Bricksnaps

8ft Long Death Star Trench Run.

Here are some pics from one of my latest S.W projects.

This is 8ft long and a labor of love.

I have heavily modded/rebuilt the old x-wing, my Vader's Tie has the front canopy of the most recent one and the wing shape of the old one. I pretty much rebuilt the wings and rear section. The Tie's are just kit, I wanted to build my own or mod them, but after all this building, I frankly could not be bothered.

Its built in 16x32 stud sections so can be transported easily, it is also lightweight and the walls fold down flat-ish. A few more pics are on my Flickr.

I hope you enjoy. May the Force be with you. Cheers

http://31542308573_f022a752e5_k.jpgTrenchRunMHarris-1 by Martin Harris, on Flickr

http://31976512420_e0f4b01970_k.jpgTrenchRunMHarris-2 by Martin Harris, on Flickr

31542312373_ccf041e6c7_k.jpgTrenchRunMHarris-3 by Martin Harris, on Flick

31542307043_4fc55c98df_k.jpgTrenchRunMHarris-9 by Martin Harris, on Flickr

Utter awesomeness! The detailing is amazing, I bet this took ages to build, not surprised you didn't want to design your own ties ahaha. :grin:

*gets up off floor*

Wow! This is amazing! *oh2* I fell off my chair :laugh:

That takes a lot of devotion to make, especially with all that greebling.

31 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Utter awesomeness! The detailing is amazing, I bet this took ages to build, not surprised you didn't want to design your own ties ahaha. :grin:

Thanks. Yeah it took forever, it's not easy for me to focus on things for long periods of time, so this drive me nuts :)

29 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

*gets up off floor*

Wow! This is amazing! *oh2* I fell off my chair :laugh:

That takes a lot of devotion to make, especially with all that greebling.

Thanks, yes I had done it with a lot less greebling and it looked half complete, so I had to finish it up.

29 minutes ago, Brickbashbosh said:

Wow! Just Wow!  Quite simply stunning. *huh*

Cheers :)

My family and I saw this in person this past weekend and it's even more impressive than the pictures show.  Amazing job!

Simply mind-blowing! The sheer size of this is amazing!!! *huh**oh2*

Congratulations, my friend, the Alliance should give a medal!!! How long did it take you to build this?

2 hours ago, LOBOT-OMY said:

Incredible !!!   More pics please, this is simply amazing.  Love the X-wing too.

Thank you. I was pleased with the X-wing. I had seen so many great builds here and didn't want to just copy someone elses, so I used the structure of the kit and just did what I could. 

10 minutes ago, infector said:

Wow! Very impressive!!

How many hours went into this project?

Thank you. I really have no clue, I found a post on instagram where I had just started, that was Feb 17th 2016. It was one I just built as I could when I can across more gray tiles. I hit the home stretch when my lugbulk order came in in December and had a few solid nights working on it.

10 minutes ago, JPN366 said:

My family and I saw this in person this past weekend and it's even more impressive than the pictures show.  Amazing job!

Thanks, hope you had fun at the show, did you display anything? We are so lucky to have such a great event all the way down in Alabama.

4 minutes ago, Chrome Bricks said:

Simply mind-blowing! The sheer size of this is amazing!!! *huh**oh2*

Congratulations, my friend, the Alliance should give a medal!!! How long did it take you to build this?

Cheers mate- time spent, I have no idea quite frankly, it was something I worked in in between other builds last year, kinda like a book I would pick up and then put down for a while, do some honey-do jobs then read a few pages ;)

2 minutes ago, Stillinamerica said:

Thanks, hope you had fun at the show, did you display anything? We are so lucky to have such a great event all the way down in Alabama.

We had a great time!  We took tons of pictures of your stuff.  Missed seeing your amazing Endor display from last year.  We didn't display anything ourselves, but my 7 year old son wants to build something for next year.  He just needs to learn about stability though.  I agree, we are lucky to have the BrickFair here in Alabama.  I wish it was more often.  Seemed to be less sellers this year though.

Wow, just wow. The fact it has an x-wing and is mini figure scale makes it absolutely amazing. The attention to detail is very strong with this one. Excellent work!

Absolutely beutifull.
Makes me want to watch the movie again.

Must look awesome at home on a shelf or whereever you have it displayed ! ? :classic:

This will be a build I will come back to look at for months, if not years to come ! :thumbup:

KlodsBrik

5 hours ago, JPN366 said:

We had a great time!  We took tons of pictures of your stuff.  Missed seeing your amazing Endor display from last year.  We didn't display anything ourselves, but my 7 year old son wants to build something for next year.  He just needs to learn about stability though.  I agree, we are lucky to have the BrickFair here in Alabama.  I wish it was more often.  Seemed to be less sellers this year though.

Yeah that was the age I started with my son. He viewed at 7 and said the same thing. This was our 3rd year. Cheers

It's impressive that you can build something that large with that much detail and not have anything look arbitrary.  Where do you display it??

This looks incredible ! the amount of detail that's into this amazes me, the fact that you also modded/created your own TIE Advanced and a X-Wing also deserves recognition, great job ! :sweet:

1 hour ago, Schneeds said:

It's impressive that you can build something that large with that much detail and not have anything look arbitrary.  Where do you display it??

Cheers. Thanks for recognizing that, I try not to do big just for the sake of it being big and it was hard to achieve that with this build. The front side view I did not detail as much purposeful as I wanted you to be drawn to look inside to the trench for even more detail :) 

it it is currently packed in boxes and working its way to my closet. I am trying to decide if I will take it to any other shows this year. 

This is awesome. Did you look at reference pics for the greebling or just freehand it?

Edited by jhaelego

10 minutes ago, jhaelego said:

This is awesome. Did you look at reference pics for the greebling or just freehand it?

Thanks. Freehand. There were some general shapes I wanted to recreate- I thought a build like this I could get away with my creative design ;)

That is a great looking trench! Love all of the lumps, bumps and protrusions to give it an authentic feel. My only "issue" is that the fighters are way out of scale compared to the trench. I would think that poly bag size would look about right, but I fully understand that the trench is a really just a backdrop for the fighters. Are you going to display anyplace else this year?

34 minutes ago, ecmo47 said:

That is a great looking trench! Love all of the lumps, bumps and protrusions to give it an authentic feel. My only "issue" is that the fighters are way out of scale compared to the trench. I would think that poly bag size would look about right, but I fully understand that the trench is a really just a backdrop for the fighters. Are you going to display anyplace else this year?

No worries! Actually it's built to be snug- I tend to build these big things so that they give off a certain feeling. I wanted people who came and looked at it to have the feel of tightness and to feel like they were experiencing the flight down the trench by themselves. They would not have got that from a midi scale or larger trench. A taller trench would not have made for easy viewing easy (let alone another 20k parts :) )

I debated on the big ship versus little ship quite hard and ending up increasing the length and width to fit the two ties comfortably side by side.

Also I like to think that the fighters are mere decoration for the trench :). I may build some midis scale ships and see how it looks, I built the wings for ties but stopped there. 

Might be attending brickworld Chicago and possibly BFVA: not certain it will make it to either, but if it does it will probably have some growth to it.

cheers!?

Edited by Stillinamerica