Hi guys,

this is my first Lego Technic MOC so far. It's a truggy inspired by a real RC model, HPI Trophy Truggy Flux. I wanted to create a model that resembled as much as possibile a real RC truggy.

31622031884_9ab4ab20f7_c.jpg

31622024964_4b1fdf2ccf_c.jpg

31653740033_c023cd95d1_c.jpg

32087352240_3360dd3fa1_c.jpg

32087357760_b9a93da622_c.jpg

32425364606_a1c258d016_c.jpg

The model is 100% Lego and it's 39 cm long and 25.5 cm wide. Its weight is 1.230 kg. It's powered by 2 RC Motors and a RC Unit, and it also features 4 independent suspended axles.

The chassis is flat and the arms are parallel to the ground.

The front steered axle comes with several mods from Sariel's great Trophy Truck. Unlike Sariel's model, however, the real axle insn't dragged but the arms are fully independent. The rear towers that support shock absorbers are wider than the front ones. Note that rear shock absorbers are mounted differently than the front ones because of the different design of the axles (the front ones have limitations due to the use of the part #15459 - Light Bluish Gray Technic, Steering Arm 5 x 1 with Towball Socket Rounded, Chamfered)

I choosed to use the outer output of the RC motors, that in theory should give less speed but more torque on offroad tracks.

The hubs mount 56mm D. x 34mm 3 pin holes wheels, so both 94.8 x 44 R Balloon Crawler's and 94.3 x 38 R Unimog's tyres fit the model perfectly.

32313969682_0c55f85659_c.jpg

The chassis is completed by two oversized bumpers and a sturdy deck wing.

As in a real RC model, the bodyshell can be completely removed from the chassis (in a Lego RC truggy this feature has no real meaning, because there are no electronics to have access to, but I always found this feature cool, so I kept it! :laugh:)

32313960662_6df33c3d20_c.jpg

For the bodysheel I took my inspiration from the new 42065 Tracked Racer. The white-and-red colors scheme is anyway the same of the HPI Trophy Truggy Flux. I choosed to leave the bodyshell rather crude, without adding many details, to make it light and simple as real RC models. This is also useful when driving outside, because it minimizes the risk of losing parts.

I tested the truggy in my aparment and then outside on asphalt, cobblestone, dirt and low grass, and it performed not bad... for being a Lego model, I mean :tongue: The best performance was on harder terrains, like asphalt or cobblestone. On the dirt the motors started to suffer due the lack of torque. The poorest run was on the grass, even if it was dry because of the winter cold. The lack of torque was particularly evident climbing little hills... the motors often stalled. On the straight, the peak speed was decent even if not amazing.

...Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll shoot a video of the truggy to show you its performances! :wink:

Hi everybody and thanks for your appreciation! Glad that you liked the truck.

I really would like to shoot a video of the model... but I'm pretty lazy and it may take a bit... :tongue:

We'll see!

This is an amazing build! Really nice application of the RC parts of which I still think it is to bad are no longer produced (or anything similar for all that matters)

The looks are amazing and really looking forward to a full action video!!!

I just had to bump this :sweet:, it needs to be seen again!

Great MOC, it looks exactly like a RC truggy! Nice work with the body too, the dual colours look great!

Wow, I really like the design! Any chances for that video after these months? :wink:

Wow! That truggy looks so fun to drive! I really want to build this! Unfortunately, I do not have any available parts: building as many creations as I can for BBTB!

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

It's probably because it's an American event that I didn't know, but now I do... :laugh:

Yeah, I am on the complete other direction so I didn't know that either.

Awesome truggy!

I need buggy motors!

Edited by Aventador2004

Hi guys! After sooooo many months I decided to disassemble the truggy. I took some pictures to create the building instructions... unfortunately I did it with my smartphone, so some of them are blurry. Anyway they shoud be useful if someone wants to replicate the model with his own parts. Enjoy! :sweet:

Flickr album

Edited by Like a Rolling Brick