fatsomania

Question about replacing broken parts through customer service

I have a lot of pieces that have broken over the years, and I noticed the broken bricks option on the LEGO customer service site. I was wondering if there were any rules for that, such as if this option is only for replacing a piece that comes broken in the box, or if it breaks immediately after first use. Most of my broken pieces broke at least a few months after a set was purchased. Does any of this matter? Or is it just for replacing any brick that has broken? 

I think its replacing broken bricks in sets, they should survive more than a couple of months.

I've just had some pieces replaced from a 2011 set.

I think as long as you are not taking the michael with the amount you use it, and the parts are still available, then you can get whatever you need.

4 hours ago, Giantorange said:

I think as long as you are not taking the michael with the amount you use it

Thanks for replying. What do you mean by "taking the michael with the amount you use it"?

57 minutes ago, fatsomania said:

Thanks for replying. What do you mean by "taking the michael with the amount you use it"?

I would think if you are writing in every other week to say your child has lost XYZ minifig torso, they won't keep sending them out forever. 

No idea. I'd recommend calling/emailing their customer support and asking them directly. You wouldn't want to do all the work off making a big online order only for them to flag you as someone who is trying to abuse the replacement system. (That is if you have a bunch of random broken bricks, rather than just a couple).