LegoSjaak

Lego 10255 XXL Assembly Square MOD

After getting my third set i went on with the XXL version of the Assembly Square.. so far i ended up with this! The turret building is looking pretty good to me now!

32289956772_7722d635ce_o.jpg 

32289967792_c764e1cec3_b.jpg

1 hour ago, Kjellevirus said:

Wow! My mind can't handle this! :wub: How are you doing with the inside? 

I combined som things and 90% of the rooms already have an interior.... it will take some time to get that better!

32443345375_a369a57a4f_z.jpg31599994094_8d9b572abf_z.jpg

Edited by LegoSjaak

4 minutes ago, monkles said:

What will you do with the two florists?

I will kill one of them, and have the other one take care of both shops...:laugh:

2 minutes ago, LegoSjaak said:

I will kill one of them, and have the other one take care of both shops...:laugh:

I just realized you have three of them.

Are you planning on building a single large "florist" standalone modular?

This is looking really good. Love the triple front window bakery and the 3 turrets. 

Wonder how it would look with 2 florist buildings in the middle instead of one.

12 minutes ago, scottwb2010 said:

This is looking really good. Love the triple front window bakery and the 3 turrets. 

Wonder how it would look with 2 florist buildings in the middle instead of one.

Thanks!  About the double florist in the middle, i already got beyond the point of no return....and i decided to keep one florist as a stand alone 16 wide building... perhaps near the right florist on the picture......I wanted to keep the cafe and musicshop together as one large building, and i kept the dentist/bakery/turret-buiding also as one large building.....Getting the third turret in the middle of the building was the hardest thing... especially around the base floor it was almost a puzzle to get it look right!

I wonder what you will do with the Lego AFOL appertment! You can make a micro layout of your layout in her appartement? :wink:

Edited by Kjellevirus

That's quite a MOD. Looks impressive.

However there are two things that do not really work for me: First the ground floor of the bakery looks too repetitive with the three windows. I would try to add some variety here if possible. Moreover the two mirrored florist buildings. This is something you would most likely never see in real life. But since we're talking about LEGO I think it's ok. ;-)

32 minutes ago, quark12000 said:

That's not Assembly Square, that's Assembly Block!

And 3 sets?!  What are you, a doctor or something? ;)

Oh no, i just have a very  moderate office job...nothing special...but point is that i do not spend much money on other thing than my family. This year i could chose between Lego or go skiing for a week.. well...you know what i chose for... On the other hand.. this all keeps it's value..so you'd better spend it on Lego than a car or whatever...!

Close up from the music shop!  31644172193_cf15b2d7b1_z.jpg

Some more close-ups: 32343188141_a2bd681f2c_z.jpg31653047193_bd39252cb9_z.jpg

On ‎21‎-‎1‎-‎2017 at 8:44 PM, Kjellevirus said:

I wonder what you will do with the Lego AFOL appertment! You can make a micro layout of your layout in her appartement? :wink:

That would be a funny idea.....!!

18 hours ago, peedeejay said:

That's quite a MOD. Looks impressive.

However there are two things that do not really work for me: First the ground floor of the bakery looks too repetitive with the three windows. I would try to add some variety here if possible. Moreover the two mirrored florist buildings. This is something you would most likely never see in real life. But since we're talking about LEGO I think it's ok. ;-)

I see what you mean with the repetitiveness of the three bakery-windows.. tried to 'glue' the window-roofs together, so it looks more lik one unit.. together with a few minifigs and maybe an other detail, it should look better...I posted a picture of it here above.. maybe this looks better in your opinion!! About the florist buildings... there are more of those situations in my layout, and it is just something i can deal with.. but again, i see what you mean!!

9 hours ago, Chilis said:

Awesome @LegoSjaak, well done! Not suprised what you came up with here :)

Thanks Chilis! It is indeed not surprising, but it was sometimes hard to decide what to do with the buildings.. i also do not want to have too much parts left.. so i will incorporate a lot of the parts in one of the buildings..  The facade however is too nice to change... I think the third turret wasn't a bad idea....it wasn't easy as well, and i think it does look good!

Wow, this is amazing...and well worth the wait. The bakery looks fantastic with the turret in the middle. The coffee shop looks awesome as well as a full 32....scratch that, its much larger. 64. 

Edited by Vindicare

I agree that the bottom level of the bakery looks a little off with the repeating sets of three windows.  Maybe if it was one large window instead of three smaller ones?  Also, I would leave one pretzel in the middle and take down the other two and use as part of the food offerings inside.  With that said, it really is impressive in the larger size.  The three turret concept works well, and the coffee shop building looks excellent as an enlargement.  We will have to settle for one AS here, but that is OK.  One is certainly better than none!  Ours sits in a bookcase, and the top two bricks of the turret had to be removed in order to place it in the shelf.  

I absolutely LOVE it..my mind is completely blown to bits and pieces. I had done the same with the Parisan Cafe reversing the two halves but I didn't go as far as you did in combining the interior. Seeing all these pictures really has given me some inspiration and ideas. I hope to one day follow your example! Thank you for sharing these pictures and well done in taking on this project! 

Super job! I'm working on an XL version of AS and your work/pictures have been frequently referenced for ideas and possibilities. Thanks!  I'm going to expand it to 32x64, a 16 stud increase over the original and a story or 2 taller. As pictured below, the increase of 6 studs on the blue building worked out very well. I've now got 10 studs left to "use" in the expansion of the other two buildings. A logical expansion of the dentist/baker would be multiples of 4 to encompass a row of windows and 2 stud wall. I'll probably go for a 4 stud expansion. That leave 6 studs of the florist shop. That works pretty good for one wall section with the arched window but you run into trouble once you get to the roof section that uses the 7-wide digger bucket. I could make the florist shop addition 7 studs longer and make the passageway between the buildings only three studs wide.  One solution could be to get rid of the buckets and copy the Parisian Cafe roof method. I think this is the method I will try. Any shots of the back of the building? I was wondering how you handled the outside stairways up the back. I was thinking about enclosing those stairs in some way.

32334313412_c3957e6bfc_z.jpgAS blue building street view 2 by Scott Roys, on Flickr  

Edited by ecmo47

Oh Wow. That's actually better looking than I thought it would be.

I love the expanded bakery. I don't mind the triple windows. It now looks more like a department than a bakery, but I actually like that a lot. A bit of competion for GE.

Very nice, they look like big buildings as opposed to just a smaller building repeated several times. I also like the small florist between the larger ones. I do think it would look better if you made the middle florist taller as opposed to just repeating it on the other side; maybe increase the space between the sides.

Edited by gotoAndLego