3 hours ago, Forresto said:

Sir Patrick Stewart is voicing the poo emoji...the fact this movie facilitated my ever writing such a statement precipitates my absolute disdain for this film. 

Lol ya I thought I'd never write that either... But here we are... 

You know people don't believe me when I say that there is going to be an emoji movie. And when I say there's even a trailer and actors like Patrick Stewart cast in it they still don't :grin: I guess me saying that Patrick Stewart is playing the Poop emoji doesn't help prove its validity. 

1 hour ago, Ashnflash said:

I guess me saying that Patrick Stewart is playing the Poop emoji doesn't help prove its validity. 

Which probably means it doesn't prove its success.

Look at PIXELS (the movie). The "parents will bring kids to see anything to do with emojis" argument would very well be a "parents will bring kids to see anything to do with video games", yet it still didn't do well. Which is why I think this movie will flop.

I don't know how valid this rumor is, but word was that they cancelled Popeye (being handled by Geeny Tartakovsky) and Medua (handled by Lauren Faust) to focus production for this movie.

Then again knowing Sony's track record with Ghostbusters and Smurfs...I would not be entirely surprised.

3 hours ago, Noctina Noir said:

I don't know how valid this rumor is, but word was that they cancelled Popeye (being handled by Geeny Tartakovsky) and Medua (handled by Lauren Faust) to focus production for this movie.

Then again knowing Sony's track record with Ghostbusters and Smurfs...I would not be entirely surprised.

I think that's common knowledge now. They're really screwing themselves here. 

They canceled a Tartovosky movie for this? Wow then if the Emoji movie fails they only have themselves to blame. Sadly im begining to think this movie may actually do well and at least make the budget back.

Blargh...here I was sitting excitedly waiting for the Lego Batman movie to start. Previews hit...and this is the first thing to assault my eyeballs...

Can you imagine Patrick Stewart's agent calling to tell him about the role???

"Hey Patrick... Hmmm they want you to play....well.... a piece of crap"

LOL

Edited by Robert8

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 11:45 PM, ChristopherLee said:

I think that's common knowledge now. They're really screwing themselves here. 

I suppose so. To be perfectly honest I have pretty much have low to null interest in this movie hence my only learning of this recently and only because it was a passing remark in the comments section of a Mysterious Mr. Enter video. Besides, let's wait until Barbie...

2 hours ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

That Popeye film looked like a much better idea than the Emoji movie.

It was notorious for being in development hell for years. I have to admit that the animation preview looked really promising. The timing was spot on for the slapstick, and you can tell there was some real effort to ensure that it looked like an old Popeye cartoon, merely done with today's computer animation technology. I'd pay to go see a Popeye flick. The Emoji movie? Even saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

It was notorious for being in development hell for years. I have to admit that the animation preview looked really promising. The timing was spot on for the slapstick, and you can tell there was some real effort to ensure that it looked like an old Popeye cartoon, merely done with today's computer animation technology. I'd pay to go see a Popeye flick. The Emoji movie? Even saying it leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I agree, I think if done well the Popeye movie could have been a huge success. The Emoji Movie is clearly trying to do a LEGO Movie, but for me it doesn't look like it will work. From the first trailer it already looks like a cynical cash grab banking on the success of emojis. Parents and kids will inevitably buy into it but hopefully it will only be a moderate success, if successful at all. 

AHHAHAHA THIS TRAILER KILLED ME! - NOT :damn: Still such a stupid movie.... 

You know what my favourite part is?? - NOTHING because its stupid! 

Emoji's having children? That opens up so many problems because that would mean that they'd have to have other emotions..... 

32 minutes ago, Ashnflash said:

AHHAHAHA THIS TRAILER KILLED ME! - NOT :damn: Still such a stupid movie.... 

You know what my favourite part is?? - NOTHING because its stupid! 

Emoji's having children? That opens up so many problems because that would mean that they'd have to have other emotions..... 

Yeah it looks pretty silly. Your reaction cracked me up though :laugh:

I don't think it looks or feels bad based on the trailer, but I kinda do agree that a movie about emojis seems a bit "ran out of ideas".

1 hour ago, LEGODalekbuster523 said:

This trailer doesn't look as bad as I feared...it looks worse. Why doesn't this forum have a poop emoji?

Here ya go

Spoiler

Poop_Emoji.png?9898922749706957214

On 5/16/2017 at 6:51 PM, Robert8 said:

My god

LOL

Watch this film being nominated to an Academy Award

Let's hope not then they will want to make a sequel.

This still looks like utter garbage, but there is one particular scene in the latest trailer that got me. Miller's character was seen helping the old typed out emojis, and said something about caring for the elderly. That was funny. 

Edited by Vindicare

My 10 year old niece really wants to go see it.  And the poop emoji is the only one I really like (because that's generally how I feel about emojis), so having Patrick Stewart do the voice actually makes me somewhat interested in what I was previously writing off as a really dumb idea.  It's not theater material, I'd feel really stupid spending money on it, but I may have to download it free and watch it at some point.

This is one of those movies that needs to make it into the history books so we never make the same mistake again.

I heard that Patrick only voiced poop because his grandchild wanted him to, though orginally it was designed to be chocolate ice cream which is why its swirly. (has this movie flopped yet?)

I work at a movie theater, and I can definitively say this movie flopped. It never brought in a ton of people, and it's been like 1 family per show since.

The Nutjob 2 did worse though.

1 hour ago, Mesabi said:

I work at a movie theater, and I can definitively say this movie flopped. It never brought in a ton of people, and it's been like 1 family per show since.

The film was apparently made with a cheap budget, more than likely thanks to endorsement deals made by the companies behind Candy Crush, Just Dance, the guy that did the Pen-Apple-Pineapple-Pen song, Twitter, etc. It'll probably make a profit, which should horrify us all.