KillerRu

[WIP]My bad try at an MOC

Hi all,

I'm like totally new here... And well not really a good of a builder but being a huge fan of the lego "clunky" Spachips... I'd really love to create some of my own to fill up the empty spaces in my displays :D

Well anyway here is my very first try at something it's a total WIP but to get an idea of how awefull I am xD

(Put in Bluerender to get the real picture):

zxjn12.png

2emkin5.png

And here's my first update... Needs a lot more details... But the clunky part is getting along quite well:

2r2su9u.png

Anyway I'd love some feedback, positive or negative... And tips are always welcome too :D

Edited by KillerRu

You've definitely got the aesthetic of 90s space lego down - this looks like it's of similar era to Space Police II  :)

My only suggestion is that you need to add at least one more colour, as it's a bit monochrome compared to most of the existing space themes.

16 minutes ago, Blip said:

You've definitely got the aesthetic of 90s space lego down - this looks like it's of similar era to Space Police II  :)

My only suggestion is that you need to add at least one more colour, as it's a bit monochrome compared to most of the existing space themes.

Was indeed thinking of the monochrome colours as well... But don't know which color would fit this hard black and neon-green? White like Blacktron?

I don't think it looks as bad as you think =p

It looks pretty good to me, seeing as how you're achieving a certain look.

Continue building mate!

Well thanks :D I love the old classic look and that was what I at least tried to achieve in this one... More to follow :P

Yeah was intended to keep the classic, clunky look... So somehow I indeed succeeded. But lacks a bit of details like most builders have :p

It does remind me of 90's Blacktron in it most basic form. I think you should build upon this, try and refine it more.
Add a couple of figs, maybe incorporate some action it can do, or even something like a detachable miniship/rover/robot.

Edited by -zenn

Thanks for the tip! It can indeed maybe use some more "playability" since it lacks on this build atm. I'm thinking to redo the back a bit to add a detachable sattelite or so that can unfold. But need to work on the design first. I'll keep it updated!

The only thing I lack is the eye for little details. I can do rough ships etc. But detailing isn't my thing "yet".

Oh and the little ship can be parked at the back section of the bigger ship (Detachable).

My%20spaceship%20Without%20Parts3.lxf.pn

Here's how it looks like with the "drone" inserted at the back section:
My%20spaceship%20Without%20Parts4.lxf.pn

Edited by KillerRu