The lego fan

Ideas for new Lego themes! (Non-licensed)

1 hour ago, Poodabricks said:

Yeah! Thought I'd give you a follow. You seem like a cool guy to talk to. 

Me before I read this earlier: Probably no one on the internet thinks I’m cool 

My self esteem after I read this earlier: HE IS THE MESSIAH!!!!!!!

author’s note: this is a parody of a famous internet meme based on a scene from Monty Python’s Life of Brian 

Edited by Wolfpackfan99

6 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Okay here’s my idea (feel free to challenge or criticize my idea):

three friends travel across different realms (basically themes) in a flying pirate ship that’s powered by lightning (they have to travel through storm clouds for the ship to perform inter dimensional travel), and also fight off the evil forces of Lord Doom-claw, a power hungry warlord who wants to combine all the realms to create a new dark realm, the three friends meet all sorts of weird and whacky characters in their quest to stop Lord Doom-claw.

I call it: Realm Runners

Poodabricks we meet again haha, anyways yeah I rarely see a house in city, but I assume that if city started doing more houses, they’d probably be the same cookie cutter type of build pattern like they do for every single car (literally I can build one from scratch without any instructions, and it’ll be the same thing as a car from a set), also those creator houses were totally awesome

Hmmm maybe should submit this for ideas, could make the pirate ship and a Lord Doom-claw mini build, gonna get my smiling face on the cover of the Lego ideas box

haha just joking though 

Edited by Wolfpackfan99

three friends travel across different realms (basically themes) in a flying pirate ship that’s powered by lightning (they have to travel through storm clouds for the ship to perform inter dimensional travel), and also fight off the evil forces of Lord Doom-claw, a power hungry warlord who wants to combine all the realms to create a new dark realm, the three friends meet all sorts of weird and whacky characters in their quest to stop Lord Doom-claw.

Honestly, do you guys think I should tell TLG or maybe Nabii about my idea? Professional advice is always welcome by me, I mean it could be a good theme, but I’m just a nerdy forum guy, and the guys at TLG are wise beyond their years, so maybe my idea’s not good, but I’ll never find out if I don’t try.

The place to do that is Lego World Builder hosted by Tongal.  Make a page for your idea on that.  As a general rule, don't send unsolicited ideas to professional creative types.  They reject them out of hand for fear of liability.

10 minutes ago, icm said:

The place to do that is Lego World Builder hosted by Tongal.  Make a page for your idea on that.  As a general rule, don't send unsolicited ideas to professional creative types.  They reject them out of hand for fear of liability.

Why exactly would my idea make them liable?

21 minutes ago, icm said:

It opens them up to accusations of plagiarism.  Put your idea here: https://worldbuilder.tongal.com/

I see. Very interesting indeed, but my idea was more of a full fledged theme, but that does not qualify for this year’s pitchfest, all in all, thanks for your advice.

Then again, ideas is always an option for a set.

My theme idea is…Timequake! You know Time Cruisrs theme (back in 90s) was pretty simple and plain but no historic feature?!

Tim (old character from Time Cruisers) has fratneral twins, Timmy and Tammy, helping the elderly Dr. Cyber with his research that relates to time paradox aka “timequake”. Suddenly, a new villian, Dr. Cyber’s traitor assistant, Dr. Para Dox steals a latest time machine. 

Dr. Dox’s intention is to create alternate timeline that would cause a timequake. He goes to steal some precious objects across time periods.

For example, he and his gang steal King Leo’s crown and hand it over to his enemy and put robots into Middle Age. And he also steals Captian RedBeard’s most valuable treasure and gifts it to his archenemies and unleashes a Mosaurus that would destory any private ships. Dr. Dox goes to Wild West time period to sabotage sheriff’s plan to allow outlaws escape and put evil knights into small towns to aid outlaws. In a feudal Japan, his minions kidnap a samuri to allow an evil samuari, riding T-rex. 

With Dr. Dox’s actions, it will cause a grat timequake in history ever. 

Dr. Cyber is too old to reverse the timeline, it’s up to Timmy and Tammy!

Edited by DBlegonerd7

53 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

My theme idea is…Timequake! You know Time Cruisrs theme (back in 90s) was pretty simple and plain but no historic feature?!

Tim (old character from Time Cruisers) has fratneral twins, Timmy and Tammy, helping the elderly Dr. Cyber with his research that relates to time paradox aka “timequake”. Suddenly, a new villian, Dr. Cyber’s traitor assistant, Dr. Para Dox steals a latest time machine. 

Dr. Dox’s intention is to create alternate timeline that would cause a timequake. He goes to steal some precious objects across time periods.

