Sign in to follow this  
WARHEAD

[MOC] Dekaimano Buster V

Forged from chogokin, fueled by bravery.

31322723504_ecb8874889_c.jpg

Click here for the gallery.

As per usual, no real story to this guy, I just wanted to build a big beefy super robot styled mech, so I did. Think Mazinger Z or GaoGaiGar, for example. I've had the idea to use those drill parts as limbs for the longest time but never got around to it until now. A lot of the the build is actually salvaged from a previous WIP of mine that never got completed...

Anyway, that's it for my rambling, thanks for taking a look!

Edited by WARHEAD

On 1/10/2017 at 4:39 PM, bobasdad said:

Wow!  Everything about this model is brilliant!  I especially like the way the hands are constructed.

Had to comment as well.  The hands are out-of-this world good.......

I can second the love for the hands. I generally like robot MOCs with separate fingers (look no further than my Self-MOC - man I gotta have to update my galleries again...), and these are gorgeous.

Though that doesn't mean the rest of this guy is any less impressive. The whole build is pretty awesome. Things I particulary like about this MOC are the head and the color scheme.

How poseable is he though? Any trouble with the weight of his limbs?

Oh, and how did you design the wrist joint? It's kinda difficult to figure it out from the picture...

This MOC might be one of your most brilliant yet! The smoothness characteristic of many of your other MOCs is itself charming, but this really shows that your mastery of textures extends to more elaborate textures as well as smooth ones. Everything is neatly distributed and nothing seems random or careless. The proportions are also extremely distinctive, coming together to create a muscular build that looks beefy but not brutish. The hand construction is also very effective.

I like the knee construction with the dishes on the sides. I've had a number of Flame Yellowish Orange 4x4 radar dishes since a convention a few years ago, and keep wanting to use them for some sort of knee or elbow construction something like this, but have never gotten around to it. It's good to see that a knee like this can work in practice!

About how tall is this fellow?

Thanks again everyone, the feedback really means a lot!

On 1/27/2017 at 7:18 PM, Aanchir said:

About how tall is this fellow?

I don't have the figure on hand right now but I'd say a bit over 50 cm?