6 hours ago, Phantom59 said:

Are these balls http://brickset.com/parts/4545430 the same size as the soccer balls used in CBC

Those larger balls were introduced with the Bionicle theme. They are far more common than the soccer/basket-ball balls, but unfortunately they are not interchangeable.

43 minutes ago, Gonkius said:

The Chinese ebay beads have holes and imho is not very good, they also bounce much easier. 

I bought these marbles that are very similar in most aspects to the LEGO balls. I found these cheap in a Swedish webshop, do not know how to buy in other countries... 

https://www.quercettistore.com/en/toys/marble-run/2530-marbles

7 hours ago, dr_spock said:

You can also use 14mm Chinese beads in many situations. They can be found on eBay - 100 for under $5USD.

Problem I found when looking on the internet for replacements is that they are often got it not right. although webshops say its 14 mm they are bigger, smaller, heavier, holes too big etc. But from PV i know that they are oke and they work with all there modules. the holes are no problem and i prefer the original orange and white color looks.

shipping is also cheaper at their end

From my experience, I got the Quercetti Marbles (which are plastic 14mm). They work very well, no holes to mess with the mechanisms. They were also recommended on Planet GBC.

Search on Amazon for "Quercetti Marbles Refill 100 pieces" to get an idea on pricing.

I did not know PV-Productions makes some as well, that's another good option.

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

Not a *lot* of difference... and for 95% of GBC's they will work fine

There's a few Modules out there that are very particular (some of the Complex Akiyuki ones), but the majority are fine.

I used the beads a lot, before I built up my collection of genuine balls.

I only have around 120 at the moment, and that's more than enough for testing/playing with

Sorry for bumping up this old thread. What is the latest best option for alternative GBC balls ?

A LUG is the best option for original LEGO balls but takes a lot of time and no guarantee they make the list.
LEGO Bricks and Pieces has the orange balls far cheaper than any LEGO speculator on BrickLink. An option if you want to spend more money wanting genuine LEGO balls but as 'cheap' as possible.

Edited by Berthil

Yep, the orange balls are 0,66€ in B&P, which is cheaper than any ball of any seller in Bricklink for quantities more than a couple.

Balls from PV-Productions are less than half of that though, but of course they are not genuine Lego. Should be of high quality though.

Not accounting for delivery costs here, which might or might not be significant, depending on where you live and how many you're ordering.