Sign in to follow this  
corsair

Divers

indexed.gif V-W-1B

I think the sub-theme of Divers has been relatively overlooked. It is one of my favorite themes and I have constantly built ships for them. So here is my latest Research Vessel. It has three decks, in the hull is storage and a lab, on the next level is a cooking, eating, and sleeping cabin, on top of that is a bridge. Behind the bridge is the boat deck with a heavy lift crane.

reseach_ship.jpg

Full Shot of the Research Vessel

aft_deck.jpg

Aft Deck with secondary crane and submersible

cabin1.jpg

Inside the living quarters

lab.jpg

The Lab in the hull

Here is the brickshelf folder

Research Vessel

Please give me feedback on the overall creation, both positive and negative

That's really slick Corsair. Nice job. I like the size of the ship, esp. considering Divers always had the subs carried by small fishing boats. This actually looks realistic. Great detail. I like the steering room.

What set is the hull from?

Wowwy-zowwy! This is just beautiful. It actually reminds me very much of something Sinner might build. Where did that hull come from, btw? The lab and sleeping quarters are a very cool touch. I think the cabin itself is a little plain. It could use some more detail. Aren't cabins on ships like this usually a little more open? Maybe add some portholes. I really like this. it just has a nostalgic classic build feel to it. Thanks for sharing. *sweet*

The hull is the big floating hull that is found on the fireboat set, it was also used on the cargo ship in the Nautica theme. It has been the basis of so many ships that I have built, it is by far one of my favorite pieces. *sweet*

Your ship is even better than the biggest ship in the original Divers line (set 6560). Great details in the living quarters and lab too. Your set reminds me of the new coast guard ship, which I think would be better as a diving ship than a rescue ship. Any plans to use the hull from the new town harbor? That hull is huge, but I could see a few disadvantages to it, like the large depressed center portion.

That's a very good MOC indeed, it inspires me onwards in my efforts to build a decent fleet of vessels. The Divers theme must have completely escaped my notice, I guess in the time I was 'away' from Lego. I particularly like the living quarters.

Until a grey hull is produced though, my warship will have to wait.

Well done.

Great ship!

I can see which sets you used to make them (of the Divers theme that is), I just bought the set with the large crane and am so happy with it...

I like the use of that big hull which is from this fire ship if I'm not mistaken. It sure has a lot of storing space, fitting entire boats!

The only thing that I myself would have changed is the size of the chimney, I would have made that a lot bigger and perhaps with some sort of round shape.

Nice work! *y*