Sign in to follow this  
MacKaiwer

[MOC] Time Attack Race Car

Hello! Quite a long time since my last post to the forum... I get bored the looks of 24 hours race car (aka 42039) so I took chassis from it and made some different kind of "animal" on it. May I present you Time Attack Race Car. It's a single seater, purpose built vehicle for time attack and track days. Let's see some pictures of it:

Looks quite different than 42039:

85E2fy4.jpg

Huge wing for maximal downforce:

NlgKdVq.jpg

Openable doors and engine hood:

QyPWVAz.jpg

Towing points at front and rear:

VTNIOzo.jpg

m7iUsUr.jpg

Cockpit:

wjqPHfi.jpg

Shot from above:

JgxtaxC.jpg

Side shot:

0ZTFCng.jpg

Angled shot:

3IiXDBp.jpg

It has HoG steering, piston working V8 engine, openable doors and engine hood, same working suspension as in 42039 and some racing details like towing points and race like cockpit.

Hope you like it!

WZXSuWA.jpg

I like the design very much, the cockpit is amazing , any chance for a belly shot?

Edited by LXF

7 minutes ago, LXF said:

I like the design very much, the cockpit is amazing , any chance for a belly shot?

Thanks! Yes of course I can show belly shot. There's nothing different in main chassis structure vs. 42039, just some panels etc. covering holes at the floor and side panels to carry new body.

D6v6JRF.jpg

2 hours ago, Lox Lego said:

Really interesting use of the curved panels. I find this build very unique looking!

Thanks, it was quite a fun to use 42039 curved panels and try to create something different looking than 24 hours race car :classic:

23 minutes ago, Horace T said:

I like the moc, but i don't like the colour scheme.

H

Thank you, colour scheme is what it is because don't have more available panels at this moment :look: But building of this moc was very much fun and joy all the time :thumbup:

1 hour ago, TheMindGarage said:

Nice! Reminds me of the Ultima GTR.

Thanks! Yes, something like that was in my mind too when I was making this moc, but I wanted to do it somewhat unique and my own design :sweet:

This is very unique, and I like it a lot! The curved roof is amazing. Also, is this a C-model using only parts from 42039, or does it use parts from other sets?

31 minutes ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

This is very unique, and I like it a lot! The curved roof is amazing. Also, is this a C-model using only parts from 42039, or does it use parts from other sets?

Thank you very much! And no, not a C-model, there is parts from here and there and for example double count of curved panels http://brickset.com/parts/6097208 (16 vs 8) than in one 42039 set.