Hallo everybody,

after reading all the time in this forum I want to introduce my not in all details finished Scania R730 6x2.

For driving the Scania uses the Lego xl-motor. For steering the first and second achses I use the servo-motor. For the movement of the pistons in the fake v8-engine the Scania uses a l-motor. For all I use a rc!

The batteriebox is in the back of the cabin, which I can lift. In the back of the Scania I installed an automatically closing clutch for trailer.

32145373956_25c50c2d35_z.jpg

32068940751_0a7b6cb35f_z.jpg

Steffen  

Edited by krolli

Hello krolli and welcome to EB!

Oh, and you can't post Scania model without posting pictures of the front of it! :) Just kidding, front looks like it has a proper shape, I like the curved top very much!

Did you try to make front wheel arches in Black?

I like this! Only thing I would revise is the inverted 2x3 plates at the front and inverted wing plates as a window in sleeping area.

PS. you better prepare some blueprints to be ready when M-longer sees this :)

7 minutes ago, Milan said:

:laugh::laugh:

Nice model B.T.W Krolli.:thumbup:

13 minutes ago, Milan said:

I am here. Basically, run*

And I must say that it has really good proportions (at least after seeing these two pictures). Does the front wheels have enough room for steering?

*But I am not The Doctor. Only a person who likes nice and clean shapes based on bluperints... :P

First of, welcome to EuroBricks! This is a good-looking model, the curves on the roof are excellent. :thumbup: Perhaps use the no. 22 and 23 panels for the turning vanes instead of the 2x3 plates,it would look cleaner. But well done. Will you post a video?

First of all I'd like to say thank you for the positive feedback.

12 hours ago, Milan said:

Oh, and you can't post Scania model without posting pictures of the front of it! :) Just kidding, front looks like it has a proper shape, I like the curved top very much!

Did you try to make front wheel arches in Black?

I like this! Only thing I would revise is the inverted 2x3 plates at the front and inverted wing plates as a window in sleeping area.

What does it mean: prepare some blueprints? I don't understand this.

12 hours ago, M_longer said:

I am here. Basically, run*

And I must say that it has really good proportions (at least after seeing these two pictures). Does the front wheels have enough room for steering?

*But I am not The Doctor. Only a person who likes nice and clean shapes based on bluperints... :P

M-longer: You are right. There are to less pictures of the truck. As I wrote I'm not finish yet. I expect the delievery for several parts for the power function from Lego in these days and then I can finish the Scania to (maybe) 95 %. All your inputs about the shape I recognized and when I'm back from my business trip I will do my very best for better shaping the Scania. :wink:

Yes, the front wheels and the second axle have enough space for steering and for the suspension.

In my first introduction I forgot the mechanical systems to describe. During planing and building the Scania for me it was very important to have a suspension for all axles like the real trucks. So I installed on all three axles rigid axles with suspension.

While driving there is nothing draging, not during steering, not during using the Suspension and steering. I'm very proud of this result!:classic:

Pleas explain your marks to the blueprint. I'm a little bit insecure, what does it mean.

48 minutes ago, krolli said:

What does it mean: prepare some blueprints? I don't understand this.

It was a joke, because M-longer sometimes (always) likes to compare Lego trucks with real trucks, using blueprints, to make sure your truck's shape is realistic!

So, getting approval from him is a really great achievement! :)

Again, well done!

10 hours ago, Milan said:

because M-longer sometimes (always) likes to compare Lego trucks with real trucks, using blueprints, to make sure your truck's shape is realistic!

Because M_Longer always likes to compare LEGO models with its real counterparts, using bluperints, to make sure that your model's is shape is realistic. I am not looking only at trucks to be honest :P

Sorry for a little off-topic here, but somehow I share the @M_longer position on blueprints. If a MOCer puts the name of the real counterpart into the topic title, one can expect the MOC is more or less exact scaled copy. You haven't used the blueprints, then you shouldn't put the real name into the title. I always considered it as some kind of a rule here. M-Longer just strictly controls that rule :wink:.

@krolli The truck is great. I agree with others on some minor issues with bodywork, and will double the video request. It is always interesting to see how such huge MOCs move.

Edited by proran

2 hours ago, 2LegoOrNot2Lego... said:

To me it seems like the wheel are to small, or the entire build is to large... Other then that I think it is pretty cool!

It is a low deck version :P

scania__r_420_topline___5__manual__low_d

3 hours ago, M_longer said:

Gentlemen you are so right! The Truck was planned and built as a low deck or lowliner truck. It is difficult to built with all the technical features. That is the reason, because the rear wheels are not covered!

I say thank you for the positive feedback. I hope that I can spend some time on next weekend to fix some issues, male some more pictures and a video!

Steffen

Edited by Milan
Removed quoted image.

1 hour ago, krolli said:

Gentlemen you are so right! The Truck was planned and built as a low deck or lowliner truck. It is difficult to built with all the technical features. That is the reason, because the rear wheels are not covered!

I say thank you for the positive feedback. I hope that I can spend some time on next weekend to fix some issues, male some more pictures and a video!

Steffen

Try to build those side panels from something else than 2x3 plates. Underside of system plates does not look too good with Technic panels.

10 hours ago, brickless_kiwi said:

I like the build, I would like to see some more photos of the build ( underside please / suspension )

After some test with the whole elctrical Equipment, the front axle wann't strong enough for the weight. So I have to redesign the axle. :angry:

So I have to excuse. I'll take pictures, when I have a new front axle.

Steffen