For example, he and his gang steal King Leo’s crown and hand it over to his enemy and put robots into Middle Age. And he also steals Captian RedBeard’s most valuable treasure and gifts it to his archenemies and unleashes a Mosaurus that would destory any private ships. Dr. Dox goes to Wild West time period to sabotage sheriff’s plan to allow outlaws escape and put evil knights into small towns to aid outlaws. In a feudal Japan, his minions kidnap a samuri to allow an evil samuari, riding T-rex. 

With Dr. Dox’s actions, it will cause a grat timequake in history ever. 

Dr. Cyber is too old to reverse the timeline, it’s up to Timmy and Tammy!

Sounds good. I always like it when there’s the main characters of an old theme, but in the present. I’ve thought about a similar thing for rock raiders, and adventurers. I really like the timequake part, I always stress that plots and characters for new themes should follow time tested literacy plotting techniques (the timequake part is the ticking clock, the thing that the protagonists need to stop). Just a little bit of feedback, why does dr para dox want to create the timequake? What’s his motivation? (greed, revenge, power?).

What kinds of models would you make for timequake? I know that in the original time cruisers theme, Tim and dr cyber usually traveled through time in crazy looking vehicles (flying boats, rocket powered cars, etc). You mentioned king Leo and captain red beard, it would be cool to remake old classics (king Leo’s castle, Black Seas barracuda).

Sounds good. I always like it when there’s the main characters of an old theme, but in the present. I’ve thought about a similar thing for rock raiders, and adventurers. I really like the timequake part, I always stress that plots and characters for new themes should follow time tested literacy plotting techniques (the timequake part is the ticking clock, the thing that the protagonists need to stop). Just a little bit of feedback, why does dr para dox want to create the timequake? What’s his motivation? (greed, revenge, power?).

Ohhh, adventurers is a great idea since it does have 1940s / 50s vibe, just perfect time period. Rock Raider / Classic Space sounds cool for a distant future that Dr. Para Dox could travel to see what the future looks like for himself. 

Yeah, agree wiht you on ticking clock. It may be hard to come up with tech ice to make clock’s hands moving forward or backward. Probably a big set where the lab with a large clock?

Oh yes, thanks for asking me why Dr. Dox wanting to creat a timequake. Dr. Cyber realize how dangerous timequake but Dr. Para Dox wanted to keep the research going further. Dr. Cyber forbad Dr. Dox from his research for history’s sake. This twists Dr. Dox’s mind into a vengeful mastermind and he felt he was overshawoded by Dr. Cyber. 

5 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

What kinds of models would you make for timequake? I know that in the original time cruisers theme, Tim and dr cyber usually traveled through time in crazy looking vehicles (flying boats, rocket powered cars, etc). You mentioned king Leo and captain red beard, it would be cool to remake old classics (king Leo’s castle, Black Seas barracuda).

Oh, I didn’t realize I didn’t mention what kind of time-traveling vehicles, thanks for pointing it out. Timmy and Tammy will have their own motorcycles with time machines attached to the bikes in the back. 

Yes! I love in-house themes, like Castle, Pirates, Classic Space, Adventurers, etc. they are very original and creative TLG came up with. I would like to see TLG to remake some classic sets.

1 minute ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Ohhh, adventurers is a great idea since it does have 1940s / 50s vibe, just perfect time period. Rock Raider / Classic Space sounds cool for a distant future that Dr. Para Dox could travel to see what the future looks like for himself. 

Yeah, agree wiht you on ticking clock. It may be hard to come up with tech ice to make clock’s hands moving forward or backward. Probably a big set where the lab with a large clock?

Oh yes, thanks for asking me why Dr. Dox wanting to creat a timequake. Dr. Cyber realize how dangerous timequake but Dr. Para Dox wanted to keep the research going further. Dr. Cyber forbad Dr. Dox from his research for history’s sake. This twists Dr. Dox’s mind into a vengeful mastermind and he felt he was overshawoded by Dr. Cyber. 

Good backstory, and the rock raiders and adventurers part was good, but that wasn’t what I meant, what I meant was that, like Tim, the new themes would have the kids of the original characters, but what if they do travel to both themes, but it’s the kids they meet, in fact, you could do that with all the time periods, the possibilities are endless! You could have the kids of villains like basil the bat lord, or the brickster, or even Ogel! 

12 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh, I didn’t realize I didn’t mention what kind of time-traveling vehicles, thanks for pointing it out. Timmy and Tammy will have their own motorcycles with time machines attached to the bikes in the back. 

Yes! I love in-house themes, like Castle, Pirates, Classic Space, Adventurers, etc. they are very original and creative TLG came up with. I would like to see TLG to remake some classic sets.

Sorry when I said “ticking clock” I was using literarily jargon for the timequake, it was meant to explain that they need to stop it, but still, it’s a good idea, it’s weird how our misinterpreted messages are actually becoming greater ideas combined!

