Sign in to follow this  
Captain K.

HMS Leopard

The only thing what still could use a little work is the front now, after that it will belong to the beauties!

yes, you are right there!

I have revised the bow once again.

0025_G.jpg

0024_G.jpg

0022_G.jpg

what do you say to it?

Capt. K.

Awesome Captain K, Awesome!! Looks much better now.

thanks, Mr Tiber.

Damn, this will be a mighty challenge for the HMS Unclaimable. Oh wait.. you didn't hear that!

No, I have not heard. But we really do not want to destroy our new ships just again!

Or?

I already have another ship in the dockyard.

The frigate "HMS Shannon".

How many mid pieces did you use for this vessel sir?

Eight mid pieces.

Man, that's big. If this excelent vessel is your flagship, then your fleet must be incredible.

That is one very fine ship. it makes me want to jump onto bricklink and spend a fortune and veinly copy your basic design... coping after all is the finest form of flatery...

A fine ship built, one on the way, another smaller but just as impresive ship, your fleet will be one to behold forsure. I feel very sorry for any bsb that chances to pass this beauty.

Awesome looking ship captain K! Also looks very dangerous.

The ship looks great captain K! *y*

HAve you made any changes since last time? I can't notice any, so please let us know if you did. ;-)

I believe he added more guns.. Does your ship support the British Royal Navy Captain K? I sure hope so... 8-|

Hello,

I had only carried out a couple of small changes at the ship.

The ship has 60 cannons now.

And I had changed something at the front. But I think I had about it informed here before.

Yes, the ship is British.

That is a nice ship! Having eight center-sections leads me to believe you are really maxing out those prefab hulls. I like the color scheme save for the blue gun ports. I like the shape of the bow, but why does the ship gradually get taller toward the back? You have a very nice captain’s quarters. I like the gangway and how it fits a rowboat, and all the windows in the stern.

Duke

So the 'Horrible Old Leopard' sails again.

Did you base this on the original Royal Navy 50 gun class? It looks similar to the diagrams I have seen of them.

Of course, if it is based on the originals and if you want to remain historically accurate you will now have to remove the upper gun deck and relegate it to transport duties. :-D

Hmmmm, I feel a strange need to raid my loft and retrieve all my Patrick O'Brian books from storage.

Thanks for blogging this Rom - I'll be sure to return the favour when Classic-Pirates.com returns.

So the 'Horrible Old Leopard' sails again.

Did you base this on the original Royal Navy 50 gun class? It looks similar to the diagrams I have seen of them.

Of course, if it is based on the originals and if you want to remain historically accurate you will now have to remove the upper gun deck and relegate it to transport duties. laugh_new.gif

Hmmmm, I feel a strange need to raid my loft and retrieve all my Patrick O'Brian books from storage.

Yes, I also read the books from Patrick O, Brian. I like its books very much!

However, my ship is not a copy of the original ship "HMS Leopard".

But it is based on it and I also have taken the name.

Capt. K.

The ship is no more in the ship-index. Perhaps this can be changed. Thanks!

Usually, I don't like at all the big vessels but with yours I must make an exception. *wub*

Bravo! >:-)

...but why does the ship gradually get taller toward the back?

Having a look at a great site called The Ships of Jack Aubrey shows clearly that the stern on these larger ships are usually taller than the bow.

ie:

WLeopard.jpg

To be fair, the LEGO version is perhaps a little too tall but as the man said, he's not making a scale model of the actual ship. :pir-classic:

Hello,

I have at the HMS Leopard, the deck revised something once again.

It looked that way before:

0017_G.jpg

And now so:

1010.jpg

I find it is looking better now.

Here still the link to the new pictures:

Brickshelf

Capt. K.

How did I miss a so wonderful ship ! so big, so heavily armed ^^ I love your figurehead !!

Well most of the bases have been covered, so I only have a couple questions. I am a big fan of small details.

The man wearing the top hat, is he supposed to be your "sailing master", or in modern terms "chief of the boat"?

If so, having him wear the top hat was a VERY detailed choice and very correct!

I applaud such small consdierations!

In general, I am very impressed, I think this should would make an AMAZING battle scene against maybe six or seven smaller ships? Kinda like a lego pirate version of the attack on the death star?

Well, for now, I will go back to my evil secret lair and think of new evil way to be a bad guy!

Thanks to this ship I came to EB when I saw it on Google, I never commented on it till now. :pir-blush:

Great ship you've got there, with a nice shape and coloursheme. The rigging looks great as well.

I see there are a lot of details on deck along with custom cannons, which I really like.

The stern could do with some more yellow, since it's almost completely black now, but the shape of it is nice.

Great job and I'm eager to see more ships from you in the future! :thumbup: