My first model of 2017, I have had the idea for this build for sometime, and finally found time to do it. The building is modeled after Bits and Pieces, the general store in Solitude from the game Skyrim. I used the same stonework design as I did in my Nordheim Farmhouse creation, though this time in dark bley. A tutorial for that technique is available. The rather complex layout of the building offered some challenges to recreate in LEGO, but I’m quite pleased with the finished result. It lifts off the base and hinges open to reveal the full interior.

Previous story installments: 1st, 2nd, 3rd.

Sigurd’s General Goods is the largest general store in Daydelon. It not only provides supplies, but is also a common meeting place for the people of the city. Today Glorfindel is met there by a Mitgardian courier.

32284545146_9da69c4e01_z.jpg
It had been two months since Glorfindel's distasteful run in with Lord Tuinis, and in that time Glorfindel had made several other more successful trips to lords and jarls in the area. He also made the journey to Valholl for a council of Parliament, and now was checking in at Daydelon before heading back to the border.

"Greetings Sir, I bring word of the council's decision..."

shop2.jpg

R-flat.jpg

Back.jpg

Bleft-low.jpg

Open.jpg

Bedroom.jpg

Chair.jpg

counter.jpg

Shop.jpg

I tried my hand at a few photo edits with this build as well:

Success.jpg

su2.jpg

As usual, there are plenty more pictures on our website.

Did not make my goal of completing Age of Mitgardia last year, but now I'm only 3 mill builds away, so the end is near :laugh:
C&C appreciated :classic:.

Edited by soccerkid6

Astounding work here, Isaac :wub_drool::wub_drool: There are so many little great details, both inside and out. To start with, the overall layout is just perfect, with all the different levels of stonework, tudor sections, and roofs.
The cobblestone design really works well here, and I think the olive green was a good choice of color for the grass :thumbup: The interior is brilliant as well, with all the various goods packed into the first story, and the fantastic furniture designs on the upper levels. That red and tan bed especially stood out to me :wub:

Edited by LittleJohn

This is one of my favorite builds from you ever SK, fantastic layout and colors, the roofs at varying angles and heights look amazing and the stonework is just epic!  The interior is excellent also, and the tudor section is lovely!  Using the silver in with the stone texture looks really good and the way you did the angle with the poles for the sign out front was ingenious! :thumbup: 

Excellent work, SK! I particularly enjoy the contrast between the dark grey, and very bumpy, walls of the building and the comparatively bright orange and tan, and quite smooth, roof. The timbered sections tie in perfectly and make for a very complete-looking building. The cobblestones and grass complete it all nicely. My only complaint is that, compared to the meticulously designed and arranged exterior, the interior shop section seems too disordered and has too many colors in it, particularly for a northern town. That is purely my opinion, though, and it is well done as a general store. It might be the bright blue teapot that does it for me. I love the armchair on the second floor, though. Again, a spectacular building!

Excellent MOC !

What else to say !

Just everything is greatly done ! From the stone work to the amazing roofs and to the furnitures inside ! I particularly like the beds you've made ! Again, an excellent job !

Wow... the texturing of the stone walls and the roof are simply amazing...

And the fully decorated interior definitely takes the cake

I do not have much new to say, but this build is completely amazing, SK!

That roof is stunning!  The stonework and half-timber are great as well.  The landscaping and path are neatly done.  All of the details in the full interior and the dollhouse hinge feature are really nice!

The different backgrounds really add to the view, though I would still like to see a complete background made of LEGO pieces! :wink:

Wow this incredible! The build in its entirety is stunning it left me speechless. Everything from the stonework to the interior is very intricately designed and detailed. Not to mention it looks like it was taken straight out of Skyrim and legofied. All around amazing work. 

Amazing job SK! This build must be one of my favourites! (I won't start about Nordheim Keep :wink:). The colourscheme is amazing: the colours of the roof combine very well with the dbley, and the olive green at the sides contrasts nicely. The tudor-sections are also really cool, I especially admire the triangular parts underneath the roof! Overall, just stunning :wub: 

:wub_drool: Just brilliant color-scheme and layout here, SK, the roof, Tudor, and stone-work are all superb, and tie in together perfectly as well!  Excellent job with the activity and landscape surrounding it - the sign and cart are a couple of really neat details - and the addition of an interior is always a plus! :thumbup: :laugh:  Definitely something a little different from your normal, and definitely one of my favorite of your builds ever too! :wub:

Those edits are really quite nice as well!

This is great, the first impression when you see the picture are colors of the roof that strikes me.

I always admire builders who try different colors in their builds than the usually colors as for example black or red for the roof.

When i look better to the pictures of this beautiful build than i see that everything is perfectly done, i see great stonework, nice furniture and the model of the house is very impressive.:wub:

10 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Wow. Awesome! Love the stonewalls, very cool texture. Amazing!

Thanks Alfadas!

