Sign in to follow this  
Kolonialbeamter

[OL - FB] RNTC - Pioneers at Work

Ahoy, y'all,

today just a small scene... to get into the mood for some landscaping.

Pioneers at Work

With the first structures in Lavalette being erected, and more settlers arriving daily, the need for building materials on Stéphanique grows strongly. At the same time, in order to prepare the land surrounding the settlement for cultivation, large areas of the region's forests have to give way. So, naturally, the RNTC has hired a decent number of lumberjacks to deal with the tasks at hand.

32253147946_e62d951205_c.jpg

32309241235_c62e71b334_c.jpg

About:

Not really much... just wanted to try out some foliage design, and depict the basics for settlement development. However, what was most frustrating in this was getting those chains right :wacko: :laugh:

Thanks for looking,

C&C welcome :classic:

Vive le Roi!

While I don't agree with all that "Vive le Roi", I agree that - as always - your creation looks wonderful!

I especially like the idea for the semi-cobbled, semi-grassi path, really clever!

Nice landscaping and vegetation, KB. My favourite part is those chains with which you struggled so! Worth it, I'd say! :pir-grin:

Great idea to use the clips on the top of the palm tree to attach the leaves at different angles. What piece are they attached too?

Excellent build, and sorry I didn't get around to commenting earlier! I love the subject matter, and especially like your depiction of the horse pulling the felled tree. I'm also intrigued by your use of the green flower/round plate piece for the grass between the stones on the path. That's really well done! Same goes for the top of the palm tree on the left; very interesting design! :thumbup: