Sign in to follow this  
SodorBricks

Book II - Challenge V - Catagory A: Riders of Historica - Spire Side - Outpost Ambush

Prologue

This is the tale of the brave Knight Sir Russel, from a young age he always wanted to be a knight! As a young boy he would run round the village in his armour and battle those who dared to opose him. The problem here lied in his background, due to his parents being very wealthy no one would dare to beat Sir Russel in battle, those who did vanished like magic!

The thing Sir Russel did not know was that his whole life was leading to this moment.

The Story

Sir Russel was chosen by the King to be a courier for one of the messages, the major reason for this was due to a large sum donated by his parents. He was prepared a Horse, armour and a travelers bag all given to him by his loving parents, the travlers bag looked just like the message bag. Sir Russel set out in his quest but he only took the tavlers bag what an absolute fool!

Meanwhile as Sir Russel was riding his gallant steed back, The trolls had overheard that an item of great value was being transported, so the trolls decided to make a plan! Im only kidding, did you think that the Trolls where smart for a second?! What the Trolls actualy did was a lot more simple, they decided to settle down in a little outpost that they found on one of the major roads.

Unfortunatly Sir Russel who did not listen to the advice given to him by the king which was coincidentally "Now Sir Russel when delivering this letter of upmost importance stay away from all the major roads, as you may be met with a grim fate!". As Sir Russel rode back on his horse He noticed a fire coming from a nearby outpost, not being all that aware of the dangers that hang around fires Sir Russel road closer to see if they had any food which was not just Bread!

Once at the Outpost he noticed it was inhabited by a lone large Troll (not noticing the other four smaller Trolls hiding), as a young boy he was always told how bad Trolls are so he decided to face off with it. This was a HUGE mistake on his part as the troll was actually a peaceful creature mainly due to its sheer stupidity!

Now in a situation Sir Russel even if he defeated the large troll he would still have to kill another 4 smaller ones!

*SQUASH*

s0JEHzQ.jpg

l1OvUfx.jpg

HLtKHEa.jpg

Without Foreground Charecters:

tlepwO5.jpg

Edited by SodorBricks

5 minutes ago, Alfadas said:

Nice story! Also nice tree, really like it.

Thank you! The tree was originally a bunch of round 2x4's but, I decided to use slopes instead to give it more charecter.

Nice build! My only tip would be to tile off the little tower, but that's it. I really like the tree! :thumbup:

Nice little tower ! It has a very pleasant vintage touch !

And I like the little troll hiding behind a bush ! :laugh:

The story is good too.

Good entry !

19 hours ago, Windusky said:

Very nice Story. I like the fort and tree!

Thank you for the kind comment, the story was very fun to develop

13 hours ago, TitusV said:

Nice build! My only tip would be to tile off the little tower, but that's it. I really like the tree! :thumbup:

Thank you for the advice, I will defiantly have to try add some plates in as it gives it a more realistic effect!

5 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Nice little tower ! It has a very pleasant vintage touch !

And I like the little troll hiding behind a bush ! :laugh:

The story is good too.

Good entry !

Thank you, the troll hiding behind the bush was my faviroute one, just due to how troll like an action it is! :grin:

Nice one!  Some suggestions; I think an irregular base, or perhaps a border of some description would really improve it.  Also, some more leaves in that tree would be good as well.

Overall, good job!

43 minutes ago, BrickCurve said:

Nice one!  Some suggestions; I think an irregular base, or perhaps a border of some description would really improve it.  Also, some more leaves in that tree would be good as well.

Overall, good job!

Thank you I will have to try using an Irregular base next time, a border would probably look great aswell! I was going to put in more leaves unfortunately I ran out of darker leaves :grin:

4 hours ago, narbilu said:

wow, a lot happening on such a small base, great work!

Thank you, I pride myself in trying to confuse and befuddle people :tongue:

Really fun fig posing with all the smaller trolls hidden around in various spots! Nice ground layering for the road and landscape too :thumbup:

This is awesome man! Nice how many you could get on a 16x16, and great job on camouflaging. I really did not see the troll in the bushes in the first picture

:laugh: That troll hiding behind a bush is hilarious! :thumbup: Great job with the rest of the build too, the dark bley masonry bricks add some nice texture to the tower, and I like the little tree :classic:

Nice creation and entry! The camoufflaged orc was really hillarious! I saw it when i read it from the others! hahaha Great job!

I like the entry!  The hidden orcs/trolls are great.  I like the base, too.  Simple, but still detailed enough not to look like a giant square of brown.  Well done!