Sign in to follow this  
Murdoch17

Seaplane Adventures - 31064 frame extension MOD

This model was originally set 31064, Seaplane Adventures, a 2017 official Lego set from the CREATOR line. I then extended the rear of the body about 8 studs, and lengthened the tail about 2 studs to be a little further away from the body of the aircraft. The MOD uses about 105 more parts to do this, but it gives in return an extended cargo area with removable roof section. This is in addition to the two hatches already on the stock model.

31517460083_c947dc0681_z.jpg

Here is the main pic of the plane. The only LDD error I got from building this model was this part that keeps the dark blue engine part from rotating. It works in real life, but in LDD it doesn't go all the way on... go figure!

32208440301_de9ded3b40_z.jpg

The rear of the original set has a opening rear hatch for cargo loading, which is a feature I kept in my MOD of the set.

31517460273_74b54ab47c_z.jpg

The other hatch on the set is for accessing the cockpit, while a removable roof panel allows for the cargo area to more open for play-ability.

31485910154_01435fb54e_z.jpg

The MOD uses about 105 more parts than are in set 31064 to complete the upgrade. The parts needed are above, and are grouped separately from the actual parts included in set 30164 in the file. This is so you can but the stock set from LEGO and then buy rest of the parts from Brick-Link, Brick-Owl or whatever site you use to buy parts from.

Here is the ldd file for the modified plane. Remember: if you feel so inclined, any comments, questions, and / or complaints are always welcome!

Edited by Murdoch17