BrickG

Your Lost Lego

Ever loose some Lego? Ever get sad because of it? Ever try to replace something that you realize is now like 10x or more the original cost?

Heh...

I've been going through my minifigures and actually listing them for the first time. Trying to just get an estimated value. I've noticed that I'm missing a few. I think most of the missing ones were duplicates or older versions of a character which I can live without. But I also can't find my War Machine and it sucks. The only way I can think of them getting lost is after my last move but that place is empty and I have no idea where they could be now! Seem to be missing a small box :(.

Then of course there was my childhood collection which is mostly entirely lost. Oh well.

You lose some?

Lost not much but stolen, yes... the good old school camp (or I don't know how to call it in English since it's not my native; sorry about that; it's a place where children from schools around the same area went during a summer vacation). I lost like a dozen of clone troopers, and many other stuff I can't even remember. There are two minifigures I couldn't replace since then: Rocket Battle Droid Commander and Darth Vader (from 8017). They even tried to steal Assajj Ventress (from 7676) but lucky me they weren't successful that time. And they got back what they deserved too, but let's not get too deep into it.

I know it sounds like a terrible place but I had a Lego/Star Wars fan club there and I met a lot of good friends, so it wasn't that all bad. It had it's ups and downs. Ah nostalgia hits me whenever I think about it.

I didn't really loose much Lego when I was a kid, but sadly somewhen during my dark ages a couple of really nice minifigs got misplaced. Mostly Futuron and Space Police ones. Plus the glow-in-the-dark bits of a ghost from the early 90s. A pity really. These were all quite special.

When I moved almost 15 years ago, I lost my 6979 Interstellar Starfighter somehow. It's probably buried in a box somewhere in our closet (essentially attic), but it's packed pretty tight in there. My parents always thought I was imagining losing it, but I have the instruction manual, so it's somewhere out there.

Finally, a place to get some sympathy! The most memorable lego I lost during my childhood was the first Jango Fett minifigure (from 7153). I don't know if they've come out with another since my dark ages,  but I remember looking up the price when he first went missing, and I think he went for $80. I remember desperately searching for him, but the situation was hopeless - we were outside on a friend's farm at night

During my dark ages, practically all my lego batman minifigures went missing. To this day it haunts me! :laugh: That one was probably the worst. Worse than not being to find the bags with my AT-TE parts. But that one might still be in storage, I suppose.

I am missing a few Clone Trooper figures, the very first clone troopers from back in the original Republic Gunship! But I am not to bummed about them since they look very dated next to current figures, and I am only really using them now to fill up cockpits while the newer figures take center stage in display.

On 11-1-2017 at 5:43 PM, Littleworlds said:

Plus the glow-in-the-dark bits of a ghost from the early 90s.

Same here, I have no idea where it is... :look:

I "lost" the disk that came with one of the Bionicle sets from 2004 or 2005. It seems a little suspicious that one of my friends at the time told me it was missing before I'd realized it myself...

I compiled a list of minifigures I am missing since last year (darned move!) and they're so random I have no idea how it happened. I traditionally keep the themes together so it's weird how I'm missing like 1 or 2 of each theme. Most are minor but that War Machine is still killing me! 

Maybe Roomba did worse than I thought. That little jerk likes messing up anything accidentally left on the floor. Maybe he ate up War Machine after bumping him off the shelf! 

I know Roomba had taken a few Lego pieces from me. Though nothing worth digging in his bowels for... 

Edited by BrickG

I once lost a LEGO minifigure because he dropped into my drawer of clothes (when I was a kid)

11 minutes ago, BrickG said:

I compiled a list of minifigures I am missing since last year (darned move!) and they're so random I have no idea how it happened. I traditionally keep the themes together so it's weird how I'm missing like 1 or 2 of each theme. Most are minor but that War Machine is still killing me! 

Maybe Roomba did worse than I thought. That little jerk likes messing up anything accidentally left on the floor. Maybe he ate up War Machine after bumping him off the shelf! 

I know Roomba had taken a few Lego pieces from me. Though nothing worth digging in his bowels for... 

Yeah Roomba likes to eat LEGO :damn:

The torso of a tribesman from set 6292. Not to mention the instructions for lots of sets that just entered the big pile of old bricks from when I was a child.

Oh yes, actually. Like, way back when I used to have one of the older Slave I sets and I ended up losing the Boba Fett figure that came with it (moved a lot, basically). When I was... I think I was at BrickFair VA? One of the years, I came across one and thought "oh, maybe I can replace the one I lost" and then looked at the price tag. 

Can't remember the exact number, it was... $20 - $50? And for me, that's... I'm not a collector of minifigs and I tend to just get some if I like them, and $10 tends to be a bit on the pricey side for me hahaha.

oh yes...

somehow i ¨lost¨ 4 wheels and the huge windscreen of my 6989 (m-tron core magnetizer)

no idea how since its pretty much the biggest lego pieces existing

After having had all of the first wave of Nexo Knights sets assembled for about 8 months, playing with them with the kids, the wife and I disassembled and inventoried them last week. I cannot believe how much lego can disappear in that short amount of time. Granted a 3 yo and 6 yo was involved :P