Sign in to follow this  
Navy Trooper Fenson

[LDD][MOC] several Star Wars MOCs and LDD files Jedi Starfighter, Droideka, X-Wing, Snowspeeder, TIE Advanced X1

Calling this collection of LDD files MOCs is stretching it a bit since many of the creations included in this post are reworked official sets or reverse-engineered MOCs of other people, whose Originals I sadly can't link to here because of my laziness but nearly everything got reworked by to use less rare parts and more parts I have too many of (like 1x1 round plates in transparent red, thanks to those damn studshooters in battlepacks) but this introduction is already 3 lines long and I wanted to make this short actually so I will just stop adding more words to this block of text that nobody really needs to read since LDDs are so wonderfully self-explanatory.

http://bricksafe.com/pages/NavyFenson/star-wars

The above link contains my Star Wars LDD files in a gallery with small pictures, unless that site goes out of business I hope that the files can be stored there for eons to come. By virtue of these models being of lesser standard than most MOCs I am going to give them only small descriptions in the run-down.

Droideka.lxf

A model from a rejected ideas project. My favorite way to make Destroyer Droids though I would wish there was a way to simulate the third eyestalk without making the head look too out of proportion. This is my version which is missing some detail / armor bits in favor of making the model less fiddly and easier to transform into ball. Of course the minifigure torso is there to show tht you need two dark grey hand pieces to make two of the Droidekas eyes.

Droideka Armored.lxf

This is the same Droideka as the first but with armor pieces, originally part of the ideas project where I found the design.

Droideka Alternate Arms.lxf

This Droideka uses the very common handlebar piece to lessen the fiddle-ity of the first versions arms. if a ball position can come out of this and how much more stable it is is unknown to me as I never tested the model in real life.

Jedi Starfighter AOTC.lxf

Found in a thread on this very forum I was pleased with the design but had to realize that I didn't have 3x6 wedge plates in dark red, only the wedge plates of the original 2002 JSF with that weird Classic Space one stud cutout at an edge, which made me rather rework this model for two hours than order the missing parts for two-fiddy. Of course I was able to waste my time with even more details but because I am unsure what was my idea and what part of the original I rather let you discover it on your own.

Slave One blue Jango.lxf

A simple recoloring of the 2011 released Slave One. With the announcement of the UCS Slave One I bargained at first that I wouldn't need the UCS version because I had the 2011 set but after a couple of hours I came to realize how much a bad model the 2011 Slave One was. I still dislike the design but I could never justify owning two UCS Slave Ones to represent Jangos and Bobas ships so Jango will have to make do with this tiny thing that I hope to add some real interior to at a later date.

Dwarf Spider.lxf

Fascinated by the backstory of the Commerce Guild using these tiny buggers to execute non-paying Miners I just had to get a trio of them. Lego kind of sold me on the AT-TE laser ball for a body technique but mostly only because 4x4 domes are too big, and every other ball technique too small. A correct colorscheme fitting the Geonosis and Kashyyyk colorschemes was my main reason to make this LDD.

AT-RT.lxf

Enhanced from the 2009 Clone Turbo Tank set and a bit old, kind of in need of an update I still like this tiny walker for  the connection of the antennas alone.

Speederbike grau Adi Gallia.lxf

I wish the Tricycle Bikes Body would exist in light grey because right now this speeder looks nothing like it does in the movie.

X-Wing Brickshelf original.lxf

Everyone probably saw Inherts X-wing Brickshelf gallery with the rather complicated photo-instructions. Now you can try to build it with LDD and its horrible way to generate instructions. At least this gives a nice parts list though I gave up on trying to use Inherts design since those click-hinge wing parts used on the front areall but sold out in white on Brickshelf and only exist in pearld ark grey for the grey variant.

TIE Advanced X1.lxf

A modded version of the current Lego set which was rather stubby thanks to Lego designers incorporating cartoon stylization in their models.

Snowspeeder Orange.lxf

Based on the instructions of that very popular version on Flickr and changed to incorporate some more parts that I have in bigger quantities.

Snowspeeder Luke.lxf

Same as the above with Red Leader markings.

Speederbike brown.lxf

My slightly changed variant of the countless Lego set speeder bikes so I can have a uniform squad of them.

Speederbike white.lxf

Based on the above bike with Hoth camouflage and a Snowtrooper heat backpack.

Thrawn Thron.lxf

To go back in a time where Palpatine was Palpa-Tine and Coruscant was Chorus-Can't. Based on a Flickr MOC I fiddled around with different way to make the actual seat, I think my favorite version is the middle one which incorporates a Lego seat piece but sadly has a hole in its back.

First Order Snowspeeder.lxf

Based on a MOC I found here I searched far and wide for an LDD file because it wasn't included in the original post. When I found it I changed out some parts to incorporate some more common pieces.

Edited by Navy Trooper Fenson

Hey Fenson,

Only saw your topic just now, and was wondering if you have a place with LDD screenshots of the mocs? I'd like to see if they are interesting before downloading them :sweet:

Thanks for sharing anyways!

On 31.1.2017 at 0:18 AM, TWP said:

Hey Fenson,

Only saw your topic just now, and was wondering if you have a place with LDD screenshots of the mocs? I'd like to see if they are interesting before downloading them :sweet:

Thanks for sharing anyways!

The Gallery at Bricksafe has a picture for each one but I would rather make detailed pictures when I come around building them IRL.

On 1/22/2017 at 7:53 PM, Navy Trooper Fenson said:

Undicur-Class Emergency Speederbike.lxf

Two versions for Sabine and the Mortis arc, I like how this version can be made tinier but sadly due to Lego figures anatomy it will never be as boxy as in The Clone Wars.

Dear @Navy Trooper Fenson , thank you very much for sharing these MOC and per this Undicur-Class Emergency Speederbike, I was looking for such good design for quite a while, and it seems will also be applied in coming TCW SAVED season soon.