My 10th and last entry to the Colossal Castle Contest (small miscellaneous category). This was mainly a small fun build to mess around with new designs. I’m quite pleased with how it turned out, and that I was able to get every element actually attached, except the 3 logs which rest securely in the firewood bin.
First installment in the story.

After his first successful meeting with the Jarl of Balkr, Glorfindel had high hopes that he would meet with similar success when visiting other jarls and lords on the Nocturnus border. Dedan had set off for another clansman village, while Glorfindel's next trip took him to the medium sized town of Firoir. A single guard stood watch at the gate, or rather sat watch, as he was resting on a stool.

"What's your business here?" He questioned, not bothering to stand.

"I need to speak with Lord Tuinis," Glorfindel replied, taking in the somewhat disheveled uniform of the soldier.

"Just straight on down the main road to his manor then, can't miss it."

"Thank you, and good day," said Glorfindel, to which the guard merely grunted. Continuing on his way, Glorfindel saw that the guard was right and that it would be almost impossible to miss the large ornate manor. After an equally brief conversation with the steward, Glorfindel found himself face-to-face with Lord Tuinis in a lavish wood paneled room.

Overview-7.jpg

"And what brings the esteemed Sir Glorfindel to the humble town of Firoir?" Asked Tuinis with a sneer. "Urgent orders from Elon Chorian no doubt, more men and supplies needed to defend our beloved capitol city?"

Somewhat taken aback by the lord's belittling manner, Glorfindel tried to be diplomatic in his response: "It's always an honor to be received into any town of Mitgardia, and while the capitol is secure, I do bring word from Chorian that the villages, towns, and cities along the Nocturnus border should be fortified against a possible attack from the darklands.

Tuinis jeered, "Of course! It's easy enough for him to order new fortifications and more soldiers to be trained, but we lords always pay the price for his petty concerns. Not a year ago, I was ordered to send troops and reserves of goods to the North for defense against the Algus threat. Yet this supposed threat to our existence was never even sighted by my scouts!"

Close-4.jpg

"Surely you don't mean to question the validity of the Algus attack?" Glorfindel asked incredulously. "Northern Mitgardia paid a dear price to keep the Algus from advancing to your doorstep! And if your scouts really never picked up on that threat, that only betrays their incompetence!"

"You dare insult a lord of Mitgardia to his face at his own hearth?" spat Tuinis, "I know your kind, merely a lackey of Valholl, constantly sticking your nose into your better's business, and getting rewarded for it!"

For a moment, Glorfindel could only consider the satisfaction a swift blow to the insolent face before him would provide, then with a great effort he controlled himself and turned from the room.

Tuinis aimed one final insult at the retreating figure "That's right, crawl back to your fancy city and learn not to meddle. You have no authority here, boy."

Another view of the build.

Left-4.jpg

I hope you're enjoying this storyline with Glorfindel, I'm having fun actually using my character for once :laugh:

Comments and suggestions always welcome :classic:

Amazing interior. The wood on the building is very unique and superb, and the hearth is also well done. The stand is also really cool; I especially like all the items on it. Also, the little shelf on the wall is a nice addition. 

Very cool interior! Love the fireplace, and how well it fits with the wooden walls. Amazing!

As I said before: small MOC, but great build! I love all the different techniques, and the fact that you tot everything attached is defenitely awesome :wub:

Wow, that story is really heating up (literally)! :grin: :laugh:  Looks like Sir Glorfindel has gotten himself an enemy...

Very nice build, SK, the woodwork is great - I didn't know those slit pieces existed in brown, but they look very good here! - and the fireplace is really superb as well!  Excellent job with the floor, shelf, and other furniture too, and it's great that you're starting to write more fleshed out stories! :moar:

This is a really lovely little interior, so many neat techniques packed into one build!  The paneling on the wall is great, but so is the floor and the stonework of the chimney!  I really like the way you did the double cheese slopes on the border too!

16 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

Amazing interior. The wood on the building is very unique and superb, and the hearth is also well done. The stand is also really cool; I especially like all the items on it. Also, the little shelf on the wall is a nice addition. 

Thanks!

13 hours ago, Alfadas said:

Very cool interior! Love the fireplace, and how well it fits with the wooden walls. Amazing!

Thanks Alfadas, I designed the walls first then decided the fireplace size on what would fit best into the wall pattern :classic:

13 hours ago, TitusV said:

As I said before: small MOC, but great build! I love all the different techniques, and the fact that you tot everything attached is defenitely awesome :wub:

Thanks Titus! It was a little tempting to get lazy at the end, and just balance figs and the last few pieces of furniture, but I'm glad I didn't. So nice to be able to carry things to the photography area without having to reset everything.

9 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Wow, that story is really heating up (literally)! :grin: :laugh:  Looks like Sir Glorfindel has gotten himself an enemy...

Very nice build, SK, the woodwork is great - I didn't know those slit pieces existed in brown, but they look very good here! - and the fireplace is really superb as well!  Excellent job with the floor, shelf, and other furniture too, and it's great that you're starting to write more fleshed out stories! :moar:

Thanks Garmadon! I'm glad you enjoying the story, there are more installments coming :classic:

9 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

This is a really lovely little interior, so many neat techniques packed into one build!  The paneling on the wall is great, but so is the floor and the stonework of the chimney!  I really like the way you did the double cheese slopes on the border too!

Thanks Kai, I tried several versions of the border before I got one I was pleased with.

3 hours ago, dathil said:

I really like the build, but I love the story too, its well-written!

Thanks dathil :sweet:

3 hours ago, Gunman said:

I really like woodwork on the walls mate. Good one...

Thanks Gunman!

Love the cozy feeling of this vignette. That fireplace though... :wub::wub:

Wonderful vignette, Isaac! There's so many great designs here, like the firewood holder, fire grate, little table, and chair, not to mention those walls! :wub:
The photography here really sets it off nicely too :classic:

You are a master at interiors SK. the color scheme is perfect, and that floor pattern is excellent.