KikoTube

Kiko´s Train World

Just now, ColletArrow said:

That's a really nice looking locomotive! I love the angles around the cab. Does it have space for PF inside?

Thanks and no, the engine compartment is too low. It uses a 9V Battery.

9 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Nice one. Is that picture taken in Salzburg? Looks familiar...

Thanks, Actually i don´t know. I took it from the internet

Considering these are your first Train Mocs (you're just getting into this right?) they look really great! My first moc looked like a hamburger...

Edited by BurkusCircus

On 26/02/2017 at 11:28 PM, Capparezza said:

Nice one. Is that picture taken in Salzburg? Looks familiar...

Look at the caption:

http://www.bahnbilder.de/bild/oesterreich~e-loks~br-1163/423126/oebb-1163-007-6-mit-einem-containerzug.html

It looks really good! You're quickly improving your train-building skills. I don't understand what you mean when you say it has a 9v battery, but doesn't have room for PF. Anyways, I'd really like to try to fit PF into this train, so if there's a way that you could share the LXF with me I'd really appreciate it. I think your pantograph is a bit messy and could be improved. Here's my design for a similar pantograph

800x600.jpg

800x600.jpg

http://bricksafe.com/pages/Beck/train_mocs/railpool-traxx-ac3-lm/wip

On 26/02/2017 at 11:58 AM, KikoTube said:

I built a ÖBB 1163. Which pulls freight, but also can be used for passengertransports. Here's the result:

This locomotive is predominately used as a shunter and sometimes is used for short distance freight traffic. You're probably mistaking the photos on the internet of this loco shunting passenger cars, as a regional passenger train.

Edited by Beck

15 minutes ago, Beck said:

It looks really good! You're quickly improving your train-building skills

Thanks @Beck.

15 minutes ago, Beck said:

I don't understand what you mean when you say it has a 9v battery, but doesn't have room for PF

It is powered by a single 9v battery (which can be loaded), like this:

I bought it at: http://mechnable.com/content/minizip-shop/

P1050568.jpg

The pantograph is great. I need to buy some black colour :wink:

P.S: I send you the LXF

I was able to fit 2 PF L motors into the train with a battery box and receiver into the train. I tried to not stray too far away from Kiko's design, while adding minor details and cosmetic changes. I purposely didn't attach one bar on the top of the cabin so that the 4x6 plate can be removed for battery access. 

Kikotube,

I noticed that you built your model in LDD extended, which allows you to change the color any part in the inventory, even if the part is not available in that color. Your "white" was not actually white (not sure if this was intentional), rather it was "Light stone grey," a color exclusively used in the old NXT kits. This is not a problem if you are not planning on building this model IRL. Your non-powered bogie used technic axles, which create a substantial amount of friction.

I hope you like it and it is useful to you in some way.

640x399.jpg

LXF:

http://bricksafe.com/pages/Beck/train_mocs/mod-kikotubes-obb-1163

Reference image:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/571/22475525386_4f291463ba_b.jpg

Hello Beck,

Thanks for all the improvements. Its perfect.... The only thing i will change, is the color of the darkgray window into black. But thats all. Thank you very much :blush:

Hello Guys...

After a visit in the "Hungarian Railway Museum" i was inspired to build a new wagon.

The WR4252:

800x600.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Are you sure that it would work well? In my experience the normal turntables don't work very well for that purpose.

7 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

Are you sure that it would work well? In my experience the normal turntables don't work very well for that purpose.

Could you explain it to me why it shouldnt work?

Chris

6 hours ago, KikoTube said:

Could you explain it to me why it shouldnt work?

Chris

They have more friction (which is a problem in curves) and they can derail at the slightest hill because they can't rotate vertically.

3 hours ago, Tcm0 said:

They have more friction (which is a problem in curves) and they can derail at the slightest hill because they can't rotate vertically.

This may be true, but I use them exclusively on my rolling stock and have never had an issue. I've even ran them on very uneven tables at high speed without issue. 

On 14/04/2017 at 11:55 PM, Tcm0 said:

I pretty much exclusively use them for all my 7 wide rolling stock and have never had a problem over many years running at train and LEGO exhibitions.