Although its a scene that often takes much of the punches in people's criticism of the Force Awakens, I for one really enjoy the scenes that take place on Han Solo's freighter the Ervana.I especially love the sploodgy squishy squid creatures with immense maws of teeth. We all know it. The velociraptor equivalent of the Sarlacc (which now that I think about it is absolutely horrifying!) the RATHTAR. 

We will be getting a set of this scene but reportedly we will not be getting a Mold of a Rathtar, think Dr. Strange's set. While I hope this is proven wrong I decided to build my own! Nothing too fancy just quick and dirty that I built in fifteen minutes. 

32241023085_e9bbee6895_b.jpg

32092341312_735f1c86b2_b.jpg

32248329145_2cee4e7e5d_z.jpg

32099352782_ecef943aea_z.jpg

But wait there's more! You can build your own! I used these instructions for a basic Lowell Sphere from the artist's website: Bruce Lowell

Just add tentacles, eyes, and teeth! :wink:

Edited by Forresto

Hello, Forresto.

Your Rathtar looks great, you have captured the shape well!

To improve, you need to make the tentacles longer. :laugh:

Kind regards, Ellis.

:thumbup:Very nice @Forresto!

However I feel it is a little bit too small.

1 hour ago, Ellisss_2 said:

To improve, you need to make the tentacles longer. :laugh:

I agree.

However, with limited dark red parts, this is very impressive :thumbup:

1 hour ago, LaPasnaille said:

That's a great-looking and playable Rathar, excellent job! Better than what Lego will give us this year...

Have you seen what they are offering?

8 minutes ago, Ellisss_2 said:

What are they offering? *huh*

Exactly! No one has seen it, so how can this be better than what they are offering?

Looks great! Kind of like a baby rathtar. I picture something similar to the squid from the atlantis line(google "Lego Atlantis giant squid" if you haven't seen it), with just a few modifications to make the body longer. Great work on yours :classic:

3 hours ago, FishW said:

Looks great! Kind of like a baby rathtar. I picture something similar to the squid from the atlantis line(google "Lego Atlantis giant squid" if you haven't seen it), with just a few modifications to make the body longer. Great work on yours :classic:

http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/8061_Gateway_of_the_Squid

This one? That's what came to mind when I thought of a LEGO Rathtar!

Great moc.

And for the record, I think people were far too harsh on TFA, and far, faaaaaaaar too generous towards Rogue One. Yes, TFA was a ANH retread, but it felt like a friggin' Star Wars movie. Rogue One was like Schindler's List in Space. 

Sorry to bump this topic (almost 1 month) but here is my LDD rathtar.

79111%20Rathtar%20Escape_zpsqchl8mku.png

Minifigures are Guavian Death Gang Member, Han Solo, and Kanjiklub Gang Member.

Maybe a bit large yeh. I'd prefer Forresto's for display, but I think yours would be good for play, as it seems a minifig would indeed fit.

Something in-between yours and Forresto's would be perfect. Those two Rathtars need to make a baby. :laugh_hard:

That's an awesome Rathtar, Forresto! Simple and elegant, and instantly recognizable. I admit, I didn't like the scene too much in the movie – combined with the random goons and Han's a bit out of character talking in this scene, it had a bit too much Star Trek vibe for me personally. Like, I could see a scene like this fitting in Abrams' ST movies just as much or even better. It felt kinda alien to me, even though the monster scene is a Star Wars tradition. However, you caputed the Rathtar very well and I like what I'm seeing! I wonder if it could possibly be a little rounder, but this would probably required special parts or even molds, so for a pretty much purist version, this is as good as it gets!

/* Edit: Only now do I realize that both our NE characters in our avatars are in shackles. The rebellion sure is having a hard time :rofl:

Edited by Cody Startale

8 minutes ago, Cody Startale said:

/* Edit: Only now do I realize that both our NE characters in our avatars are in shackles. The rebellion sure is having a hard time :rofl:

Long live the Empire :vader: