The Cloud City playset from Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Backs…https://ideas.lego.com/projects/163944

I wanted to design a fun and playable set which would include the ionic scenes from the Empire Strikes Back film. The aim was to create a set that resembles the shape of the cloud city and offers a playable platform like the Death Star play set.

I’m a keen Star Wars fan and as Cloud City hasn’t seen a new set since 2003 I thought I would have a go.

I hope you enjoy and welcome your creative input into my project.  

Thanks for your vote… 

2803789-o_1b5poebv31mcc1b0qc2813og1saj7-full.jpg

It's against the "rules" to advertise your Ideas sets here.

Unfortunately this will never make it. If TLG will bring out a DS like cloud city set - it's not gonna be from "Ideas".
Anyway, this looks great, the best cloud city moc I've seen so far. Could you make a picture from a top position, so that we could see all "rooms" together & how they connect?
I especially like how it ain't just a messy playset, but also features a presentable look from the outside.

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

It's against the "rules" to advertise your Ideas sets here.

No it isn't, you just have to do it properly, which he did.  http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/18718-site-guidelines/

It's a great set, and you laid it out nicely.  Cloud city is definitely trickier than the Death Star to formulate as a play set but you've done nicely with functionality and details. Like Kim said, Lego would simply make their own for something like this but it never hurts to give them ideas and demonstrate the popularity of a set. 

20 minutes ago, Schneeds said:

No it isn't, you just have to do it properly, which he did.  http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/18718-site-guidelines/

It's a great set, and you laid it out nicely.  Cloud city is definitely trickier than the Death Star to formulate as a play set but you've done nicely with functionality and details. Like Kim said, Lego would simply make their own for something like this but it never hurts to give them ideas and demonstrate the popularity of a set. 

Thank you for the accurate advice... The layout is what i wanted to be true to the cloud city shape and make it follow with the story lines. I wanted to put it out there lets see what happens.. cheers ....nice room!

Very nice. We can question how much sense does it make to submit ideas burdened with existing lego license, but that shouldn't repell us from supporting. I deffinitely support this. I have seen several attempts for Cloud CIty playsets and this is argurably the best of all. Good job!

Hello, DanDare006

I think your project looks great, and I love how the exterior is rounded to look like the city. Your model also looks to have some great functions and minifigures included.

However, unfortunately, I believe this set would never reach the market. Simply because of the hate towards the re-released Death Star and atrocious Hoth Playset. I am 100% sure, if Lego has listened to customer feedback, another Star Wars playset styled set would NOT be in the interests of Lego at this moment in time.

Good luck with gathering support on your project I wish you the best of luck, 

Kind regards, Ellis.

Edited by Ellisss_2

15 hours ago, DanDare006 said:

The pictures do not work effectively to sell me on voting for your idea.  Maybe it's awesome, but I just can't see that by what is shown.

Thanks for all your feedback…all noted

I wanted to throw in my idea on how the new Cloud City set should look like.

My point on this…

Obviously the 2003 set is too old now, yellow faces and approx. $1000! The new carbon freezing was more of an appeasement to the Star Wars fans who has been waiting for over a decade for a complete set not titbits.

With all MOC they are a starting point and feedback helps to perfect the original idea. What I wanted to show was how my design gives you a complete Cloud City set which like the Death Star has the entire ionic scenes in a fun playable format. The mini figs that would come with a set like this would be fantastic, Luke & Leia Bespin, Cloud City pilots, new Lando , Chewbacca with backpack & broken c3po etc. It would be a lot of fun!

I’m a keen Star Wars amateur builder and unfortunately not a polished studio company so bear with me I’m working on some more professional marketing pictures.

I plan to take more photos so you can see the whole construction and design better, plus a Video in the near future.

It’s the concept of how the new Cloud City should look like and I felt someone had to take another shot at putting the Cloud City set back on the table for discussion.

Never say never!

It sure would be one of the most fun sets if designed in a similar way. Shame that cloud city never got a lot of attention. Something like this would have been miles better that the latest UCS Hoth playset...

1 hour ago, J3D1-T said:

Not sure if I'm allowed to post this, but this is a leaked photo for a latter set this year, and is hard evidence towards a Cloud City set.

Untitled design (1).jpg

*Zoom in using "Ctrl Scroll" or use this link :) 

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP3W34NjoD5/?taken-by=delta.customs

I know I am no moderator, but you are not allowed to post leak photos.

Looks great though, I am excited! You might want to mention this in the 2017 rumours post, but without the pictures :) .

Edited by Ellisss_2

22 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

I know I am no moderator, but you are not allowed to post leak photos.

Looks great though, I am excited! You might want to mention this in the 2017 rumours post, but without the pictures :) .

Thanks, I have just instead left a link :) I didn't think I was allowed but I just did it anyway.

Hi All

I've made some improvements and uploaded a youtube video. 

Its a new channel and looks a bit sad at the moment, could do with some subscribers?! Cheers

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Well aperantly the link is dead, what did the picture resemble? 

A fake Lando minifigure. Delta Customs removed it I think.

On 09/02/2017 at 1:25 AM, Sneakguest said:

Well aperantly the link is dead, what did the picture resemble? 

Cloud City Lando, Blue Legs (Possibly Bespin Guard), Stormtrooper and Darth Vader, I think they may have been fakes though.