Sign in to follow this  
ZCerberus

LL 330 Grasshopper

32312538045_b31a4a9c62_c.jpg

32312538525_9fa378c326_c.jpg

After gaining air-superiority, OrionBlu began requiring additional support and specialized craft.  The first specialized craft designed was the LL 330 “Grasshopper” often referred to simply as a “Hopper”.  The Hopper’s function is as a landing and support craft used to move personnel and light equipment between planetary systems and within a planet’s atmosphere.  The Hopper is known to be rugged with strong shielding and heavy VTOL engines delivering a very smooth ride.  While the Hopper can take both atmospheric and plasma based weapons punishment, it is not an effective dog-fighting craft having limited maneuverability and minimal forward facing weapons.  The Hopper does carry top and bottom mounted medium plasma turrets to ward off enemy fighters or clear ground-based threats.  Non-military applications often call for a replacement of the Hopper’s top turret with an advanced communications array.  The Hopper also contains two top mounted cargo bays which house tactical drones for ground based operations.

31470642414_6fc534070a_c.jpg

Nice build! Love the use of colors to give that classic vibe going on there. The parts usage is great too and its always nice to see a mini fig friendly ship.

Reminds me of a dropship from Hunger games, but in Classic space color theme.. 
Also got some nice dimensions and great playability it seems.

Love it ! :classic:

KlodsBrik.

I love the hidden features! So much easier to make a nice ship with lots of cool greebles when you don't have to care as much about the interior, but a ship with interior too makes it much harder. The color usage is great with the various large block segments and then the stripes that break things up too. Definitely feels like a classic space set that is thoroughly modernized!

Oh yeah, more NCS awesomeness. Very cool design, somewhat near-futuristic looking too. Nice idea with the support mission of this spacecraft  - I love to see a minifig scale ship dedicated to a task other than direct combat purposes. The VTOL engines look sweet and nice work with all those moveable functions. Would love to see all these recent NCS beauties together in a pic when you're done (if you still have them all together).

1 hour ago, MassEditor said:

Would love to see all these recent NCS beauties together in a pic when you're done (if you still have them all together).

They are... though I think they may need a platform/ base to house them all.

By my count I am up to 7 NCS ships

1. Dragon Hunter

2. Blue Jacket

3. Firemoth

4. Monarch

5. Wasp

6. Hornet

7. Grasshopper

With ideas for 2 more (thanks Batman for two new trans-yellow windscreens!)

Plus 3 ground based vehicles

1. MoonDog

2. Ranger

3. M.C.V.P (posting Feb 1)

With ideas for 2 more.

Sounds like I need a new base thingy to me!

That is a beautiful ship - I love the utilitarian cargo carrying feel it has to it.  Really nice!