it weighs a ton lol

Full gallery on Flickr although I'm pretty sure I posted most of them here anyway, thanks for looking!  https://www.flickr.com/photos/evilkirk/albums/72157677525917720

20 hours ago, dmarkng said:

Really good mod-moc.

Think you managed to cram as much space into it, great job.

Thanks, I tried to get as close to the official floor-plan as possible but I just didn't have the internal space (or parts!) to get it 100% correct :)

Edited by Evilkirk

Wow! It looks amazing! The best Falcon I´ve seen at this scale.

I have planned to modify my 75105 Falcon for a long time, and your MOC is a great inspiration.

You are a great builder, good job!

Best MOC Falcon I've seen. I bet there wil be a new Falcon next year when the Han Soo movie comes out. I hope TLG sees your version ;)

Could you please make a photo of the cockpit interior? (the cockpit without the large piece)

15 hours ago, Jayoheazy said:

This is one of the best original MF I've seen. I'd likely pay $250-$300 if it were a licensed set

That means that TLG would probably charge $400, since they always charge the most they can. Also, @Evilkirk how did you get/why do you have so many copies of the #7111 Droid Fighter from 1999?

this is awesome I hope TLG see this and bare it in mind if the rumours of a ucs falcon are true imagine that with your interior sized up to fit if that happened I would have to get one

Really nice work. I'm a big fan of builds that put fun and playability first. My son would absolutely love this.

Excellent rendition, its perfect for system scale and the mix of old and new grey goes a long way to make the Falcon look old (which it is) :classic::thumbup:

On 2/3/2017 at 1:58 PM, Jedi-Bendu said:

Best MOC Falcon I've seen. I bet there wil be a new Falcon next year when the Han Soo movie comes out. I hope TLG sees your version ;)

Could you please make a photo of the cockpit interior? (the cockpit without the large piece)

Here you go buddy - I'm afraid it's nothing special inside there, the main thing I wanted in the cockpit was to have a usable 'access hatch' from the corridor. I can squeeeeze 4 guys in there but they just look too cramped.

*Please ignore the thermal detonator attached to the co-pilots controls, I was running low on control panels lol*

Lego Millennium Falcon interior cockpit accessLego Millennium Falcon interior cockpit

On 2/6/2017 at 3:06 AM, starwars4ever said:

That means that TLG would probably charge $400, since they always charge the most they can. Also, @Evilkirk how did you get/why do you have so many copies of the #7111 Droid Fighter from 1999?

I happened to see those droid fighters reduced on sale for £2 each in 1999 (RIP Woolworths) and in a mad moment of Lego-lust I cleared the whole shelf in the shop.

This is just fantastic !    Very, very impressive both interior and exterior.  I wish I had to skills and imagination to do this to my MF.  :wink:

On 25/02/2017 at 2:28 PM, LOBOT-OMY said:

This is just fantastic !    Very, very impressive both interior and exterior.  I wish I had to skills and imagination to do this to my MF.  :wink:

Thanks! Currently it's all in peices as I'm attempting to rebuild it 16 to 20 studs wider... not sure if I've got enough parts but we shall see :)