10 hours ago, LittleJohn said:

Astounding work here, Isaac :wub_drool::wub_drool: There are so many little great details, both inside and out. To start with, the overall layout is just perfect, with all the different levels of stonework, tudor sections, and roofs.
The cobblestone design really works well here, and I think the olive green was a good choice of color for the grass :thumbup: The interior is brilliant as well, with all the various goods packed into the first story, and the fantastic furniture designs on the upper levels. That red and tan bed especially stood out to me :wub:

Thank you, LittleJohn :classic: I was quite pleased with how that bed in particular turned out.

9 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is one of my favorite builds from you ever SK, fantastic layout and colors, the roofs at varying angles and heights look amazing and the stonework is just epic!  The interior is excellent also, and the tudor section is lovely!  Using the silver in with the stone texture looks really good and the way you did the angle with the poles for the sign out front was ingenious! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai :sweet: I'm glad you like the use of the silver round plates in the stonework.

9 hours ago, Henjin_Quilones said:

Excellent work, SK! I particularly enjoy the contrast between the dark grey, and very bumpy, walls of the building and the comparatively bright orange and tan, and quite smooth, roof. The timbered sections tie in perfectly and make for a very complete-looking building. The cobblestones and grass complete it all nicely. My only complaint is that, compared to the meticulously designed and arranged exterior, the interior shop section seems too disordered and has too many colors in it, particularly for a northern town. That is purely my opinion, though, and it is well done as a general store. It might be the bright blue teapot that does it for me. I love the armchair on the second floor, though. Again, a spectacular building!

Thanks Henjin! The blue teapot might be a bit out of place, though I was trying for the crowded/cluttered look of a store that offers just about everything.

9 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Excellent MOC !

What else to say !

Just everything is greatly done ! From the stone work to the amazing roofs and to the furnitures inside ! I particularly like the beds you've made ! Again, an excellent job !

Thank you :classic:

8 hours ago, Tilenull said:

Wow... the texturing of the stone walls and the roof are simply amazing...

And the fully decorated interior definitely takes the cake

Thanks!

8 hours ago, Slegengr said:

I do not have much new to say, but this build is completely amazing, SK!

That roof is stunning!  The stonework and half-timber are great as well.  The landscaping and path are neatly done.  All of the details in the full interior and the dollhouse hinge feature are really nice!

The different backgrounds really add to the view, though I would still like to see a complete background made of LEGO pieces! :wink:

Thanks Slegengr! It's great to hear that you enjoyed the edits, as they took me a bit of work :laugh: Though of course, full LEGO backdrops would by much more impressive, maybe one day!

6 hours ago, Merc4Hire said:

Wow this incredible! The build in its entirety is stunning it left me speechless. Everything from the stonework to the interior is very intricately designed and detailed. Not to mention it looks like it was taken straight out of Skyrim and legofied. All around amazing work. 

Thank you, very good to hear you can see the Skyrim influence :sweet:

6 hours ago, TitusV said:

Amazing job SK! This build must be one of my favourites! (I won't start about Nordheim Keep :wink:). The colourscheme is amazing: the colours of the roof combine very well with the dbley, and the olive green at the sides contrasts nicely. The tudor-sections are also really cool, I especially admire the triangular parts underneath the roof! Overall, just stunning :wub: 

Thanks Titus!

3 hours ago, Garmadon said:

:wub_drool: Just brilliant color-scheme and layout here, SK, the roof, Tudor, and stone-work are all superb, and tie in together perfectly as well!  Excellent job with the activity and landscape surrounding it - the sign and cart are a couple of really neat details - and the addition of an interior is always a plus! :thumbup: :laugh:  Definitely something a little different from your normal, and definitely one of my favorite of your builds ever too! :wub:

Those edits are really quite nice as well!

Thank you Garmadon, I'm glad you enjoyed the edits!

2 hours ago, mrcp6d said:

Ah, Skyrim.  Love this SK, beautifully rendered with LEGO bricks. :thumbup:

Thanks Mike!

2 hours ago, don leopold said:

This is great, the first impression when you see the picture are colors of the roof that strikes me.

I always admire builders who try different colors in their builds than the usually colors as for example black or red for the roof.

When i look better to the pictures of this beautiful build than i see that everything is perfectly done, i see great stonework, nice furniture and the model of the house is very impressive.:wub:

Thank you, it is fun trying to utilize different colors.

This is beautiful.  I would not have thought of using orange as a roof tile, but it looks great!  As always, your interiors are super; the thought and detail that went into them are outstanding.  The colors on the walls, the tan and dark tan, are also great.  One of the things I really like is that you're not afraid to leave studs facing out on SNOT walls.  You really make it work well in your models.  Fantastic job!

This is my new favorite from you. The color scheme goes so well together, and as usual, your interiors are second to none.

Another great Moc from you soccerkid!
I haven't played the game but as i seen in a photo of it, your creation is very accurate to the original store!
Great colours and rock techniques on the walls as usual! Excellent Job! :sweet: