Kaboozle

Scarif Reference Material

I am working on a MOC of Scarif from Rogue one but I have been unable to find any reference material for the Citadel Tower, which is sort of a key part of the Scarif base. If anybody knows anywhere were i can get good reference for the Scarif base in general, that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.:classic:

2 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Maybe you should wait a short while more when movie clips are released :classic:

I don't really see the need, as most of the battle appears in the Battlefront DLC, but the Citadel isn't easy to see in the game. I do plan to go see the movie again, partly because it's awesome and partly because I can't really remember how the walkway looks.

I was gonna suggest Battlefront for everything other than the Citadel Tower. Everything else is a perfect representation though. Couple Screenshots of that stuff should put you in the right direction. 

23 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

I was gonna suggest Battlefront for everything other than the Citadel Tower. Everything else is a perfect representation though. Couple Screenshots of that stuff should put you in the right direction. 

Great, thanks. :classic:

22 hours ago, dimnico said:

You could try 'The Art of Rogue One' book as well?

Oh, I'd not thought of of that, thanks. :classic:

Hey, I just saw this article on /Film where they have concept arts from the movie, I don't know how much different this one is from the final model but it's the best picture I've seen of the tower:

rogue-one-concept-art-4.jpg

Edit: ok, it's pretty different..

Edited by brobert

On 1/8/2017 at 0:56 AM, Kaboozle said:

I am working on a MOC of Scarif from Rogue one but I have been unable to find any reference material for the Citadel Tower, which is sort of a key part of the Scarif base. If anybody knows anywhere were i can get good reference for the Scarif base in general, that would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.:classic:

Shot of the Citadel, unfortunately top is cut off: 

th?id=OIP.UtxgaDTnsOejmTribyawMAEsCo&pid=15.1

47 minutes ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Shot of the Citadel, unfortunately top is cut off: 

th?id=OIP.UtxgaDTnsOejmTribyawMAEsCo&pid=15.1

Ellisss_2 already posted this

On 1/9/2017 at 7:51 AM, Thebeeze111 said:

Battlefront is the best resource for Star Wars accuracy. That's what I told my wife after playing for 400 hours in the last 16 months

On 10/01/2017 at 2:51 AM, Thebeeze111 said:

Why not the Citadel Tower? Can you not see it, or is it an inaccurate concept art?

17 minutes ago, Stillinamerica said:

Battlefront is the best resource for Star Wars accuracy. That's what I told my wife after playing for 400 hours in the last 16 months

It is definitely very accurate for references in most areas, and the graphics are beautiful!

However talking playability, I find it boring, not very good for a shooter in my opinion compared to a game like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in which I have over 700 hours! *huh*

11 hours ago, Ellisss_2 said:

It is definitely very accurate for references in most areas, and the graphics are beautiful!

However talking playability, I find it boring, not very good for a shooter in my opinion compared to a game like Counter-Strike: Global Offensive in which I have over 700 hours! *huh*

We're going a little off-topic here, but agreed, it's not much of a shooter, that's why I never got really into it, but you have to give it to the team, they did a damn good job with recreating the iconic locations and vehicles.

The reason it's so accurate in models, is because they were actually using original models to render from the Lucasfilm archives, and they visited the original locations. Not sure how much time they've spent on the Scarif DLC though. 

23 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

Why not the Citadel Tower? Can you not see it, or is it an inaccurate concept art?

The tower is off in the distance and they have the rail station to take you to it. The battles are actually occurring at the landing pad facilities. Remember in the movie when Krennic is in the tower and they see the explosion go off out in the distance? You're where the explosion was in relation to the tower. 

46 minutes ago, Thebeeze111 said:

The tower is off in the distance and they have the rail station to take you to it. The battles are actually occurring at the landing pad facilities. Remember in the movie when Krennic is in the tower and they see the explosion go off out in the distance? You're where the explosion was in relation to the tower. 

Ohh. Man, that's really far. :sceptic:

I was thinking of making a MOC of the Citadel. But no references = :thumbdown:

13 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

The Blu-ray comes out in 2 months. Plenty of material then haha.

Sorry for the off, but is that a fact already? I haven't seen any official info about that.