Also thanks for the Norse mythology idea in the other topic (kinda saved my bacon, I was getting verbally sliced and diced, and thought my theory was going out the window)

12 minutes ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Good backstory, and the rock raiders and adventurers part was good, but that wasn’t what I meant, what I meant was that, like Tim, the new themes would have the kids of the original characters, but what if they do travel to both themes, but it’s the kids they meet, in fact, you could do that with all the time periods, the possibilities are endless! You could have the kids of villains like basil the bat lord, or the brickster, or even Ogel! 

Oh! Now I see what you talked about! My bad. I like your idea!

Yeah, I think in-house theme is more original and I feel like TLG is stumped (in other words, they run out of ideas). There are so many in-house themes that time travelers can visit throughout time periods, such as Vikings, Ninja, Pirate, Castle, Rock Raider/Space, Adventurers, Western, Dinosaur, Atlantis (do we have Atlantis theme?), all of them serv side sets under a main theme. I hope TLG could revisit Time Crusiers and ramek it one day…

5 minutes ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Also thanks for the Norse mythology idea in the other topic (kinda saved my bacon, I was getting verbally sliced and diced, and thought my theory was going out the window)

No problme at all! I saw your post. :) 

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Oh! Now I see what you talked about! My bad. I like your idea!

Yeah, I think in-house theme is more original and I feel like TLG is stumped (in other words, they run out of ideas). There are so many in-house themes that time travelers can visit throughout time periods, such as Vikings, Ninja, Pirate, Castle, Rock Raider/Space, Adventurers, Western, Dinosaur, Atlantis (do we have Atlantis theme?), all of them serv side sets under a main theme. I hope TLG could revisit Time Crusiers and ramek it one day…

No problme at all! I saw your post. :) 

Thanks, yeah we had Atlantis back in 2010 (honestly you need to see the animated short film by TLG, it’s a masterpiece).

Honestly this new theme is literally bursting with so many awesome model ideas, I need a minute to calm myself down! The clock, the vehicles, everything is possible, the sky’s the limit!

19 minutes ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Thanks, yeah we had Atlantis back in 2010 (honestly you need to see the animated short film by TLG, it’s a masterpiece).

Honestly this new theme is literally bursting with so many awesome model ideas, I need a minute to calm myself down! The clock, the vehicles, everything is possible, the sky’s the limit!

Hmmm, I think Atlantis is a fitting theme for Timequake - it is during Greek philosophical period. Yeah i remember watching most of that short film!

Haha, I need a few minutes to calm myself down too. You are right - the sky is sure limit! I love my Timequake idea. 

Come, TLG, just accept my idea, darn it!

16 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmmm, I think Atlantis is a fitting theme for Timequake - it is during Greek philosophical period. Yeah i remember watching most of that short film!

Haha, I need a few minutes to calm myself down too. You are right - the sky is sure limit! I love my Timequake idea. 

Come, TLG, just accept my idea, darn it!

I feel your pain (RIP Realm Runners).

On 2/12/2022 at 1:43 PM, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Ah, memories from yesterday (tear rolls down cheek)

Edited by Wolfpackfan99

During Dr. Dox's time research, he found evidence that there had been a timequake once before...or after...or at the same time? Anyway, timequake is a thing that can happen, and apparently a timequake at some point caused...or will cause...ANYWAY! Due to a timequake, the Universal Cogs are scattered across the time stream, each one in a different era, and only by causing another timequake can he hope to bring them together and reassemble the Cosmic Clock, giving him power over TIME ITSELF!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

1 minute ago, Karalora said:

During Dr. Dox's time research, he found evidence that there had been a timequake once before...or after...or at the same time? Anyway, timequake is a thing that can happen, and apparently a timequake at some point caused...or will cause...ANYWAY! Due to a timequake, the Universal Cogs are scattered across the time stream, each one in a different era, and only by causing another timequake can he hope to bring them together and reassemble the Cosmic Clock, giving him power over TIME ITSELF!!! MWAHAHAHAHAHA!

I don’t know whether to gape in admiration or run to my nuclear bunker in Mount Everest, eat chocolate, and curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep from my pure terror.

Then again, I hope Lego Asgard will surely intervene this time!

TLG realizing that their fans have better ideas than they do: “this deal just keeps getting worse!”

Haha just kidding I respect TLG 100% 

Hmmm, the cosmic clock seems like an intriguing model idea, it reminds me of the 2004 Lego alpha team sets with the ice and everything, might need to do some troubleshooting with the technic pieces for the clock mechanism (moving the hands clockwise and counterclockwise), I’m also getting other weird 2004 vibes from this (it reminds me of a Harry Potter hogsmead village set), honestly I can envision the finished product 

Kronk meme: “oh yeah, it’s all coming together.”

