Aaryana

Late to the modular game *update pg 3!*

I had the Fire Brigade, Cinema, Grand Emporium, Pets Shop and Parisian Restaurant. They were my main display models for months after I decided they don't go well with my (90% of all my Lego) Star Wars sets so I sold them. 

I'm still not sure whether or not I liked them.. I felt like the older ones (before Parisian) all looked off and old (as in color and build) and didn't match the newer ones. I also dislike the fact that they're all different building styles but I guess that is preference. Recently, after getting more space, I'm back at looking on buying the newer modulars again or buy the ones that I like and make larger versions of it. I think XL versions or even better XXL versions (doubled with extra floor) look the best if you mod them well, but it's also a very expensive option if you have to buy 4 Cinemas instead of 3-4 Modulars. 

I just finished building the pet shop! I started it over a month ago and just hadn't had time to complete it! It's been one of my favorite Lego builds so far! I have the PC unopened and waiting for me. And, *gulp*, the PR is on its way! Caved on it the last day of double VIP points! I was afraid it would retire before I had another chance to buy it. So, in about a month, I went from 0 to 3 modular building sets! And I'm already thinking about which one I'll pick next! 

On ‎19‎-‎3‎-‎2017 at 4:18 AM, Aaryana said:

I just finished building the pet shop! I started it over a month ago and just hadn't had time to complete it! It's been one of my favorite Lego builds so far! I have the PC unopened and waiting for me. And, *gulp*, the PR is on its way! Caved on it the last day of double VIP points! I was afraid it would retire before I had another chance to buy it. So, in about a month, I went from 0 to 3 modular building sets! And I'm already thinking about which one I'll pick next! 

I see some kind of pattern in this... i remember i started the same way, only it was a few years ago already!!!

Wow, I was lucky to start from scratch in 2007, but then, never had the chance to have 3 modulars in a row in a short period of time.. Enjoy, the awaiting will be long once you have all and need to wait one year before the next release.. Have fun building!

On 19.3.2017 at 4:18 AM, Aaryana said:

So, in about a month, I went from 0 to 3 modular building sets! And I'm already thinking about which one I'll pick next! 

Yeah, you`ve just been sucked in to the game and you can`t and will not stop! This is just the beginning! Be warned ;) We all startet that way! Now I have 36 modulars :wub::blush:

Started collecting back in 2011

I feel, get what you think is cool. to me, the FB and City Hall do not fit in with the others. However, on that note... I am BL-ing the FB.... 

collecting the Mod's is hard, they take up space... 

^That they do. Then throw in a few MOC modulars and you really run out of room.

I try to only buy one each of the official modulars, then modify them to make my own buildings so they are different from other people. It helps with our LUG shows so not everyone has the same MOC to put on the table and it livens up the city a bit.