Sign in to follow this  
narbilu

Book ll Challenge V Category A: War already started

While Lord Nar Bilu spends his days rebuilding his city on Hemresa, he sends out his great great grandson (future Narbilu, or the Green Shade as he was named here) to try and find out what is happening in Nocturnus.

Weeks passed, roaming the wild woodlands and swamps of Nocturnus ground until an anomaly appeared. Narbilu reacted somewhat startled at first, but quickly he recognised the ghostly form. It was the commander of the fallen Avalonian warriors. It only spoke a few clear words “War already started, take this home now, haste back”. It handed a letter to Narbilu.

A bit disoriented Narbilu turned his head to see where the ghost went, but he had vanished in thin air. The ground beneath his feet started shaking and as Narbilu jumped aside a large bonelike monster erupted from beneath the soil. It hovered a few feet above the ground, patiently awaiting Narbilu’s response. As Narbilu saw that the beast meant no harm, he threw a rope around the neck of the beast and climbed his back. Swiftly the animal flew away, clearly heading west. Back home.

31400894234_1f936966e9_c.jpg

For more pictures, check my FlickR account

Edited by narbilu

Neat vignette!

Though I think a complete black black border would have looked better, the beast defenitely makes up for that!!! It just looks so amazingly well... :drool: 

8 minutes ago, TitusV said:

Neat vignette!

Though I think a complete black black border would have looked better, the beast defenitely makes up for that!!! It just looks so amazingly well... :drool: 

Thanks Titus.

I had to do with I had on the photo's. Am moving home the next couple of weeks... hope to be ready in time to make a Cat B project...

That looks awesome; very nice undead dragon! Impressively well detailed with all the spikes and good work on the thick vegetation for the landscape. 

Great beast ! Very frightening !

The bone spikes details you used to make it are a good idea !

A Good entry for the Challenge ! Good job !

Whenever you build magic stuff, it always has some original twist to it! This is another good example of that. This creepy, yet "not entirely menacing" creature is so weird and mysterious, I love it! :classic:

Very neat entry! :thumbup:

This is truly awesome.  I love the creativity in the skeletal serpent.  It looks scary and really fits the story.  Great job!