Sign in to follow this  

On August 8, 2016, I said

Great review, Jim. When my copy comes I may try to make a C-Model buggy. Thanks for the idea.

I've had the set on display for a couple months, but I finally made a C-Model. And it's actually a monster truck. :devil: 

800x539.jpg800x505.jpg

The body is completely my own design. :tongue: 

800x460.jpg

And it uses something I saw in a rock crawler, by the builder "Max Lego." When one turntable turns one way, the other one turns the opposite way. There have to be obstacles of the same size for each axle, or the body tilts.

800x480.jpg

Please tell me what you think, and have a great day.

Edited by Offroadcreat1ons

Thanks everyone!

On 1/15/2017 at 5:11 PM, Lox Lego said:

I love it! The sideways turn table was a nice touch. Which monster truck wins, red or green? :devil:

I think the green one is cooler, but the red one works better. So it's a tie. :wink:

Very nice, very original.  :thumbup:  Completely different from A-model (which is always a plus in Cmodel department). And anyway, C-models are best models. :sweet:

This is a really well done C-model, despite it's assumed simplicity (Monster Truck...rolls, turns...okay), actually there is a lot going on underneath! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Nice 'exaggerated' proportions! These communicating axles - nice feature btw - make the body average between the axles. Actually the whole setup behaves like a differential. This type of communicating suspension is quite common in Mars vehicles, but then sideways. For example the Rocker-Bogie suspension:

locomotionConcept.png

Thanks everyone. When I first saw the turntables on a crawler, I knew I would have to use them, and this turned out to be the perfect place. I'll be making an LDD file soon.