Edited by Wolfpackfan99

19 hours ago, Karalora said:

Hey, I love that backstory you wrote about Dr. Dox! He is gonna to be Master of Time, MUWHAHAHA! 

Cosmic Clock sounds fascinating to imagine when Dr. Dox finds it at last before Timmy and Tammy race against time (hehe) to stop a massively devastating event, known as Great Timequake. 

19 hours ago, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Hmmm, the cosmic clock seems like an intriguing model idea, it reminds me of the 2004 Lego alpha team sets with the ice and everything, might need to do some troubleshooting with the technic pieces for the clock mechanism (moving the hands clockwise and counterclockwise), I’m also getting other weird 2004 vibes from this (it reminds me of a Harry Potter hogsmead village set), honestly I can envision the finished product 

Kronk meme: “oh yeah, it’s all coming together.”

You just mentioend “Mount Everest”. How could I forget about that since it’s in Orient expedition back in 2003! It’s a perfect set for Timequake!

I am starting to imagine what Comstic Clock look like… probably more taller than Clock Tower form Harry Potter theme? It would be a big set. I would love some mechanisms behind clock so the hands flow smoothly (not like Creator Expert’s Ellizabeth Tower set back in 2016). 

On 2/12/2022 at 1:43 PM, Wolfpackfan99 said:

Hmmmm, it soudns cool. I like your idea on Realm Runners! It kinda reminds me of Lego Dimensions but this is different because of a flying pirate ship through typhoon. I like that idea! I could that Doom-claw would say “MUWHAHAHAHA, AT LAST I HAVE A SINGLE REALM UNDER MY CONTROL NOW!” 

Who these 3 friends would be? Are they from the past / exiting themes? 

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hey, I love that backstory you wrote about Dr. Dox! He is gonna to be Master of Time, MUWHAHAHA! 

Cosmic Clock sounds fascinating to imagine when Dr. Dox finds it at last before Timmy and Tammy race against time (hehe) to stop a massively devastating event, known as Great Timequake. 

You just mentioend “Mount Everest”. How could I forget about that since it’s in Orient expedition back in 2003! It’s a perfect set for Timequake!

I am starting to imagine what Comstic Clock look like… probably more taller than Clock Tower form Harry Potter theme? It would be a big set. I would love some mechanisms behind clock so the hands flow smoothly (not like Creator Expert’s Ellizabeth Tower set back in 2016). 

Yeah the only problem I see is the clock hand mechanism, I was thinking about a white 6x6 round plate with a hole in the middle, a 2x2 round tile with a hole in the middle, a technic pin, a longish technic rod that’s 1/3 of a usual rod, a shortish technic rod that’s 1/3 of a usual rod, and a little round technic spacer pin. 

Also I wasn't talking about orient expedition, I was talking about mission deep freeze, a 2004 alpha team sub theme, but also yeah that would be cool.

3 hours ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Hmmmm, it soudns cool. I like your idea on Realm Runners! It kinda reminds me of Lego Dimensions but this is different because of a flying pirate ship through typhoon. I like that idea! I could that Doom-claw would say “MUWHAHAHAHA, AT LAST I HAVE A SINGLE REALM UNDER MY CONTROL NOW!” 

Who these 3 friends would be? Are they from the past / exiting themes? 

The realms would be a cool little twist on original themes (like the Lego movie did).

Well here’s what I thought for the three friends:

Captain Garrick, the confident and skilled pilot/captain of the brick queen, their inter dimensional traveling ship, quick with a joke, or a flintlock pistol!

Becky, the adventurous princess from the brick kingdoms, skilled in martial arts and is a weapons expert, and she loves standing on the open deck in a lightning storm!

And last, but surely not least, Joe, the knowledgeable mechanic of the brick queen, he’s quite the motor maniac!

I have been thinking about submitting my idea to LEGO via World Builder but I don’t have any model (due to my low vision so it’s difficult for see what I bild). I mean Timequake theme sounds really cool and wicked. It could have everything kids and adults would love. I mean, I put some in-house themes into one theme.

The follwoing in-house theme I put together into one theme since they represent time period:

Time Cruiser / City - Present Day

Dino - Mesozoic Period 

Western (theme) - Wild West 

Castle - Middle Age

Pirates - 16th/17th Centuries (known as Godlen Age of Pirates)

Adventurers - 1920s, 1930s or 1940s

Ninja (theme) - 1185 - 1603 CE

Atlantis - Golden Age of Philosphy (around 600 BCE)

Vikings (theme) - Viking Age

Rock Raider / Classic Space / Blckthron - Distant Future 

It would a great idea but a written description would be accepted if I don’t do a model? 

Edited by DBlegonerd7